Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Do you plan to go to Spam Jam today?

Yes!  Going to Spam Jam later, after I catch up on this thread.  It starts at 4:00 PM.  And, please know that I will continue to keep you, family and your daughter in my prayers. 

On 4/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, QueSeraSera said:

Wow, you all a wonderful group!

Caring for one another with grace and love.  Learning names.  Great thread.

Late to the party (as always it seems) and grateful for your positive comments, I've found I just can't keep up.  I'm a bit jealous, but think my presence just dilutes the beauty that you all have.

My best regards to all, I'll sign off, and leave a song that I just apply to myself but hope you enjoy as well.  I can still observe 😌

Warren, please don’t quit.  I think many of us always have a hard time keeping up and falling behind on this thread.  It moves faster than a speeding bullet.  There could be so many topics and conversations going on at once.  Just browse through and if a certain topic doesn’t interest you, just keep scrolling and speed read.  

Besides, when I see QueSeraSera, I always start singing  that song in my head and can’t get it out of my head.  What will be, will be.  Loved the song and Doris Day.

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The world would be a boring place if everyone thought like I do (although certainly better 😁).  Since I'm quoting famous people...

"To each his own..."  - Shakespeare in Macbeth

I’m a perfectionist, too, Bob.  We’ve had offers of free Shutterfly Photo Books and you just pay for shipping.  DH did one and on the second one, he asked if I wanted to do it.  I said No because there are too many photos to choose from and it’s hard to pick just so many pictures.  And I would want to do everything just right and it would be a time consuming task for me that I would rather not get into.  So he made the second book himself.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got back from Atlantic City, celebrating our 52nd Anniversary.  With what we lost it would have been cheaper to go to Disney😳

Happy 52nd Anniversary!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So grateful to be back in the “civilization” 😁 and rather normal weather…

I think the Moroccan government needs to create jobs… security check when entering the airport, then the regular one, several stops where they check again boarding passes (the ones we printed ahead was not good enough, had to wait in line more than an hour to be issued the new ones, takes the fun of traveling with carry ons…) and passport stamps.

Madrid airport is HUGE, with several terminals and very busy. The line to taxis was similar to one of the most popular Disney attraction… but very organized and regulated.

We finally made it to our amazing hotel, and first impression of Madrid — exactly my kind of city. We spent the late afternoon becoming acquainted with the “neighborhood” and at 10pm the streets, restaurants and cafes were full of people.

@Ozark_Kid John & co., @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen & Marty, @Ourusualbeach Ken & Toby — enjoy 😊 

@DaniDanielle Marietta & Charlie, heartfelt wishes for your 52th anniversary 🌹🥂

Dani, finally made it to Madrid where you feel good and comfortable being there.  Have a fantastic time!  You deserve it after so many attempts of trying to have a nice vacation.

@CruiszBug Denny and her gang will be with us also.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo your meals look superb too.  Is that a memorial garden in one of your photos?  I assume the fencing is for the deer?

Yes, the Memorial Garden is the one with 2 peach trees inside the fencing. Yes we have lots of deer that roam into our yard over night.

The White Birdhouse is where our real property line is.

20230429_200947.jpg

20230429_201005.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got back from Atlantic City, celebrating our 52nd Anniversary.  With what we lost it would have been cheaper to go to Disney😳

@Luckynana When some of our doctors didn’t accept our insurance we paid them a fee for service.  At least hospitals and prescriptions were covered.

To you and Charlie

image.png.5d5a0b9944c2c82f0fc0de90fbcc55c9.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is a picture of my middle daughter Susan's middle daughter (she & her wonderful husband have 3 girls) with an unknown young gentleman.  Susan is the only child of my 6 (1 stepchild) to move out of Virginia to the MidWest where this was taken.  It's a year out of date and as @Ozark_Kid & I expect all of you know, kids change so fast at this age.  Still, I'm keeping this pic around, and wondering if I should see what Shutterfly has to offer (thanks to all of you).

image.thumb.jpeg.24adc552df510359b1bc72f8332a4cc6.jpeg

• Like 26

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And now for something lighter.  Found this was still on the ironing board.  Anyone know how to iron one?  Asking for a friend. 

IMG_7062.thumb.jpeg.cb39c219b65f94d774572462116a80f9.jpeg

I don't think they need ironing. Just towel dry, fluff and go. I'd check the label tho to be sure. Some can be fussy.

• Haha 14

I am retiring in 2 months.  I have several goals and one is to go through 45 years of pictures and make each kid a photo book and maybe several more of vacations and cruises.  Scanning In pictures seems like it will be a lot of work but I want to do this project for my kids.  It will mean a new desk top. Right now all those photos are in a giant tub. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know how young families can afford Disney.  Tickets alone for 2 or 3 days for a family of 4 can be outrageous.  Throw in a hotel and possibly airline tix and you're talking about an expensive proposition.  I have a friend who's 30 year old daughter and husband are Disney freaks.  They live in St. Augustine, about 2 hours away, and have had annual Florida resident passes for several years.  Several times a year, they'll drive down for a day.  They said this will be their last year because it has become so expensive.  

