Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Been snowing since 1 am.  Mostly light snow so only about 3-5 inches but intensity has picked up. Forecasters say to expect another 3-5 before its over @ 8:00 pm. 

Very wet & heavy.  Snow blower is going to get a good workout!  So far March has been the most wintery month this winter. 

20230314_134010.thumb.jpg.27e3924a880d99a79113c63f8abd60e2.jpg

Beautiful photo.    How does Leonard feel about this?   Does he want to go outside and check it out or say "forget it" and curl back up for a warm nap?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in SE PA we had heavy rain for a couple hours last night.  Woke up to chilly winds.  Expecting wind gusts up to 50 mph with snow showers today.  Our expected cumulation is only 1 to 2 inches of snow.   

I'm taking my snow boots to work just incase the weather people are wrong.  Rarely are wrong🙃

It has been snowing here non stop for the past 3 hours but it is too warm to stick to the ground.It is not even sticking to the grasss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Been snowing since 1 am.  Mostly light snow so only about 3-5 inches but intensity has picked up. Forecasters say to expect another 3-5 before its over @ 8:00 pm. 

Very wet & heavy.  Snow blower is going to get a good workout!  So far March has been the most wintery month this winter. 

20230314_134010.thumb.jpg.27e3924a880d99a79113c63f8abd60e2.jpg

Is Leonard enjoying the snow ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATG said:

Our forecast for tomorrow morning is 26 to 28.  This could be very harmful to the peach trees that bloomed last week.  Our South Carolina peaches are very good,  I hope the crop isn’t ruined.

I have a couple of peach trees in our back yard here is southwest Virginia. Not holding on to much hope they will survive this cold weather in less I maybe go out and turn the sprinklers on all night to keep them from freezing, not sure what to do.

I'm thinking no harvest this year, this would have been the first year they might bear some fruit but probably not now.

They were planted March of 2021.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photo.    How does Leonard feel about this?   Does he want to go outside and check it out or say "forget it" and curl back up for a warm nap?

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is Leonard enjoying the snow ?

Well, he did want to check it out. Not sure if it was the snow or the birds sheltering in the bushes near the patio. He kinda paced back and forth, hugging the house (right side of photo) where the snow had not yet accumulated until he could find a narrow strip of snow that he could leap over to get to the bushes where the birds were (center & right side of photo). No snow under those busheds either so he just paced back and forth for awhile while the birds just fluttered away, After a bit, l he retraced his steps back to the slider on the right.

He touched the snow once with his paw. Not a fan. LOL. Came back inside & curled up at my feet. 

BTW, you can see how heavy the snow is. The branches are weighted down and the Rose-a-Sharon tree was split from the weight of the snow.

Snow.thumb.jpg.c514c16eefc4818e4b9879bd8ad6d7b4.jpg

• Like 14

So this evening I went out with one group of my girlfriends (we were all relocated to Brussels at the same time in the eighties...).

Besides enjoying an evening out, the aim was to "change the atmosphere" for one of our friends, who started chemo not long ago, and it was the first time she went out with "false hair" (on my right).

image.thumb.jpeg.21e4b21e11289f57472b3ceddad1bc79.jpeg

I admire her for being so upbeat and optimistic.

And here in better times, on a cruise to the Canaries (2015, Anthem), with our guide in Lisbon and her DH.image.thumb.jpeg.f85c5542a42afc0fe2e5654c1fa2323f.jpeg

• Like 25

5 hours ago, George C said:

We normally look at sky suites for celebrity vs grand suites for rccl , celebrity normally bundles WiFi and drink package into its price , last year the better deal was celebrity by far for this November rccl had a way better price on harmony.

Have a great cruise!
Suite pictures are WOW!
What ship and itinerary?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Besides enjoying an evening out, the aim was to "change the atmosphere" for one of our friends, who started chemo not long ago, and it was the first time she went out with "false hair" (on my right).

That is nice that you could all get together for a change in atmosphere for your friend.  I pray that she has a good outcome from her treatments. 

You all look great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great cruise!
Suite pictures are WOW!
What ship and itinerary?

