Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We want to be able to text our daughter in NJ while we're cruising.  We don't need email or video chat.  Which plan is best?  We never felt the need before.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't believe texting will work with either.  You will need to use messenger or Whats app and surf will be fine

Just wanted to clarify, if you set up Wi-Fi Calling on your cell phone before your trip, you can text/call as usual when connected to the ship's internet. 

I keep my Wi-Fi Calling turned on 24/7/365... if my cell signal is weak but I have a decent Wi-Fi signal (like at home where my cell service is in a bit of a dead zone), my phone just automatically routes the call over Wi-Fi instead.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Just wanted to clarify, if you set up Wi-Fi Calling on your cell phone before your trip, you can text/call as usual when connected to the ship's internet. 

I keep my Wi-Fi Calling turned on 24/7/365... if my cell signal is weak but I have a decent Wi-Fi signal (like at home where my cell service is in a bit of a dead zone), my phone just automatically routes the call over Wi-Fi instead.  

Good to know.  My carrier doesn't support wifi calling so I didn't know that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished watching a brilliant show on Netflix with a great international cast.

1899 is the name. I highly recommend it .After episode 1 I was sure that I figured out its mystery .I was totally wrong.It is 8 episodes.

We started watching it on Friday.  Have watched two episodes already.  A lot of symbols keep popping up, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We started watching it on Friday.  Have watched two episodes already.  A lot of symbols keep popping up, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

I watched 6 episodes last night and the last two today.There is a Making of the series that appears after the last episode which I found to be very interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Agree, this has worked for us as well.  One suggestion is to set it up and test before sailing.  Put phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi, should be good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Great itinerary! Curacao is my favorite.

Have you ever considered the Anthem, considering it is in driving proximity to you? Just curious.
And the Sorrento's on the Anthem is the best in the fleet, I promise (among the Sorrentos I have tried on Royal ships). LOL!🤣🤣Is that incentive enough?🤣🤣 😛

I love the Sorrentos on the Anthem.😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I actually googled Catskills, to make sure I spelled it right. That is where I saw upstate NY.  Our high school was in South Jersey............So I doubt really at that time we really would go that far to Upstate NY anyway. 

I see now it's actually between NYC and Albany, so you are correct that really wouldn't be upstate.

Now the high school I went to now has Senior Class trips in Disney in Florida.........I was born to early I guess to go that far for a trip.

The Catskills is Upstate. I have a daughter who lives in Delaware County parallel to the Catskills and that is definitely upstate.

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I see what you're doing there.  Trying to pull me into an argument about what is considered upstate.  Not taking the bait.  Nope. 😁

Kind of like the arguments about whether you are from South Jersey, or Central Jersey.  Just sayin...😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1