Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son did that one for a while, neither my DH or I have ever tried that.  We do both the daily and sequence game of Octordle each day.  Sequence is a little more challenging since you have to do the words in order.  I haven't tried any of the themed games in Octordle yet.

I just tried Octordle.   It was maybe more challenging than the 16 words.  I haven't tried sequence.   That sounds like it would take a long time.  Especially if it was 8 words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Unfortunately, that also cleared my Wordle and Octordle streak records but that's okay.  On a side note, if any of you Wordle people haven't tried Octordle, give it a shot

I had to laugh .... this happened to me too after the Cruise Critic problem. In my case, with Wordle and Quordle. I will have to check out Octordle. Thanks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just tried Octordle.   It was maybe more challenging than the 16 words.  I haven't tried sequence.   That sounds like it would take a long time.  Especially if it was 8 words.

I use the same three starting words each time I play Octordle.  My three words use fifteen different letters, so that gives me a good start.  On the daily game, you get thirteen guesses for the eight words and can go in any order, so I win 99% of the time.  Sequence gives you fifteen guesses for the eight words but only shows you the word you are working on.  Once you get that word, it will show you what letters you have for the next word.  Once you get used to how it works, it flows pretty well.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I had to laugh .... this happened to me too after the Cruise Critic problem. In my case, with Wordle and Quordle. I will have to check out Octordle. Thanks!

I hadn't tried Quordle, so thanks for another one to try.  I just did it in eight, using my three starting words but I might have to try a different strategy with that one to get my number down. 😄 

• Like 2

Here's a bit of an airplane rant:  The one thing DW and I are noticing that we absolutely hate is that with the advent of free wifi whereby everyone can connect with their devices to watch movies, etc. what’s happening is that hardly anyone opens their window sliders anymore. It’s not only depressing, and surely more than mildly claustrophobic for some people, but also like being in a dark cave for a few hours. No issue, of course, with overnight flights, but all 4 flights we had (during daylight) were exactly the same way. I think we were among the few that had the window open (I like to see the scenery anyway). I suspect it’s due to people wanting to better see their screens or else sleep. It’s also nice to look out of windows on the other side. What I like best about flying is seeing what we’re flying over unless cloud cover. Oh well…nothing stays the same. Was also surprised to see that we had seat-back movie screens on both longer flights and yet less than 4 hours each, so that part was most enjoyable. I was sitting at a window and can still easily see the screen but it starts to feel like we shouldn't even have it open cause others may feel bothered by the extra light coming in. I guess for some folks they equate it to riding on the subway where you can't see anything? It's just a bit...strange…but then our society has gotten that way in general. 

Anybody else notice what I feel is a rather depressing trend? 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:
It's been one year since I retired and it's gone fast. Things I have learned.

1. I love being retired
2. Afternoon naps are the best
3. Raising two puppies (now 1 year old) is a full time job
4. I don't get enough things done around the house because I am too busy doing            nothing.
5. After 3 cruises in one year, I can never get enough of being on a ship.
6. All things I said I was going to do I haven't done yet
7. I spend a lot of time thinking about money
8.  I like exercising and losing weight
9. I like staying at home rather than going out
10.  I've decided I wouldn't change a thing

WOW!   It's been a year already.   Time does fly when you are having fun😃

I was magically able to get on CC from work computer today.    Did nothing special today, just logged in and it worked!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Here's a bit of an airplane rant:  The one thing DW and I are noticing that we absolutely hate is that with the advent of free wifi whereby everyone can connect with their devices to watch movies, etc. what’s happening is that hardly anyone opens their window sliders anymore. It’s not only depressing, and surely more than mildly claustrophobic for some people, but also like being in a dark cave for a few hours. No issue, of course, with overnight flights, but all 4 flights we had (during daylight) were exactly the same way. I think we were among the few that had the window open (I like to see the scenery anyway). I suspect it’s due to people wanting to better see their screens or else sleep. It’s also nice to look out of windows on the other side. What I like best about flying is seeing what we’re flying over unless cloud cover. Oh well…nothing stays the same. Was also surprised to see that we had seat-back movie screens on both longer flights and yet less than 4 hours each, so that part was most enjoyable. I was sitting at a window and can still easily see the screen but it starts to feel like we shouldn't even have it open cause others may feel bothered by the extra light coming in. I guess for some folks they equate it to riding on the subway where you can't see anything? It's just a bit...strange…but then our society has gotten that way in general. 

