Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

we’re replacing the dishwasher with a Bosch and I have my eye on a GE fridge 😍

We had a Bosch dishwasher for about ten years.  Quietest dishwasher I've ever heard.  

The cheapest Bosch dishwashers, noise wise, are comparable to the average dishwasher.  But once you go up a bit they get very quiet.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

WOW Mema. ☺️ I researched sewer lines and didn't even come across cast iron sewer pipes! I thought our CA clay lines sounded chintzy. (As in no wonder they break, crack and have root intrusion) But most of the new ones here are PVC. The sewer utility (that I used to inspect) insisted the clay ones are "the best" 

Massachusetts has such old and interesting things. I can see why it would not be such an easy fix where you are. How old is your house? And it would probably be horribly expensive to replace them. Bill and I are kind of fascinated by that. It will be something to ask about that if we move to the southeast. My apologies. 

No apologies needed Coral. 🙂  The house is about 50 years old. We have had a few drain companies over the years and all have said they would line it if it wasn’t for that repaired area. We will just stay on a preventative maintenance schedule and have it cleared every other year. I will never buy a house with huge stone walls again. They might be pretty to look at but they are crazy expensive to repair. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Haven't watched Walking Dead or Game of Thrones!!

Tried the new GoT spin off and the LotR spin off on Amazon but struggling, and I love LotR. Read the books multiple times and loved Peter Jacksons trilogy 

We enjoyed HOT D, but it's hard to keep up with all of the different characters...worse than GOT.  There is so much time change between some episodes that they change actors to play the same role to get someone who looks older, and some of the names sound similar.  I would need to watch an episode summary on YouTube after the fact to understand what happened.  😁

Was off to my daughter’s house, early this morning.  Got a little time to play with Ricky. 

333DF57F-DB6D-4D39-A4F5-8BA62DED9B2D.thumb.jpeg.92a52700634dd54a94507be214a825f5.jpeg

So I made the drive in the dark and heavy fog, to get my daughter to her hospital appointment, while Susan stayed behind to get the grandkids to school.  

I just heard from her that grandson lost a tooth, so it looks like the tooth fairy will be looking for him. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 20

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Was off to my daughter’s house, early this morning.  Got a little time to play with Ricky. 

333DF57F-DB6D-4D39-A4F5-8BA62DED9B2D.thumb.jpeg.92a52700634dd54a94507be214a825f5.jpeg

So I made the drive in the dark and heavy fog, to get my daughter to her hospital appointment, while Susan stayed behind to get the grandkids to school.  

I just heard from her that grandson lost a tooth, so it looks like the tooth fairy will be looking for him. 

Ricky looks to be settled right into his new home. It is apparent he feels safe.

I hope your daughter, and the family, are doing well.

• Like 9

Today a photographer is coming to take pictures of our house for the listing.  🙀  Unfortunately we are both horders.  I have tried to clean up…. There is stuff I would have thrown away but the company that will be doing the estate sale told us not to throw anything away.  I expect we will spend the day with our arms full of stuff out of camera range.

Years ago I went to an auction of Kenny Rogers’ house outside Athens, Georgia.  He had two Labs named Häagen and Dazs that he said went with the house.  I want to make clear to my realtor that Diana and Minnie do not go with the house!

6E94BDF3-65BE-4C50-A072-F2408463A611.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Have you ever lived???

Please tell me you've at least watched Game of Thrones?

Sorry, don't mean to be so dramatic. After 2 hours of leaf blowing and 3 hours of giving one of the bathrooms a very, very deep cleaning, the wine went straight to my head!  And made me a bit on the chatty side too, 😀

Yes I did watch GOT although started it a season or so in so had to catch up.  Hubby didn't want to watch so watched with my son.  Of course as he heard all the hoopla towards the end he decided to watch.  I watched the whole thing with himso wdcould watch the end together, interesting what I caught the 2nd time around.  Not really sure why never started Walking Dead, not really into spooky shows so just never appealled.  We just watched Stranger Things from beginning to end over the past few months, ready for the new season.

2 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

We had a Bosch dishwasher for about ten years.  Quietest dishwasher I've ever heard.  

The cheapest Bosch dishwashers, noise wise, are comparable to the average dishwasher.  But once you go up a bit they get very quiet.  

A neighbor of mine just got a new Bosch.  It had lights that shine on the bottom to let you know it's running.  So quiet you wouldn't know it's on otherwise.  Our dishwasher is the only original appliance in our kitchen, keep looking but just can't spend the $$ on it to replace.  Some day, keeping all these recommendations in mind.

