Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just read it.  Thought you were thinking Samba.  We are differently trying Samba for the 1st time.  I have heard to allow about an hour and a half.  Trying to figure out schedule afterwards. Try to Watching the space station by the moon 🌙 right now.

Did you try Sabor?

No, we did not try Sabor.   Sorry for my mix up.   You will enjoy Samba, hopefully it's as good as it was for us.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, HBE4 said:

Thank you Lenny. It's been 15 years since Sister's husband passed and 13 years for my mother. Sometimes, it feels just like yesterday.

I think this gloomy weather the past few days has put me in a gloomy mood. Heading off to re-read @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty reviews & of course to follow @singinalot upcoming review to put me in a more sunny disposition. 🙂

Hopefully you had a nice day today

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 3:36 PM, John&LaLa said:

Sucks having to depend on someone else winning a pennant slot for you vs just winning it outright. Guess you're hoping for a collapse reminiscent of 1969. 😉

Good luck

The Mets finished with the same record as the Braves.Jeff McNeil led the major league in batting.

Pete Alonso had 41 home runs,Francisco Linder,107 runs batted in.Nimmo and Escobar had good years.They have the two best pitchers in baseball and won more games than the Yankees.

On 10/4/2022 at 4:28 PM, Mrs. H. said:

So very sorry to hear that, Lenny.  That is so sad.

I went to CVS Minute Clinic last Thurs.  Was told I have Laryngitis.
Feels more like Bronchitis.  Started to feel better yesterday, but not so much at 4am.  
Was coughing during night.  Fever back this afternoon.  WTH?!

I'm supposed to go to TN on Monday.  Cousin in TN has Covid for 11 days now.  Got it while in NJ visiting her son.  If I'm still sick on Friday when I see my doc, I'll cancel and go thru my travel insurance.  If I'm feeling fine, I'll still go and make the best of it.  I was already looking at a cruise to Canda/NE at the end of this month in case TN is out. lol

LET'S GO METS!!

My son in law who lives near me has Covid.We found this out a few minutes ago.

I hope you feel better very soon,Debbie.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, HBE4 said:

It was fun having at least one competitive pennant race as all the other division leaders were running away with it.  Although the Yankees did their best to throw away their double-digit lead, it never got real tight.

The bright spot for your team is Judge.Now the question is will he be on the team next season ?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:38 PM, HBE4 said:

My nephew bought me tickets for NY Rangers opening night next Tuesday.   Hoping they can finish what they started last year and not come crashing back to earth.

Opening against Tampa should be a nice start. 🙂

I hope they get into the next playoffs

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, HBE4 said:

I've heard on a few occasions that many sports writers consider hockey players - generally speaking - tend to be some of the most down-to-earth, easy going, friendliest of all the major sports athletes.  Maybe it's because they don't get the same level of attention that NBA or NFL players get (at least in the US of A) or that many hail from small towns.   Not sure why.

In 1994 I was a volunteer for the Make A Wish Foundation .On one Sunday they had a Sports Forum and invited players from every sport.Nearly all of them were glad to do this but two big name baseball players asked to be paid.This turned me off .Phil Rizzuto was one of the people invited.He was ill at the time and a nephew of his came with signed memorabilia from Rizzuto.We expected about twenty pieces but he had his entire car filled with items.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1994 I was a volunteer for the Make A Wish Foundation .On one Sunday they had a Sports Forum and invited players from every sport.Nearly all of them were glad to do this but two big name baseball players asked to be paid.This turned me off .Phil Rizzuto was one of the people invited.He was ill at the time and a nephew of his came with signed memorabilia from Rizzuto.We expected about twenty pieces but he had his entire car filled with items.

My cousin actually works for the LA Kings.  Years ago (before he even graduated high school), he met the owner and they got to talking about his love of hockey and how he wanted to be a sports reporter.  The owner said to let him know when he graduated college, as he would be happy to have my cousin work for him.

Over the summer, he finally got a job offer from them and now works in their marketing department.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Hey Greg.  When you ate at Jamie's were you able to order pasta and something else like a filet at the same time.   Just wanting to make sure I will be full when I'm done eating there.... 😆 

You could order anything and everything. The Truffle Tagliatelle Pasta was excellent. They don't have a Filet like Giovani's but The Lamb Chops are wonderful as well as the Chianti-Braised Short Rib. We were not impressed with the Lasagna and I'm not sure how the Chicken dishes were. Get as many appetizers as you can they are all good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Jeff McNeil led the major league in batting.

But McNeil sat out the last game and didn't play. 😞 and Freeman of the Dodgers played the last game and went 3 for 4 and finished just 1 point behind McNeil.

Wasn't cool for McNeil to take the title when sitting out the last game. Not Cool!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone going to check out the new Love Boat after Survivor?

We taped it definitely looking forward to seeing it. , my first cruise was before the original love boat , I did over a dozen cruises as a single and I was very happy that the females seemed to outnumber the men by almost two to one . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This afternoon was a difficult one to be with our grandkids.  We knew it was only a matter of time before Lucy would pass on. 

She was so tiny when our daughter got her. 

0EB56326-5494-4B7B-8DAA-24E008E88659.thumb.jpeg.86692f86bf37f9e99075ceb68e94968f.jpeg

And, of course, she had grown by the time our grandkids came along, and she loved those Christmas presents. 

EC8EB82D-85B9-49FD-9E7F-F3B455B9FDAF.thumb.jpeg.eed0ea6b645274732ee940eb2f2a5e1e.jpeg

Always tolerant of getting decorated. 

1BF1A749-FA9D-474A-8DB7-E37F4894FFD8.thumb.jpeg.42e0b8b98bb89342aba7934740f5b1f8.jpeg

Many tears were shed.  RIP Lucy. 

D0197886-6079-4B31-989E-A2863816A6B0.thumb.jpeg.0648b2c94768769bb28b67c19c95f81f.jpeg

So beautiful. I'm so sorry. I hope your hearts fill with sweet memories.

• Like 2

Good morning.

It is 60°F and sunny here at 11.15am.

It is 43 years today when Pauline and I got engaged and 41 years last August when we got married.

I am booked in at my doctor's for the flu jab and Autumn booster later.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 43 years today when Pauline and I got engaged and 41 years last August when we got married.

What is an autumn booster?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m recording it. I heard Hannah from BD is supposed to be on it.

We heard that too.  So we watched about 15 minutes of the new show, no Hannah.  It's not a good show.

The google tells me she's on the Australian version of the show.  I thought it might be on Paramount+, but a quick search didn't find it.

Edited by Paul from Maryland
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

You are such a lovely couple.  Have a wonderful day.

• Thanks 1

I watched the Love Boat simply because it was a bridge between Survivor and Amazing Race.  Meh.  I knit so it wasn't wasted time.  Please for the love of God -  if you go on Amazing Race learn to drive a stick before you go.  You know they will make you at some point.  Just like on Survivor -  please put a swimsuit on under your clothes and learn to make a fire.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1