I love being able to see out the window, and prefer having a window seat so I can be in control of the window shade.  This was my view a couple of weeks ago as we were about to pass down through the clouds before landing.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5fa163615450a384025e7a730f07ecf.jpeg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully, it is just because CC is acting up.  It took me two days to be able to finally log on with my chrome book;  phone, not yet...which would be fine, except for when I'm on the road (not while driving..lol!).  That would be a real PIA if I don't get that straightened out..I don't have the app on my phone..I go to Google and hit "collections".🤷‍♀️

I will never understand how people type lengthy posts on their phones with those little keys.

Maryann, how is Jim doing?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I noticed that to lately. I like to look out when we are getting close to landing. A lot of people still had their shade down.

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WOW!   It's been a year already.   Time does fly when you are having fun😃

I was magically able to get on CC from work computer today.    Did nothing special today, just logged in and it worked!

Hopefully they worked out all their problems. Yes hard to believe it's been a year.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I agree, unless I am napping or there is a glare on a 😃screen we will leave our shade open at least half way up as I always enjoy looking out.   Kinda like watching the ocean while sitting on your balcony

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

how people type lengthy posts on their phones with those little keys.

Agreed. I've seen the most dexterous thumbs imaginable going at it (both hands) successfully composing words faster than I can do it on a regular-sized keyboard with all ten digits. Astounding, really. Worst thing about texting on a phone is the auto-fill (e.g. wrong words that get put in there). Unless proof-reading, I would have sent the most ridiculous (but sometimes also humorous) texts already. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't know about the spin off until last night on this thread😀

I think they started the filming of the Negan & Maggie show. It's going to be set in NYC so that'll be interesting.  I wonder if there will be any on location filming?

The Darryl show is going to be set in Paris!!  Be interesting to see how he gets there and why he goes. I imagine he'll be a fish out of water in that setting.

The Rick and Michonne spin-off is still just a concept. Probably waiting for Andrew Lincoln (Rick) to come back from his time off with family. Hopefully it'll show what he's been doing while his character was away.

There was also supposed to be at least 3 full length movies but i think they shelved those plans in favor of the spin-offs. 

Honestly, I think they are going to kill the brand with so many shows but I guess there are enough hard-core fans out there to fulfill the need.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We enjoyed HOT D, but it's hard to keep up with all of the different characters...worse than GOT.  There is so much time change between some episodes that they change actors to play the same role to get someone who looks older, and some of the names sound similar.  I would need to watch an episode summary on YouTube after the fact to understand what happened.  😁

Not only are there so many characters with similar names that come and go, but then they start referring to them by 2 or 3 different nicknames or their official long-winded titles such as "Lord HBE4, First of his name, from the House of Dani Thread, Keeper of Sarcasm, etc, etc".

If you are streaming HOTD, they have a short 2-3 minute recap called "Inside the Episode" where the producers & writers will summarize that episode and explain some of the not-so-obvious things.  It comes after the credits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:
It's been one year since I retired and it's gone fast. Things I have learned.

1. I love being retired
2. Afternoon naps are the best
3. Raising two puppies (now 1 year old) is a full time job
4. I don't get enough things done around the house because I am too busy doing            nothing.
5. After 3 cruises in one year, I can never get enough of being on a ship.
6. All things I said I was going to do I haven't done yet
7. I spend a lot of time thinking about money
8.  I like exercising and losing weight
9. I like staying at home rather than going out
10.  I've decided I wouldn't change a thing

I also can't believe it's been a year already. And as for #4 and #6 I find - speaking only for myself as I'm a procrastinator - that if I have all the time in the world to do something, it takes me all the time in the world to get it done.  I guess I thrive under pressure. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Paul from Maryland said:

We had a Bosch dishwasher for about ten years.  Quietest dishwasher I've ever heard.  