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our 3 kids and their families all went with us in January.   Expensive yes!   I think, hope, it will be awhile until we all go again. 

We had annual passes but did not renew them about 2 years ago.  Now there is no option to get them.  It was neat to have them during the restart with very few people there.  Our cruise friends are still renewing them.  They go several times a year. 

I’ve mentioned previously we are one of those families who goes to Disney regularly. We have timeshare on Disney property that allows us to bring our whole family to stay in a large family sized unit every other year, plus a stay or two for just the two of us each year.  The girls also do Disney trips every year with their own families.  We all have annual passes and they are expensive but worth it if you go more than once a year, which obviously we do.  

• Like 10

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Luckynana When some of our doctors didn’t accept our insurance we paid them a fee for service.  At least hospitals and prescriptions were covered.

Happy Anniversary Marietta & Charlie!

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A couple of friends over on this stormy afternoon. Spending it with guitars, piano, making some music, and this....  

20230429_133153.thumb.jpg.a0746fdea7b04e58d2553534a2d9eef0.jpg

This sounds like a great way to spend a rainy Saturday.  How do you make the Kracken Alexander?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So grateful to be back in the “civilization” 😁 and rather normal weather…

I think the Moroccan government needs to create jobs… security check when entering the airport, then the regular one, several stops where they check again boarding passes (the ones we printed ahead was not good enough, had to wait in line more than an hour to be issued the new ones, takes the fun of traveling with carry ons…) and passport stamps.

Madrid airport is HUGE, with several terminals and very busy. The line to taxis was similar to one of the most popular Disney attraction… but very organized and regulated.

We finally made it to our amazing hotel, and first impression of Madrid — exactly my kind of city. We spent the late afternoon becoming acquainted with the “neighborhood” and at 10pm the streets, restaurants and cafes were full of people.

@Ozark_Kid John & co., @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen & Marty, @Ourusualbeach Ken & Toby — enjoy 😊 

@DaniDanielle Marietta & Charlie, heartfelt wishes for your 52th anniversary 🌹🥂

I’m glad you have great accommodations in Madrid. Enjoy your time there and I look forward to a full trip summary once you return home.  

• Thanks 1

Spotted Quantum of the Seas sailing away yesterday right before sunset.

31323807-DC3A-4D11-81F9-19F6AAC71F0D.thumb.jpeg.e2dafa681811feb38cd6415000341570.jpeg

Sat for awhile at the bar to listen to this group. They are a regular here. This photo is for @Ocean Boy. The guitarist is singing the song “Landslide”.  He’s not Stevie Nicks but still did a good job.

15B9D07D-E39F-4BCF-8DDD-9F0AC4461AA5.thumb.jpeg.3cb4dc660ae4ddb6fe02f3ba36892aeb.jpeg

This one is for @grapau27 as this reminds me of fish & chips even though it’s going to be fish tacos with all the guacamole, sour cream and slaw put on it.  This is from the farmers market this morning.  Alfredo, the chef here makes great food.  On Wednesday’s farmers market, he makes Italian food.  Pictures later on that.

7D20A745-6A29-4A94-8CAE-9C62E9C84CB4.thumb.jpeg.736294a5bedd5c1504a51410c551fd0e.jpeg

It’s how it’s made. 

3F7532BA-F4EE-4316-B454-0E38ACFB978A.thumb.jpeg.6838e3d2cbea842d238dc08d0206faa1.jpeg

• Like 19

I am firmly convinced the National Park Service is trying to kill me.  A couple of years ago we were in The Black hills and decided to hike to a waterfall.  I love waterfalls.  The sign said 1 mile walk.  No problem I can walk a mile.  At least a mile and a half later we made it to the falls.  I was younger and in better shape so it was just annoying that the hike was longer then advertised.  Today we are killing time until it is time to check into our hotel.  Driving along the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  We see  a waterfall sign.  1.7 miles.  I can do that.  Well to the falls was probably 3 miles all down hill, with rocks to climb over and slippery muddy places.  Saw the falls and everyone told us the other path back to the cars was not as steep, slippery, or rocky.  It must have been 5 miles mostly uphill.  At one point I told my husband to go ahead and find help.  Just about then another couple came by and said it wasn't much further so I kept walking and finally made it.  Besides being much longer then advertised no where did it say old, over weight, out of shape women should not attempt.  Sigh.  I do love waterfalls but from now on if I can't see them from the road I will not hike to them.

