Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just wanted to clarify, if you set up Wi-Fi Calling on your cell phone before your trip, you can text/call as usual when connected to the ship's internet. 

I keep my Wi-Fi Calling turned on 24/7/365... if my cell signal is weak but I have a decent Wi-Fi signal (like at home where my cell service is in a bit of a dead zone), my phone just automatically routes the call over Wi-Fi instead.  

You can text without carrier charges?

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like @LuckynanaMaryann, I'm a Pepsi girl.  I love when we're out, and I order a diet Coke, the server asks "is diet Pepsi ok"?  I just assume every place offers only diet coke.

At the table I will mention I will get a coke but when the server comes I will ask for a Dr. Pepper and no Mr. Pibb will not be a substitute.  Then I will get a Coca cola.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 9:22 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

We had friends over for dinner and card playing last night.  I made filet mignon, although not @Sea Dog Greg’s recipe.  I did mine in a cast iron skillet with butter & rosemary, seared on the stovetop and finished in the oven.  They were fantastic.  We also had baked potatoes and roasted green beans.  The appetizer was my world famous stuffed clams with chorizo, known in RI as “Stuffies”.  Okay maybe they’re not world famous, but they are raved about in our circle of friends & family.  Friends brought a pastry assortment for dessert.
 Quite a bit of wine was consumed which may be why I lost at cards 😆
No picture of the main course, I was trying to get everything plated & served hot, but here’s one of the Stuffies.  
D385F290-45B1-42A6-A256-4378AD37533B.thumb.jpeg.6b86219444458cc3de1b749e0004b29e.jpeg

those look amazing and now I am hungry, would you mind sharing your recipe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clochette said:

those look amazing and now I am hungry, would you mind sharing your recipe?

Happy to.
This is a recipe I created myself in an attempt to duplicate the best ones I ever had in a restaurant.  

1lb ground chorizo sausage

1lb chopped clams (and their liquid)

Ritz crackers, about 2 1/2 sleeves, crushed fine

1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs 

1 red bell pepper, finely chopped

1 small-medium onion, finely chopped

1 stick of butter

1/4 cup dried parsley

Melt 4 TB butter in a large pan or skillet. Add the chorizo, breaking it up completely.  Sauté about 3 minutes.  Add red pepper and onion, stir to combine and cook 8-10 minutes continuing to stir occasionally.  Add chopped clams and their liquid.  Stir well and cook another 8-10 minutes.  Turn off heat, then add Ritz crumbs, panko breadcrumbs and dried parsley.  (I suggest you not add all of the crumbs at once because the actual amount needed will depend on how much liquid your clams have.  So you may need a little more or a little less of the Ritz & panko). Toss together until well combined and no dry areas.  

LIGHTLY spoon this stuffing into your shells, don’t compress or they become too dense.  Scrunch up some aluminum foil on a baking pan and place your stuffed clams on that (will keep them from rocking & sliding around). Cut the remaining butter into small pieces and place them in top of the stuffed clams.  
Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.  Serve with lemon wedges and Frank’s hot sauce.  
* a note about the shells, because I don’t know about their availability in your area. These are quahog shells, so pretty big as pictured in my hand.  I’ve collected mine over the last couple of years by keeping ones we acquired when Andy orders them thru takeout.  Our local stores also sell Stuffies both fresh and frozen, so some of my shells have come to me that way.  

D067C530-F04A-4BDB-90C3-68E05CC5989C.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are feeling ok but We still have congestion in the sinus and head. Blowing my nose all the time and still doing some coughing. It's kind of frustrating that it has been lingering on.

I hear you Greg.  I’m still a little snuffly in the nose but otherwise feel fine.  At this point I’m starting to think it’s all the leaves.  The trees are pretty much bare, but lots of folks in our neighborhood are still cleaning them up.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You can text without carrier charges?

Correct.  If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling (which I think all the major US ones do), when you're on Wi-Fi with it enabled, you can make/receive calls and texts anywhere in the world without any surcharges.

People just call or text your number like normal, and it gets routed to your phone via the internet.  I've done calls and texts from all over the Caribbean and the middle of the ocean, never had a single charge for it.

I learned about Wi-Fi calling here on CC about five or so years ago, and I've been using it ever since.  I just turn on Wi-Fi Calling and follow the steps to "register" the phone when I first get a new phone, and then I never turn it off.  I use it on cruises and at home.  

If you want to know how to set it up on your particular phone, just google the brand/type of phone, your carrier name, and Wi-Fi Calling ("android AT&T wifi calling" or "samsung Verizon wi-fi calling" or "iphone t-mobile wifi calling" or whatever). 

When you first turn it on, you have to register your home address so it knows how to route 911 calls, but that's a one-time setting.  If you're ever at someone else's house using their wifi to make a 911 call, you'd need to make sure what 911 call center you got routed to, but if your call gets routed through your cell service, it will automatically detect your location from the cell signal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched the final episode of the Walking Dead last night.One of the actors on the show Dan Fogler (his character name was Luke) is the son of a Doctor who my wife knows very well from the hospital she worked in.

What did you think of the final episode Lenny?  I am two seasons behind but interested in your thoughts.  

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

What did you think of the final episode Lenny?  I am two seasons behind but interested in your thoughts.  

I was somewhat disappointed. I have watched every episode of the show,every episode of Fear the Walking Dead and every episode of The Talking Dead.

After you catch up and see the final episode let me know .The last taking Dead had about 40 actors from the show including season 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1