Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Jim 🎉🥂💖   Happy Birthday to your daughter 🎂🎈

Thank you so much, April!🥰

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Maryann , happy anniversary to you and your husband.  Celebrate all week long! 

Thank you, Judy!  We'll be heading down the Shore with dear friends next week.  They've never been to a NJ Boardwalk before.   We'll also be surprising our 91 year old friend who's down in Avalon.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night Jim and I celebrated our 52nd Anniversary by having dinner at our local Japanese Restaurant.  We had such a lovely chat with a young mother and her two teenagers who shared the table with us, her son is 17 and her daughter is 13.  

Our daughter,  who was born on our 1st Anniversary, enjoyed her Birthday dinner in Paris (lucky girl).  Our daughter, SIL and 2 granddaughters have been in Paris visiting our grandson who has been taking Summer Classes in Paris this month.  

Maryann, let me add my best wishes to you and Jim for a super Happy Anniversary with many more wonderful, loving years to come and a very happy birthday to your daughter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night Jim and I celebrated our 52nd Anniversary by having dinner at our local Japanese Restaurant.  We had such a lovely chat with a young mother and her two teenagers who shared the table with us, her son is 17 and her daughter is 13.  

Our daughter,  who was born on our 1st Anniversary, enjoyed her Birthday dinner in Paris (lucky girl).  Our daughter, SIL and 2 granddaughters have been in Paris visiting our grandson who has been taking Summer Classes in Paris this month.  

Congratulations on your anniversary,Maryann.

• Thanks 1

This afternoon I was listening to a program on radio.The host of the show mentioned that whenever he watches a baseball game he always looks in the stands to see if he recognizes anyone.I do this as well but never did .

A few minutes ago I was watching the Mets and I saw a guy who I worked with and last saw 30 years ago.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Jim!  A Japanese restaurant sounds great.  And happy birthday to your daughter. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy 52nd wedding anniversary Maryann and Jim.

Happy 51st birthday to your lovely daughter.

anniversary-52-2.gif

51st-birthday-15.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So here is yesterday’s “odd situation” to add to the others on this Allure cruise so far. After waiting an hour in the My Time line at the MDR, which was packed due to formal night, we got all the way to the host stand only to have him loudly announce that the dining room was completely full. He said that everyone in line needed to leave and come back in an hour!!! I expected to wait a while, but I did not expect that! Never had that happen before and we always do My Time.

We kind of stood there for a minute trying to decide what to do, since we wouldn’t make our show time if we waited an hour to eat. When we mentioned this to the host, he magically found a table (weren’t they just 100% full???) and we were seated almost immediately. We were so confused about all of that and were asking each other “what just happened?!” SO WEIRD.

I wonder if they were short staffed and the waiters couldn’t keep up with serving, so they just said they were full?

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Why is this woman smiling, isn' t this a bad thing?

The-Waters-Meant.jpg

I guess no worries huh?

Hakuna-Matata.jpg

Different boats.

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy anniversary to you and Jim. May you have many more. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night Jim and I celebrated our 52nd Anniversary by having dinner at our local Japanese Restaurant.

Happy 52nd Anniversary, Maryann and Jim.  Wishing you many more.  And happy birthday to your daughter. 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, I took my grandson to Kennywood Amusement Park in Pittsburgh.  Susan is getting a little better, but is still testing positive, so we had to leave her behind. 

The weather was perfect for the park (upper 70’s to low 80’s).  They have a special going, with half price tickets, so we were expecting huge crowds.  

We had to muscle our way through the crowd at the entrance. 

IMG_8172.thumb.jpeg.1834aa5ee63484608e0b28eae1ad2174.jpeg

And just look at that crowd at one of the wooden coasters. 

IMG_8180.thumb.jpeg.8c3ecdeb95363a5e1e3658d2e3243d94.jpeg

By the time my grandson gets up the nerve to ride this one, I will probably be too old for it.  But just look at that crowd. 

IMG_8181.thumb.jpeg.59846f665f0c0afbb66deddef967b52b.jpeg

Well, the problem with there being almost no one in the park, was it was like a fast pass all day long.  We could walk on to any ride, get off and be on the next one to go. We did mainly the wooden coasters. 

IMG_8195.thumb.jpeg.41aaa7b6f3b9d45783fa2041dea79e26.jpeg

By the time we were ready to leave, we had rode 25 times on various rides.  

And I can confirm that after riding the Pittsburgh Plunge six times in a row, you will not find a dry spot on your body. 

Well, actually that would be after one time, but once you are soaked, it doesn’t matter. 

I think they got the sign right, because it was a good time.  

IMG_8198.thumb.jpeg.dcef9f35abf63ed9864be9173477d13b.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I heard on the news today that the temp in Rome (Italy) should hit 107°F. I can't imagine being a tourist there with that kind of heat.

With little to no AC.  We enjoyed having our windows open all night and hearing the howls of a cat in heat. 

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Nine years ago today we lost my mom to an awful accident.  She was 91 and in great shape, still driving and going to Atlantic City with us.  She, easily, would have made it to 100😢

So sorry to read this. 

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

He is feeling better, thanks.  Just tired.

Happy to read that he is on the mend. 

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I always wondered what the need for the helmet is on a zipline on a cruise ship is for?

