Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A short walk from the ship brings you to a lovely shopping area with a pool and sunbeds in the centre.

Swimming with the dolphins is next to the shopping area in a small pool area.

I think that this is what we will do. Except for the dolphin part.  Thank you.  It helps to hear about it from people I trust.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A pool without a Bar!    Oh No.  🤣

Well, Little Miss HBE4 made the trip with me and 2 of her Ranger fan friends that live in Florida met us there.

The 3 of them were all to happy to run down to Lobby Bar for me, especially since they were charging their drinks to my room. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Not a fun day , have infection from dental surgery, I am on a new medicine that requires no drinking for the ten days I need to take it 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

I will have to make that up during next months cruise . 

I hope it clears up in time for your cruise.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Momof3gurlzThanks for sharing your thoughts on NCL.  I have only done one NCL cruise and I hate that beverage package that is one of the "Free" choices.  They require all in the same cabin to get the same free options, so I had no choice but to get that beverage package and then pay the $200+ gratuity for the "free" choice.  It was a girls cruise for my Mom's 80th, so I had to go with what the group was doing.  I would have been fine with it if I could get bottled water or soda but those weren't included. 🙄

So NCL will include a drink that might cost them $1.50 but not water or soda that probably cost them a few cents. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have done 3 NCL cruises. Those cruises were mostly positive. Loved the Waterfront area.

We are also big fans of JVD. We did a Royal excursion to JVD. Hope to get back there.

Thanks for your feedback, @Momof3gurlz

I have posted this pic before.... taken on our way to JVD.

And here is to Kenny Chesney.  Look up his song It's That Time Of Day - Adios To Jost! 

765658594_666-EnroutetoJostVanDykeBVI.thumb.JPG.707a04a5685e54d14bd29d06404cab87.JPG.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Have done 3 NCL cruises. Those cruises were mostly positive. Loved the Waterfront area.

We are also big fans of JVD. We did a Royal excursion to JVD. Hope to get back there.

Thanks for your feedback, @Momof3gurlz

I have posted this pic before.... taken on our way to JVD.

And here is to Kenny Chesney.  Look up his song It's That Time Of Day - Adios To Jost! 

765658594_666-EnroutetoJostVanDykeBVI.thumb.JPG.707a04a5685e54d14bd29d06404cab87.JPG.

Great pic and I don't have to look up the KC song, I know his music well. 🎶🙂

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So NCL will include a drink that might cost them $1.50 but not water or soda that probably cost them a few cents. 😏

You’ve got it.  I received my post cruise survey today. Can’t wait to tell them to look at our account and note that every rum & coke purchased resulted in the rum on the side being wasted.  Why not just let him have the soda package instead, we weren’t asking for money back.  Dumb business decision that’s hurting them more than the customer.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We've been on a couple of NCL ships over the years, and I agree...Breakaway was not a favorite of ours, personnel not the best, food not so great, etc.  that was the last time we were on NCL, several years ago.

We were on the Gem three times and the Breakaway once.We also did not care for that ship.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Watching BD. I can not stand Alissa. She should get the heck off the show. 

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Alissa is so full of it!!!!

31 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Alissa is on WWHL with Kyle tonight.

I was on Alissa’s side during the whole Camille drama but she’s really showing what a narcissistic, selfish person she is now (or maybe I’m just realizing it now). And Ross is just a slimeball.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is where my daughter found her new kitten Roo this morning.  I think Roo will be a bit of a challenge for her.  😁

IMG_6052.thumb.JPEG.22cbf5ce26b54127b763b6efd9c66848.JPEG

What is that on top of the fridge?!  Maybe Roo went up to check it out.  And yes, kittens/cats can effortlessly jump tall buildings in a single bound.  😊

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I was on Alissa’s side during the whole Camille drama but she’s really showing what a narcissistic, selfish person she is now (or maybe I’m just realizing it now). And Ross is just a slimeball.

It is very interesting that Sandy is so down on Fraser yet any interview you see with Lee, he praises Fraser constantly.

• Like 4

Hello @Momof3gurlz,

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your NCL sailing more.  I am a little confused about the issue your husband had with the Free at Sea beverage package where he wasn't able to just order a soda without the rum.  I was on the NCL Sky in early January and was able to order fountain Coke with the package.  I know water was not included, nor were canned sodas, but I had 3 - 4 cokes every day.  I wonder if this is a recent change to the package?  If so, that doesn't seem very customer friendly.  

