Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fabulous!    I am sure it was a lot of paperwork but well worth it in the end and Most importantly Jim was able to get the proper care he needed.     Good Job!    I will have to remember the name of that travel ins.  😃

It was a lot of paperwork, but as you said, it was well worth it in the end.  I forgot to add that the ship doctor and infirmary was also covered.  Of course, if we'd only gone to the one hospital, as opposed to both hospitals, it would've been somewhat easier with less paperwork, etc.  Our next 2 cruises are also insured through Steve.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are any family members working at Terrace Tavern this summer?  Maybe you can stop there for a bite to eat before your show.    Food is really good there.   

No, but I will certainly look into it!  Thank you for the suggestion!

29 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I love afternoon tea! My favorite is the tea at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, which I enjoyed many times since my grandparents lived in Memphis. Other favorite experiences were the Empress Hotel in Victoria and Harrod’s in London. 

My husband plans a tea date for us every year as my Christmas 

present for the last ten years. He usually alternates between a fancy hotel like the Adolphus and one with more country charm. Last year’s was at the Crescent in Dallas. This past year’s was at the Ashton in Fort Worth.

Crescent Hotel

IMG_9822.thumb.jpeg.f92dc8f271dd880c776b1f3c0b8f3234.jpeg

Edith’s Bistro

IMG_7935.thumb.jpeg.4659c9febf21bd57a357a21b5fd5f3cb.jpeg

Chocolate Angel

IMG_5875.thumb.jpeg.655d28ae952f62592f3635fc0c6082f5.jpeg

Dallas Arboretum

IMG_1601.thumb.jpeg.82069b1d6a19806a3b5e43ff44198ac2.jpeg

Lovely photos & such a wonderful yearly Christmas gift.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My favorite was at the Ritz in London as well...  It was a out 20th anniversary 10 years ago.

4-London(252).thumb.jpg.241969fc93d843fc559fff2c6e88bcd0.jpg

After that we went to the Globe theater for "Les Miserables".  It was the best of evenings.

IMAG0541.jpg

Lovely photo of you both & a wonderful Anniversary celebration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bingo.

So I just can't follow this.

What is tipping thread?

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Rare moment of sibling tolerance

Love this.  Should our (now) 3 pets ever present such an image of serenity, I will post it here 🙂

• Like 5

Oh, that kind of tipping.  I was off thinking on a book "the tipping point" by some author that now escapes me, but I did enjoy the book even if I've forgotten author, main point, etc.  🙂

Wish I knew how to represent "Oh" when it has 4 syllables! 

Tipping seems a never-ending quandary on our 1st experience cruise line's posts, makes me suspicious that our beloved cruise line company (and probably others) choose to keep it that way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

It was a lot of paperwork, but as you said, it was well worth it in the end.  I forgot to add that the ship doctor and infirmary was also covered.  Of course, if we'd only gone to the one hospital, as opposed to both hospitals, it would've been somewhat easier with less paperwork, etc.  Our next 2 cruises are also insured through Steve.

No, but I will certainly look into it!  Thank you for the suggestion!

We have several favorite restaurants on LBI.  If looking for any particular type of place I will be happy to make some suggestions. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am so tired of "locks" and "deletions". <SIGH>

What did I miss? 😁

Never mind,,,,just saw the other post that answered my question.

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Finally finished a project that has seemed to go on forever.  Now I can work on some sweaters I have been wanting to start.

Blockbuster.thumb.jpeg.d6b5918c7fa4549e051d4bf800a2e2eb.jpeg

Your work is stunning!  I zoomed in to study the different stitches and patterns.  I love the colors.  What type of yarn did you use?  (Not that I know anything about yarn, but this looks so soft and comfortable.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Your bio mom and your adoptive mom don’t know the treasure they lost, but your newfound “real” family knows and values you. 
Thank you for sharing the journey with us. 

Thank you for the kind words!  

Honestly, I don't know how I would have survived the past couple decades without the internet.  I have made lifelong friendships that are both "virtual" and "in real life" in a variety of different forums (not just CC) that go way beyond "friends" to the point of being family. 

Given that my actual family (other than my newfound biological father's family) never wanted me, the fact that I was able to find other people who loved and accepted me just the way I am -- not because they "had" to but rather because they actually WANTED to -- truly helped to heal my soul.  

Family is not about genetics and legalities, but simply about love.  Love conquers all!

• Like 20

So this is the problem with having to much time on your hands... I booked another cruise.  I just turned my Dec 10/23 Harmony cruise into a B2B... 

I was shopping for property and struck out so now I'm just roaming aimless through the NW.  

