Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I want to send my best wishes to @Sea Dog for his surgery and recovery.

And to all who sent me best wishes for my cancer treatment and recovery, my grateful thanks.  This has been a summer that did not exist, with radiation 5 days a week for 7 weeks, weekly chemo and followup blood tests.

I did end up  with 2 day day stay at the local hospital to receive 2 units of blood when my hemoglobin levels became too low. 

Having the CC community express their well wishes is priceless. To all, again my thanks.

• Like 25

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends! I’m back and finally settled in to spend more time here. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back and read everything I’ve missed as I’m getting ready for knee replacement on Friday. If I’ve missed birthdays, special occasions, sickness, problems or accomplishments I’m sorry. Know that I care about all of you.

I want to thank all of you that took time to follow and post on my live review thread. I broke a new record for me with over 67,400 views and over 1.100 posts. I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

I will try and keep up after my surgery but as you know being drugged up with painkillers I will be doing a lot of sleeping. Or maybe not as I am being prescribed a portable connect pedal bike that sends data back to my surgeon. Medicare covers it and it will be delivered today. I am supposed to use at least 3-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes. Combine that with physical therapy 2-3 times a week I will be pretty busy. At least I should be ready for Beyond in April.

Cheer.

Take care Greg.

Wish you the fastest recovery.
Think "cruise" and all will be well.

Here is something to read about the Beyond while recuperating:

She is among you top notch review people .......an excellent reviewer and funny. Although she has started whining a lot lately about the butler!!!! 😁🤣

• Like 5

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We started watching the first few episodes of Bodies, then got pulled away from it when we saw that Bosch Legacy, Season 2 was released.  We just finished the first 6 episodes, but have to wait till Friday for the next two to be released.  The final two will be released on November 10th.

I am so used to seeing Titus Welliver playing Harry, that is who I see when I read the books.  I think they did good to cast him in that roll.

I think he actually cast himself .He is one of the Producers.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:22 PM, derorim said:

Cuteness overload!

Andy's sister, who's going through chemo, recently said she wanted to get a cat.  We got her this instead.  Maybe I should reconsider.  🙂  

image.thumb.jpeg.6ac1df82635b0e46645509f9c76bd8a8.jpeg

Wishing Andy’s sister the best.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:54 PM, singinalot said:

Thanks everyone! It's the best for both of us and I am doing great! (with occasional moments of not of course)

Sorry to hear about you and Nate, but glad to hear you’re doing great.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

We started watching a while ago but couldn't get into the first episode so didn't watch anymore. With all the recommendations we've given it another go and it does get better once you get to know the characters 

It's not for everyone but I like it because it's a very different & unique premise.  But sometime the time jumping does get a bit too much. With 4 different detectives with 4 different partners, bosses, colleagues and families, it's easy to lose track or keep names straight. At least twice an episode I have to pause and ask "wait, who's this again?" 

It's definitely a show that you need to pay attention to  & not have on as background noise while cooking or cleaning.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Always like seeing a @dani negreanu post. Makes me think that everything will be alright again, someday.

@HBE4

Funny you should say that ... After posting the good wishes to Greg, I've got a call from DS1, asking how are we doing (we both had missile alerts during the day...).

While replying, another alert was sound, first at my son's, so he left me to run to the shelter, and then also in our city.

For @helen haywood, DS1 just sent me a pic of their improvised shelter under their building with the sac sands...

image.thumb.jpeg.c787cf91bf7007eb04a17776da4bd637.jpeg

and for aussie @aussielozzie18

a pic of a missile launched towards Tel Aviv in the sky, and an Iron Dome rocket "following" it (the 2 lights)

image.thumb.jpeg.039db10c6a020dc1826ee19565d26404.jpeg

and then -- the moment of successful interception and.... BOOM !!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

She is among you top notch review people .......an excellent reviewer and funny. Although she has started whining a lot lately about the butler!!!! 😁🤣

We've been considering Celebrity for future cruises so I've been paying more attention to reviews.  Recent reviews haven't been great.  As for the butler, Celebrity eliminated them from Sky Suites...even if you had already booked a Sky suite with the promise of a butler.  They claimed that the single butler was being replaced by a team for better service, but that's not apparently how it's playing out.  You essentially now get a single cabin attendant, who also takes care of a bunch of other regular cabins, so service is basically the same as a regular cabin.  I'd be upset if I had booked a suite with a butler and that was later changed on me.

Lots of complaints also about food quality decreasing across the board, including Blu and Luminae. Some Celebrity cruisers don't like the fact that they now stop at Coco Cay, thinking it's a family-oriented place (bright colors, water slides, etc.) that's great for Royal but doesn't "suit" the Celebrity image.  And then there's "cookie gate"...charging for chocolate chip cookies that used to be free.  The president of Celebrity Cruises tried to address many of these concerns but apparently came off as being out of touch and/or lying, depending on your perspective.

We may still give Celebrity a shot with an open mind.  Things never tend to be as bad as they are made out to be in negative reviews.  Plus, we have no prior experience as a reference point, other than Royal.  The new Celebrity ships do look very appealing to us.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

Funny you should say that ... After posting the good wishes to Greg, I've got a call from DS1, asking how are we doing (we both had missile alerts during the day...).

While replying, another alert was sound, first at my son's, so he left me to run to the shelter, and then also in our city.

Unfortunately, that "someday" will have to wait a little longer.  Stay safe and thank you for popping in, even if it's just  quick hello or to hit the "Like/Laugh/Thank You" button occasionally.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Dani , thinking of you always .  Stay safe and know you are in our prayers. 