Probably for the zip line landing zone, in case you hit the crew member, or the wall. 

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Maryann and Jim. Happy anniversary. 

❤️

+2 to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!💗

• Thanks 1

I haven't been here in several days and I've missed a lot.  I hope everyone is doing well, and hugs to those who need it. 

Micheline decided to fix her ongoing off and on back pain problem.  You may recall that she was flat on her back for a few days during our big trip last fall.  That was starting to happen more frequently, and she was being very careful (almost) every time that she bent and twisted.  She hit a great tee shot on the 6th hole a couple of weeks ago, and in her excitement, bent over quickly to pick up the tee.  Boom...done for the day (actually a few days).  No fun constantly being concerned if/when it might come back. 

Yesterday, she had L4/L5 microdiscectomy surgery.  I'm not a doctor, but this essentially removed the part of the herniated L4/L5 disc that was pressing on nerves and causing the problem.  She had a little more pain than expected after the surgery and some nausea issues coming out of general anesthesia but she's feeling better now.  She's able to walk around and any pain is being managed by Percocet (Oxycodone plus acetominophen).  That should hopefully only last a few more days.  If all goes according to plan, she can go back to regular physical activity (golf and working out) in a month...with a few weeks to spare before our daughter's wedding.  🤞

• Like 30

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I haven't been here in several days and I've missed a lot.  I hope everyone is doing well, and hugs to those who need it. 

Micheline decided to fix her ongoing off and on back pain problem.  You may recall that she was flat on her back for a few days during our big trip last fall.  That was starting to happen more frequently, and she was being very careful (almost) every time that she bent and twisted.  She hit a great tee shot on the 6th hole a couple of weeks ago, and in her excitement, bent over quickly to pick up the tee.  Boom...done for the day (actually a few days).  No fun constantly being concerned if/when it might come back. 

Yesterday, she had L4/L5 microdiscectomy surgery.  I'm not a doctor, but this essentially removed the part of the herniated L4/L5 disc that was pressing on nerves and causing the problem.  She had a little more pain than expected after the surgery and some nausea issues coming out of general anesthesia but she's feeling better now.  She's able to walk around and any pain is being managed by Percocet (Oxycodone plus acetominophen).  That should hopefully only last a few more days.  If all goes according to plan, she can go back to regular physical activity (golf and working out) in a month...with a few weeks to spare before our daughter's wedding.  🤞

Back pain is no fun.  I am so glad Micheline had the surgery and is feeling better already.  Not having to think about bending etc. will be so nice for her.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Beautiful Sunrise this Morning for my Wife Donna's Birthday. 🎂

20230719_063755.jpg

Wishing  your wife Donna a very happy birthday!

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hope Micheline starts to feel better and hoping for a quick recovery. Sounds like the issues my wife Linda has with her back. Right now she has it treated with nerve ablation. I think back surgery may be in future. Please keep updated on her progress as Linda is very interested in this.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Best wishes to her for a speedy and smooth recovery.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We were never booked on the Pacific Coastal Cruise like some were before the Panama Canal cruise back to Tampa from San Diego. We had just the Panama Canal Cruise which we canceled for the Greenland Cruise out of Bayonne, NJ.

So  since this will be our first cruise since Covid, we are going to ease back into cruising. Not super excursion packed cruise which is fine with us.

We got the Liberty Trust Hotel booked in Roanoke for one night on the 12th of September. It was a bank turned into a hotel, pretty neat. We booked this hotel because it is also just about a half block away from Train Platform in Roanoke. So it will be super easy getting on the train there.

On the 13th we will board the 6:20am Amtrak Train to Newark(Penn Station) in Newark. Arrival in Newark 3:00pm.

We have the TRYP by Wyndham Newark Downtown booked on the 13th, our cruise leaves the next day on the 14th.

First stop is Halifax, My Wife and I have a private 7  hour tour booked with a local tour guide.  He is an tour guide that the cruise lines use. But he can work for himself if he likes, he just tells the cruise lines he is not available.

Next port, Nuuk, Greenland, have an excursion booked through Royal.( Fiord Safari Boat Tour.)

Next port Qaqortoq, Greenland, another excursion booked through Roya l(Qaqortoq Town Walk)

Next Port Nanotalik, Greenland, Royal only has to tours listed for that port and both are Sold Out. (One is a walking tour and the other was a boat tour. Not really interested in any of those. So there we will just get of the ship and wing it.

We also hoping to see the Northern Lights on  one the nights in Greenland....... 🙂

Last Port is St. Johns , Newfoundland , there we will be doing a Royal excursion( St. Johns Highlights and Museum Tour).

Then at the end of the cruise, we will be renting a car and staying at our Son's house in Northern NJ for 1 night and another night we will visit my 2 Sisters and some other relatives and friends in South Jersey. 

We will then drive back home to Virginia on Saturday..........about a 7 hour drive.

That sounds fabulous.  Please let us know about the cruise and excursions when you get back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Beautiful Sunrise this Morning for my Wife Donna's Birthday. 🎂

20230719_063755.jpg

Happy birthday to Donna !  You live in a beautiful place . It is so green . 

I certainly want to hear about Greenland when you return. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hope that she does well post surgery.I had the procedure 13 years ago.

• Thanks 1