I guess a cruise is cheaper than what I was going to spend. 🤡

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

I think this little guy plans to join us on our South Pacific Cruise.  After a gloomy day, the sun is finally shining and it’s going to be a beautiful  sail away.B4083BDA-73BA-45D0-9B11-AE8EAC81A66A.thumb.jpeg.bc87842068dbcdceeef5074a9e253e76.jpeg

Interesting that having travel insurance for the South Pacific that covers Covid is mandatory but a verbal confirmation was only reqd at check in.  Same with negative RATS test.  Just verbal confirmation that your test was negative.  They didn’t ask to see the photo.

61DF9229-555F-4F04-BE21-B2EA19A9A03B.thumb.jpeg.59d6b27bf4999b440bf50a1e1a6a802a.jpeg

Whales were seen off Manly yesterday.  It’s the start of the season.  Going to keep my eyes peeled…

• Like 20

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I love afternoon tea! My favorite is the tea at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, which I enjoyed many times since my grandparents lived in Memphis. Other favorite experiences were the Empress Hotel in Victoria and Harrod’s in London. 

My husband plans a tea date for us every year as my Christmas 

present for the last ten years. He usually alternates between a fancy hotel like the Adolphus and one with more country charm. Last year’s was at the Crescent in Dallas. This past year’s was at the Ashton in Fort Worth.

Crescent Hotel

IMG_9822.thumb.jpeg.f92dc8f271dd880c776b1f3c0b8f3234.jpeg

Edith’s Bistro

IMG_7935.thumb.jpeg.4659c9febf21bd57a357a21b5fd5f3cb.jpeg

Chocolate Angel

IMG_5875.thumb.jpeg.655d28ae952f62592f3635fc0c6082f5.jpeg

Dallas Arboretum

IMG_1601.thumb.jpeg.82069b1d6a19806a3b5e43ff44198ac2.jpeg

Lovely photos.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 12:54 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Daughter surprised me with high tea at The Tea Rooms at the QVB in the city.  Neither of us had been before and it was just delightful.F51874ED-B6D6-4D62-AFB9-93BFAAAD1C63.thumb.png.5b6e226300b6a187e3b656cf5c63faf4.png

Daughter is a coffee drinker but she very much enjoyed her tea choice of Red Roses Infusion.

7E771877-720A-417E-86C8-6F754B070CEF.thumb.jpeg.74750fe87c75d01246c87e413cb51d28.jpeg

DS FaceTimed us and videod while he walked past deer and towards the lake whilst wishing me a Happy Mothers Day ❤️

75BCA367-4F96-48D0-AC88-50427095A4C9.thumb.png.8f14bae992d63e0f418802bcb019d6fd.png

Started with a mimosa & enjoyed all the food that was on offer.  Finished with my English Breakfast Tea.  Very nice & very filling.

6FB6BDD1-DE51-4797-9DCE-4218032A67E1.thumb.jpeg.72a79d754cb6b8fc2011e62948998027.jpeg

Wishing my American & Canadian friends who celebrate Mother’s Day a lovely day.  

For those who find Mother’s Day difficult please take care of yourselves. I know it can be a difficult day for a variety of reasons.

That seemed very nice.

I'm sharing a link to a hilarious YouTube video from the "letters Live at Royal Albert Hall" series.  This is a real letter, sent to the Empress Hotel in Victoria BC, Canada. The letter is read by Benedict Cumberbatch. Your mention of High Tea reminded me of this so I went off to find it and thought you might enjoy it.

@Tree_skier may have already heard of this...

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 7

I've only had 2 afternoon tea experiences.  The first was at The Athenaeum Hotel in London, just down the street from the Ritz.  We stayed there for a few days and thought that both the stay and the afternoon tea were excellent.  The second was at Bettys Cafe Tea Room in Harrogate.  Bettys was nice but felt a little bit more touristy than The Athenaeum.  I didn't think I'd enjoy afternoon tea and went only because Micheline wanted to go.  It was more enjoyable than I expected.

• Like 8

Yesterday’s meal at Shakespeare’s was very good.  Our granddaughter loved the castle, and wanted her picture taken everywhere. 

IMG_7246.thumb.jpeg.a4d2552c5dc23096cc3b8dec7bb7eefa.jpeg

I meant to take a closeup photo of the dragon door handles on the front gate, but forgot. 

IMG_3258.thumb.jpeg.1b6590757e5bd3e70647a14657bd53f7.jpeg

What is a castle without suits of armor. 

IMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.9916dde8eb66492fa29e6fed5a75e7f4.jpeg

I can’t believe how much food these kids can put away.  After a full meal, my grandson managed 9 desserts. This one wasn’t far behind, when she brought a dinner plate loaded with desserts.  

IMG_7266.thumb.jpeg.b4fd0ed4a5e48ea699377d09a454693d.jpeg

• Like 23