Resized_20230429_144226.thumb.jpeg.673090c5283df32985ef78ec6aa3c05c.jpeg

• Like 27

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Marietta, wishing you and Charlie a wonderful 52nd Anniversary!  Here's to more laughter, love and good health for many, many years to come.

Adding my congratulations and best wishes for your 52nd Anniversary.  🎉🎉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Spotted Quantum of the Seas sailing away yesterday right before sunset.

31323807-DC3A-4D11-81F9-19F6AAC71F0D.thumb.jpeg.e2dafa681811feb38cd6415000341570.jpeg

Sat for awhile at the bar to listen to this group. They are a regular here. This photo is for @Ocean Boy. The guitarist is singing the song “Landslide”.  He’s not Stevie Nicks but still did a good job.

15B9D07D-E39F-4BCF-8DDD-9F0AC4461AA5.thumb.jpeg.3cb4dc660ae4ddb6fe02f3ba36892aeb.jpeg

This one is for @grapau27 as this reminds me of fish & chips even though it’s going to be fish tacos with all the guacamole, sour cream and slaw put on it.  This is from the farmers market this morning.  Alfredo, the chef here makes great food.  On Wednesday’s farmers market, he makes Italian food.  Pictures later on that.

7D20A745-6A29-4A94-8CAE-9C62E9C84CB4.thumb.jpeg.736294a5bedd5c1504a51410c551fd0e.jpeg

It’s how it’s made. 

3F7532BA-F4EE-4316-B454-0E38ACFB978A.thumb.jpeg.6838e3d2cbea842d238dc08d0206faa1.jpeg

Nice photos.  Love Landslide, no matter who sings it, even though I am a big Stevie Nicks fan.  Never seen purple tacos before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I am firmly convinced the National Park Service is trying to kill me.  A couple of years ago we were in The Black hills and decided to hike to a waterfall.  I love waterfalls.  The sign said 1 mile walk.  No problem I can walk a mile.  At least a mile and a half later we made it to the falls.  I was younger and in better shape so it was just annoying that the hike was longer then advertised.  Today we are killing time until it is time to check into our hotel.  Driving along the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  We see  a waterfall sign.  1.7 miles.  I can do that.  Well to the falls was probably 3 miles all down hill, with rocks to climb over and slippery muddy places.  Saw the falls and everyone told us the other path back to the cars was not as steep, slippery, or rocky.  It must have been 5 miles mostly uphill.  At one point I told my husband to go ahead and find help.  Just about then another couple came by and said it wasn't much further so I kept walking and finally made it.  Besides being much longer then advertised no where did it say old, over weight, out of shape women should not attempt.  Sigh.  I do love waterfalls but from now on if I can't see them from the road I will not hike to them.

This is why I love Alltrails and other reviews of any trails - so you know what you are in for.  Be proud of yourself for getting there and back.  You did well and it’s is a lovely waterfall

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

This is a picture of my middle daughter Susan's middle daughter (she & her wonderful husband have 3 girls) with an unknown young gentleman.  Susan is the only child of my 6 (1 stepchild) to move out of Virginia to the MidWest where this was taken.  It's a year out of date and as @Ozark_Kid & I expect all of you know, kids change so fast at this age.  Still, I'm keeping this pic around, and wondering if I should see what Shutterfly has to offer (thanks to all of you).

image.thumb.jpeg.24adc552df510359b1bc72f8332a4cc6.jpeg

She’s a cutie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

The rainforest bridges in Costa Rica almost killed me. They took us to the top of a mountain with a guide and we walked some number of miles downhill. I just about died. The lodge was in sight, and I said, I don't think I can make it anymore. When we got to the bottom, I drank more water. Our driver was so concerned, he had me sit in the front seat of the van and directed the air vents at my face. Like you, I am no longer a hiker. Beautiful photo though! ☺️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:And we have finally found a reliable and somewhat of a perfectionist painter. we will be using him for more projects. 

Patti, isn’t that a great feeling!  I too have found an excellent painter, and fortunately he is young enough I don’t think I have to worry about a replacement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You can see it anytime on you tube.  I just saw it again for the bajillionth time a few days ago.  Still makes me laugh.

@dani negreanu Dani, have a fabulous time with DH in Madrid.

@George C  Is your kitchen finished?  Did I miss final pictures?  Hope everything turned out the way you wanted.

Kitchen will be done early next week, hopefully. Will post pre and post pictures when done . I definitely do not want another remodel on my life .

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Patti, isn’t that a great feeling!  I too have found an excellent painter, and fortunately he is young enough I don’t think I have to worry about a replacement.

It is Pat! It is so nice to find a person you can count on! ☺️ There are 3 more bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and the exterior to paint, and he is actually excited about the work.  

• Like 3