Also do miss @dani negreanu hoping all is ok and its just the yucky CC login issues keeping her away.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

LOL, I haven’t even looked at the camera yet. Went with the 512 though.

Don’t gasp, I never shoot in Raw. It doesn’t really show better on CC.🤯😂

I agree. It's too big of a file to post on CC. I did most of photos for my live non RAW and I thought they looked great. Plus do you really need to see food in 48mp? I think when you do want to do some interesting photography or something you would want to blow up, having the 48mp is perfect for that.

• Like 1

It's been one year since I retired and it's gone fast. Things I have learned.

1. I love being retired
2. Afternoon naps are the best
3. Raising two puppies (now 1 year old) is a full time job
4. I don't get enough things done around the house because I am too busy doing            nothing.
5. After 3 cruises in one year, I can never get enough of being on a ship.
6. All things I said I was going to do I haven't done yet
7. I spend a lot of time thinking about money
8.  I like exercising and losing weight
9. I like staying at home rather than going out
10.  I've decided I wouldn't change a thing
Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 33

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu I haven't seen Dani post or hit a like button as she usually does, in quite a few pages.  Hope all is well and hope the CC crud, if she's experiencing it, resolves quickly.

Hopefully, it is just because CC is acting up.  It took me two days to be able to finally log on with my chrome book;  phone, not yet...which would be fine, except for when I'm on the road (not while driving..lol!).  That would be a real PIA if I don't get that straightened out..I don't have the app on my phone..I go to Google and hit "collections".🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1. I love being retired
4. I don't get enough things done around the house because I am too busy doing            nothing.

What a great year!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ah, the joys of kids losing a tooth.  Enjoy them while they're still little.

Ricky looks downright comfortable in his new home!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ricky looks to be settled right into his new home. It is apparent he feels safe.

I hope your daughter, and the family, are doing well.

I also hope that all in the family are doing well, Mark, and your daughter, especially.  🙏

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1. I love being retired

Isn't Retirement grand!!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully, it is just because CC is acting up.  It took me two days to be able to finally log on with my chrome book;  phone, not yet...which would be fine, except for when I'm on the road (not while driving..lol!).  That would be a real PIA if I don't get that straightened out..I don't have the app on my phone..I go to Google and hit "collections".🤷‍♀️

Have you tried deleting the cookies for Cruise Critic from your phone and then trying to login again?  I cleared my browsing history and cookies on my iPhone and then was able to get logged in.  Unfortunately, that also cleared my Wordle and Octordle streak records but that's okay.  On a side note, if any of you Wordle people haven't tried Octordle, give it a shot.  Much more challenging.  There is a daily and sequence game each day.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not true. I've been cheering on the Phillies since the start.  But I can see why you thought that & understand the confusion. I had a tongue-in-cheek post about last nights 7-0 Philly win being a snore-fest.  That was a not a knock on Philly, just my attempt at sarcasm. Proving, once again, that sarcasm does not translate will on Internet forums.

Go Phillies!!  I'm okay with the teams alternating wins as that works in Philly's favor.

I saw the Larsen Perfect Game in 1956.I saw no hitters by Koufax,Ryan ,Johnson and others.I am not saying last nights game was great but it was a greatly pitched game.

I was kidding ,I know you were rooting for the Phillies from the start.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1. I love being retired

I have been retired nearly 20 years and the only thing I share with your top 10 is #5 which I had been doing until 2019.

Going to doctors tends to occupy most of my time.I am leaving here in 8 minutes for todays doctor appt.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

On a side note, if any of you Wordle people haven't tried Octordle, give it a shot. 

I skipped Octordle and went to Sedecordle, a 16 word puzzle. I also turned off "Daily Mode" in case I want to play it more than once a day.  I think I will give Octordle a try.  I might like 8 words too.  I really don't like the 1 and 4 word puzzles as much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I skipped Octordle and went to Sedecordle, a 16 word puzzle. I also turned off "Daily Mode" in case I want to play it more than once a day.  I think I will give Octordle a try.  I might like 8 words too.  I really don't like the 1 and 4 word puzzles as much.

My son did that one for a while, neither my DH or I have ever tried that.  We do both the daily and sequence game of Octordle each day.  Sequence is a little more challenging since you have to do the words in order.  I haven't tried any of the themed games in Octordle yet.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

1. I love being retired

If guessing I would of never guessed 1 year has already passed.  Time seems to keep speeding up.  Good to hear you are enjoying retirement. 

• Like 4