We are on celebrity summit leaving from Miami, with ports Pueto Plata, San Juan, St Croix , but there is a good chance I will not get off the ship since there is live music and interviews all day and unfortunately I am taking antibiotics that instruct me to stay out of the sun. There is a small beach bar a short walk from pier in St Croix which we may visit , after about 60 Caribbean cruises it doesn’t upset me to miss a few. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Well, he did want to check it out. Not sure if it was the snow or the birds sheltering in the bushes near the patio. He kinda paced back and forth, hugging the house (right side of photo) where the snow had not yet accumulated until he could find a narrow strip of snow that he could leap over to get to the bushes where the birds were (center & right side of photo). No snow under those busheds either so he just paced back and forth for awhile while the birds just fluttered away, After a bit, l he retraced his steps back to the slider on the right.

He touched the snow once with his paw. Not a fan. LOL. Came back inside & curled up at my feet. 

BTW, you can see how heavy the snow is. The branches are weighted down and the Rose-a-Sharon tree was split from the weight of the snow.

Snow.thumb.jpg.c514c16eefc4818e4b9879bd8ad6d7b4.jpg

My little girl cat, Eva, loves to go out in the snow but only the fluffy kind.    She doesn't care for the wet snow. 

Sparky wants nothing to do with it - he'll do the same thing as Leonard and walk along the clear path closest to the house, put a foot in snow to go further then wants right back in the house 

The latest cat we rescued (yes we have three now) Petey has not yet been outside.   He is still very much a kitten and I am not sure I would trust him outside.   He needs to calm down a little as I can see him running all over the place and I am not chasing a cat in this cold windy day.   We will wait until Spring to bring him out on the patio.   

• Like 8

So this evening I went out with one group of my girlfriends (we were all relocated to Brussels at the same time in the eighties...).

And here in better times, on a cruise to the Canaries (2015, Anthem), with our guide in Lisbon and her DH.image.thumb.jpeg.f85c5542a42afc0fe2e5654c1fa2323f.jpeg

Everyone looks beautiful.     That's great you still all get together after all these years. 

Positive attitude when battling anything life throws at us makes all the difference.    I wish her the best😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Besides enjoying an evening out, the aim was to "change the atmosphere" for one of our friends, who started chemo not long ago, and it was the first time she went out with "false hair"

That was thoughtful of you and friends.   A bet she was thankful for the time out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Best of luck to your friend Dani.  A positive attitude is hugely important, and good friends are a big part of that.

Keep calm and kick cancer's ass - Greeting Card, 6 x 6 inches, single  (gc_157443_5)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We are on celebrity summit leaving from Miami, with ports Pueto Plata, San Juan, St Croix , but there is a good chance I will not get off the ship since there is live music and interviews all day and unfortunately I am taking antibiotics that instruct me to stay out of the sun. There is a small beach bar a short walk from pier in St Croix which we may visit , after about 60 Caribbean cruises it doesn’t upset me to miss a few. 

We will be on the Summit June 4 to Bermuda. Love that ship and that port.
 We will be going on the Jewel OTS this Friday and have San Juan and St Croix as two of the 5 ports. Only half day in St Croix so will probably venture to the beach that we can see from the pier...Paradise beach I think. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 5

Is it just me?

Noticed this pic yesterday of Kenzie taken just last Summer. 

2022_152108.thumb.jpg.65bd7ca71b14bbee0067c9ab6fb3980e.jpg

And this is from yesterday.   She looks to me like she is growing up so fast.  I love how her hair grows longer on the sides than the front. 

1_104725.thumb.jpg.58b9f6ec24b5e5e46d1a5b8af881d0d8.jpg

Kenzie came over today and as always headed straight to see how Finnley was doing. 

2finnley_130546.thumb.jpg.a0f811ee35d54c60c59e7a48722df951.jpg

3_133657.thumb.jpg.25bad0f2e4293d15e2997f83b07dc837.jpg

Then she wanted me to play with a balloon.   She would run up and throw it at me. 

4b_134034.thumb.jpg.50fc5682d0efbeaf7ebb850f7b0b94b1.jpg

4b_134028.thumb.jpg.805b314f305319bbcc7494de72336d0f.jpg

It's always fun to have Grandkids over!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2