Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Rescue is definitely the way to go for dogs and cats .

just checked weather New York City will be in 70’s then was very surprised to see Buffalo will be in low 80’s . After seeing Dani cheesecake I will have to add that to the list of things to order in New York. 

Safe travels tomorrow, George.  Have a wonderful vacation in New York!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My Parkinson’s Support Group just ended.It is a zoom and open to people all over the US.A new person joined the group tioday.When a person joins the group they are asked to introduce themselves by name and to give a mini bio of themselves.

A person joined today.When he told us his name I immediately knew who he is .He is the person that the character from Seinfeld ,Cosmo Kramer is based on.

I know who Seinfeld's Kramer is based on also.  His last name is Kramer too.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend Al who I have known since I was 4 years old lives in Oregon.The last time I saw him was 16 years ago.He and I communicate by e-mail and phone.He is coming to NY this summer and will be visiting me .We will be celebrating my birthday which is a special number and our friendship.

Have a fabulous time celebrating your milestone birthday!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Graham, for the special wishes in Hebrew, and Bonnie, for "saving" me the "explanation". 

Arzeena, look what you're missing 😉

We celebrated "Shavuot" with our kids, grands and our in-laws (since their other 2 "kids" took the opportunity of the long WE and flew abroad).

Inaugurated our balcony for the season, and were lucky to find a very tasty water melon.

image.thumb.jpeg.16cf7466ce54822e5755d4e44a8f0e34.jpeg

I've baked a cheese cake, as is the tradition. It was a very pleasant and lovely evening, with the time flying by.

image.thumb.jpeg.c846dd46445229cdd06d05d1aace7000.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48d1d6cfdcb737a59e77eac5a789760d.jpeg

I love pictures from your "mirpeset" balcony.  Is there any way you can convert that delicious looking cheesecake recipe into US non metric standards?  When I lived in Israel, I remember the cheeses didn't have actual names just percentage of fat.  2%, 5%, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We’ve always gotten our cats at a shelter. For our Cavaliers we always get purebreds. Less health issues.

Definitely understand, we love Siamese and ragdoll and would consider one not from a shelter if none were available. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know who Seinfeld's Kramer is based on also.  His last name is Kramer too.

Have a fabulous time celebrating your milestone birthday!

I love pictures from your "mirpeset" balcony.  Is there any way you can convert that delicious looking cheesecake recipe into US non metric standards?  When I lived in Israel, I remember the cheeses didn't have actual names just percentage of fat.  2%, 5%, etc.

Kenny Kramer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I forgot to mention that we have a new addition to our family!  Lola arrived by van from Alabama this past Saturday morning!!  Lola is a 3 year old "Rescue dog".  She is 13 pounds, is a well mannered young lady with gray and black hair.  Her face, tail, and long legs are black, while the rest of her body is gray.  She has stolen all of our hearts!!  Her previous family had to give her up since she needs a lot of attention and affection.  She has certainly come to the right home, because she is so loved by us all!❤️

Congratulations on your new addition,Maryann.We never rescued dogs but we did rescue cats.

Priscilla and Elizabeth who both very much resembled H’s Leonard and Wivenhoe who was all white.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on your new addition,Maryann.We never rescued dogs but we did rescue cats.

Priscilla and Elizabeth who both very much resembled H’s Leonard and Wivenhoe who was all white.

Thank you, Lenny!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I haven't watched Survivor except for the 1st season.  Just googled it.  23 years ago.  YIKES  Richard Hatch won.   Spoiler alert😱

Oh great Ellen,  I was just getting to watch the Season 1 finally! 🙄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oh great Ellen,  I was just getting to watch the Season 1 finally! 🙄 

My wife tried out for survivor about 20 years ago , she is very athletic but doubt should survive all the meals she would have missed .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, George C said:

just checked weather New York City will be in 70’s then was very surprised to see Buffalo will be in low 80’s . After seeing Dani cheesecake I will have to add that to the list of things to order in New York. 

Have a very enjoyable time in NYC . My favorite place to visit. I’m envious! 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had the best 2 hour phone chat with my oldest and dearest friend last night.  We met in 3rd grade and never lost touch.  Through boyfriend heartaches, weddings, becoming moms, cancer treatments (hers), strokes (her husband), etc., etc., through all the years we've always been close if not physically than spiritually.  We're old school and never once emailed or texted.  Those would never do. Only phone calls for us.  

So last night we were transported back again to a more simpler time.  We often do that, remember all the good times and the closeness we still share. Oh, did we laugh!

She still lives in the neighborhood we both grew up in.

We were besties before Taylor Swift was born.

Call YOUR bestie today and relive the times you will, hopefully, always remember with smiles.

That is excellent that you both still connect by phone and are able to share and laugh about past and present events.

On a sad note, I lost my Bestie, Maureen, to breast cancer a few years ago.   I dearly miss her.  We met in kindergarten. 

We had the type of relationship where we could pick up the phone or see each other as if no time had lapsed between our meetings.   

Growing up in same neighborhood through high school we were known as the "kiddy hour" by some of the older boys because we were always giggling.   We giggled up till the day she passed.

I do not mean to turn your happy post into a sad one.   Just a thankful one for all the special people in our lives 💖

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You never know when some Turkey may just show up for dinner.  Saw this in my daughter’s neighborhood yesterday. 

IMG_7374.thumb.jpeg.0879fcb51f647c1194aa2ee4b8edf9bd.jpeg

It was cold enough we had a frost warning last night.  

Here's mine 

20230425_073306.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, h20skibum said:

Hey, @Sea Dog Greg.   I was looking at a bunch of the football cards my grandson has on display, and I thought you might like to see that he has this one. 

IMG_7379.thumb.jpeg.0a98b9b1dc7d2211c69ab05241992c81.jpeg

I love this! I will have have the honor of doing a speech inducting Lenny into our new KMBC-TV Hall of Fame ceremony for our 75th anniversary celebration this August. I miss him. He was an incredible human being and a pretty good football player as well. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love this! I will have have the honor of doing a speech inducting Lenny into our new KMBC-TV Hall of Fame ceremony for our 75th anniversary celebration this August. I miss him. He was an incredible human being and a pretty good football player as well. 

He has quite a few of the old time players in his Quarterback Corner.  I see his signed photo from Hines Ward found a place. 

IMG_7380.thumb.jpeg.1ed8ce243e7e9e5562f4d678f575a100.jpeg

I will have to let him know he should make sure he keeps those cards out of the sunlight.  I imagine a few of those are worth some $$$. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 4