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is very interesting that Sandy is so down on Fraser yet any interview you see with Lee, he praises Fraser constantly.

I was thinking that too. I’m beginning to think there’s no love lost between the two captains. I know Lee wasn’t happy at all when Sandy fired Camille without running it by him first.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

What is that on top of the fridge?!  Maybe Roo went up to check it out.  And yes, kittens/cats can effortlessly jump tall buildings in a single bound.  😊

My first cat joebob was very athletic he was jumped to top of fridge , our current Joebob a ragdoll struggles to jump two feet, wife had to get him stairs to get on the bed.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not ever used them nor do I have any opinions from friends that I could offer you. 

I have flown Frontier a couple of times.  They are a pretty good low frills airline.  They don’t fly from my home airport so, I don’t think of them often.  They were flying out of Branson airport (currently out of NW Arkansas (Bentonville)) and I used them for a flight to Denver, once you get there you can go pretty much wherever they go, and we flew on to Las Vegas.  I like the planes, as they have animals on the tail.  😂

They are fine, better than Allegiant, because they might do a flight or two every day instead of 2 times a week.  

I have been getting alerts that they are selling unlimited flights this summer for $399.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A short walk from the ship brings you to a lovely shopping area with a pool and sunbeds in the centre.

Swimming with the dolphins is next to the shopping area in a small pool area.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think that this is what we will do. Except for the dolphin part.  Thank you.  It helps to hear about it from people I trust.

Glad to hear you won't be doing the dolphins, at least -- it's so cruel to the dolphins, the way they are treated.

As for the pool in the port, I've never understood the attraction.... there are pools with free food on the ship!!!  Same with the Margaritaville pool in Falmouth.... why pay money (by buying food/drinks) to go use a pool when you have a free pool on board?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have flown Frontier a couple of times.  They are a pretty good low frills airline.  They don’t fly from my home airport so, I don’t think of them often.  They were flying out of Branson airport (currently out of NW Arkansas (Bentonville)) and I used them for a flight to Denver, once you get there you can go pretty much wherever they go, and we flew on to Las Vegas.  I like the planes, as they have animals on the tail.  😂

They are fine, better than Allegiant, because they might do a flight or two every day instead of 2 times a week.  

I have been getting alerts that they are selling unlimited flights this summer for $399.  

We flew with them about nine or ten years ago, because we could get a direct flight from Cleveland to San Francisco for around $100.  What I remember about them was their seats were very hard, didn’t recline, and they had less space between your seat and the one in front.  

It seems like anywhere we would want to fly now had extremely long layovers.  I know you can pay extra for those couple of reclining seats in the first couple rows, but they are comparable to a regular seat on a SW aircraft.  Once you add in seat selection fees, carry on fees, bag fees, costs for a soda or a snack, etc., I am not sure you are saving much at all.

21 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie.  Yeah..she realized after the fact that she hadn't opened the cabinet in the kitchen.  She also began to let her faucet drip after she got it defrosted.  Interesting and brilliant suggestion about the light bulbs and/or droplight to give off heat.  I will definitely pass these suggestions on to all of my daughters!🥰

Living in Michigan my whole life, I know all the tricks!

And if the power goes out, putting a candle in a metal/glass baking dish (and removing any flammable objects) will work in the cabinet under each sink, too.  Back in the day, we used to use coffee cans for that, but coffee cans are plastic these days!!!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Same with the Margaritaville pool in Falmouth.... why pay money (by buying food/drinks) to go use a pool when you have a free pool on board?

I guess count me as one of those who like the pool at Margaritaville in Falmouth, but only because I like the Cuban sandwich there.  

The last time we were there, we were sitting in the margarita glass shaped hot tub, when my wife looked down and saw some money on the ground under it.  $150!!!

So I climbed out and went down to retrieve it.  I thought, dang, this will pay for all our food and drink today. Then I got the bill for something like $14,000.

A0DC8E71-DA17-449C-9653-9E55B6291D22.thumb.jpeg.27609ce39ab35c8958ee65ac5ddb026f.jpeg

I guess their $150 doesn’t go as far as ours. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 8