The cheapest Bosch dishwashers, noise wise, are comparable to the average dishwasher.  But once you go up a bit they get very quiet.  

My brother-in-law has a Bosch and it's so quiet that you don't even realize it's running. More than once I've opened it in mid-cycle to put a dirty dish in there.

On the other hand, my almost 20 year old Kenmore sounds like there is a cement mixer parked in the kitchen. But it's fast and gets the job done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My brother-in-law has a Bosch and it's so quiet that you don't even realize it's running. More than once I've opened it in mid-cycle to put a dirty dish in there.

On the other hand, my almost 20 year old Kenmore sounds like there is a cement mixer parked in the kitchen. But it's fast and gets the job done.

My daughter has a Bosch, and I absolutely hate trying to load anything in it,  It seems like the wires on the racks never fit what I try to put in there.  It takes forever to run a complete cycle.

Give me our old Whirlpool any day.  Easy to load and quick.  That’s why I was happy I was able to fix it after our flooding incident.  I still haven’t trusted to walk away and let it run yet, but I am getting more trusting.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, see, there is that subtle humor again. 🙂 It went right over my head. LOL.

Yes,I realized that. You have may have read what I am about to post previously,maybe not.In the 80’s I wrote 13 episodes of a TV show satirizing late night soap operas.I tried to sell it to NBC because at the time they were the only network without a soap opera.They were not interested because they were in the process of having a late night soap.The person I spoke to suggested that they have Lorne Michaels read it .He did and said while he believed the premise to be very good SNL had its own writing staff.

• Like 4

I just returned from having a consultation with a doctor who does Nerve Restoration Therapy for Neuropathy.It is not covered by health insurance and there is no guarantee that it would help me.He said that if it worked I could possibly have a 30 to 40 percent relief of pain in my legs .I asked how long it would last and he had no idea.The cost is $3500 for 24 treatments.It involves sitting for 20 minutes wearing something wrapped around my foot.I told him I would think about it and he said that the price he quoted was only for today.I felt as though I was in something other than a doctors office.😀

• Like 9

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

Yes I did watch GOT although started it a season or so in so had to catch up.  Hubby didn't want to watch so watched with my son.  Of course as he heard all the hoopla towards the end he decided to watch.  I watched the whole thing with himso wdcould watch the end together, interesting what I caught the 2nd time around.  Not really sure why never started Walking Dead, not really into spooky shows so just never appealled.  We just watched Stranger Things from beginning to end over the past few months, ready for the new season.

A neighbor of mine just got a new Bosch.  It had lights that shine on the bottom to let you know it's running.  So quiet you wouldn't know it's on otherwise.  Our dishwasher is the only original appliance in our kitchen, keep looking but just can't spend the $$ on it to replace.  Some day, keeping all these recommendations in mind.

Also do miss @dani negreanu hoping all is ok and its just the yucky CC login issues keeping her away.

Walking Dead is not spooky

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I skipped Octordle and went to Sedecordle, a 16 word puzzle. I also turned off "Daily Mode" in case I want to play it more than once a day.  I think I will give Octordle a try.  I might like 8 words too.  I really don't like the 1 and 4 word puzzles as much.

I play NY times spelling bee along with Wordle and Wordle Hurdle

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you tried deleting the cookies for Cruise Critic from your phone and then trying to login again?  I cleared my browsing history and cookies on my iPhone and then was able to get logged in.  Unfortunately, that also cleared my Wordle and Octordle streak records but that's okay.  On a side note, if any of you Wordle people haven't tried Octordle, give it a shot.  Much more challenging.  There is a daily and sequence game each day.  

Mema, I have an android, and I access CC by going through Google's "collections".  I have been unable to download the CC app, so I just go through Google.  I went on to the CC again through Google, and I have no idea how to delete cookies.  I appreciate your suggestion, but it's all "Greek" to me.

I have been trying numerous times to sign in, but only get the red login issues.🤷‍♀️  Right now, I'm 😉 glad to be able to get on and respond on my Chromebook.  Thank you again!

• Like 2