Looks like gratuities are going up again .  I looked at my statement from my last cruise and I noticed they had not applied my OBC .  My TA called and she was told it had fallen through the cracks ( ?) . Cruising is starting to lose its appeal. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At 3:30 pm, poured Halloween candy into 2 large bowls, 360 pieces which is enough for 120 kids at 3 pieces a kid.  Usually get between 80-100 kids so there is plenty of surplus.

Then I swept the sidewalk & driveway, changed out all the exterior burnt-out light bulbs to ensure the outdoor is properly lit and started the creepy Halloween music. Put on my  "costume" which is a t-shirt with the phrase "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" (lame, I know) on it.

3:50 pm, probably still have hour away before the first kids arrive & I'm down to 330 pieces of candy & for some reason, my belly is feeling a little unwell. .Opps!

Those kids better get here soon! 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 20

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends! I’m back and finally settled in to spend more time here. Unfortunately I don’t think I can go back and read everything I’ve missed as I’m getting ready for knee replacement on Friday. If I’ve missed birthdays, special occasions, sickness, problems or accomplishments I’m sorry. Know that I care about all of you.

I want to thank all of you that took time to follow and post on my live review thread. I broke a new record for me with over 67,400 views and over 1.100 posts. I am humbled by your support and hope I can do better in the future.

I will try and keep up after my surgery but as you know being drugged up with painkillers I will be doing a lot of sleeping. Or maybe not as I am being prescribed a portable connect pedal bike that sends data back to my surgeon. Medicare covers it and it will be delivered today. I am supposed to use at least 3-5 times a day for 10-20 minutes. Combine that with physical therapy 2-3 times a week I will be pretty busy. At least I should be ready for Beyond in April.

Cheer.

Very best wishes Greg for a successful knee op on Friday and excellent recovery with minimal discomfort.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I want to send my best wishes to @Sea Dog for his surgery and recovery.

And to all who sent me best wishes for my cancer treatment and recovery, my grateful thanks.  This has been a summer that did not exist, with radiation 5 days a week for 7 weeks, weekly chemo and followup blood tests.

I did end up  with 2 day day stay at the local hospital to receive 2 units of blood when my hemoglobin levels became too low. 

Having the CC community express their well wishes is priceless. To all, again my thanks.

Prayers 🙏 whenever needed and best wishes for a happy future for you both.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've been considering Celebrity for future cruises so I've been paying more attention to reviews.  Recent reviews haven't been great.  As for the butler, Celebrity eliminated them from Sky Suites...even if you had already booked a Sky suite with the promise of a butler.  They claimed that the single butler was being replaced by a team for better service, but that's not apparently how it's playing out.  You essentially now get a single cabin attendant, who also takes care of a bunch of other regular cabins, so service is basically the same as a regular cabin.  I'd be upset if I had booked a suite with a butler and that was later changed on me.

Lots of complaints also about food quality decreasing across the board, including Blu and Luminae. Some Celebrity cruisers don't like the fact that they now stop at Coco Cay, thinking it's a family-oriented place (bright colors, water slides, etc.) that's great for Royal but doesn't "suit" the Celebrity image.  And then there's "cookie gate"...charging for chocolate chip cookies that used to be free.  The president of Celebrity Cruises tried to address many of these concerns but apparently came off as being out of touch and/or lying, depending on your perspective.

We may still give Celebrity a shot with an open mind.  Things never tend to be as bad as they are made out to be in negative reviews.  Plus, we have no prior experience as a reference point, other than Royal.  The new Celebrity ships do look very appealing to us.

How was the wedding ?, from what I read sky suites still will be serviced by a pool of butlers , I never used them that often and for reservations and other things you still can get that from concierge, but I did think food quality is down a bit . We always love celebrity suite lounge which is open from early morning to late evening with snacks and liquor, if they don’t have the liquor you want they will try to get it . Also for suites the outdoor retreat with pool, hot tub , bar is fantastic on Edge class ships , entertainment is also excellent on edge class ships . Upper suites still have dedicated butler plus lots of other perks, my issue is cost , I will not at 4K plus for a sky suite. But looking forward to our annual 70’s music charter in huge royal suite in March , this will be our 6th 70’s music charter this year with Don McLean , Dave Mason and many others.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheer.

Greg good luck Friday , my 74 year old knees aren’t too bad even though a doctor told me they were bone on bone ten years ago. Also very interested in your thoughts on Beyond. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

3:50 pm, probably still have hour away before the first kids arrive & I'm down to 330 pieces of candy & for some reason, my belly is feeling a little unwell. .Opps!

Those kids better get here soon! 😄

I went for my bloodwork before Halloween, so that my PA wouldn't be unhappy with the results like she saw the last time.  I can't believe it's 4:36 and I still haven't taken a candy bar yet.  It's going to happen, though...once that starts, oh, it's so hard to stop!🤨

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4

For @helen haywood, DS1 just sent me a pic of their improvised shelter under their building with the sac sands...

image.thumb.jpeg.c787cf91bf7007eb04a17776da4bd637.jpeg

and for aussie @aussielozzie18

a pic of a missile launched towards Tel Aviv in the sky, and an Iron Dome rocket "following" it (the 2 lights)

image.thumb.jpeg.039db10c6a020dc1826ee19565d26404.jpeg

and then -- the moment of successful interception and.... BOOM !!!

Oh, Dani.  🌹😢🙏🙏🙏

• Thanks 1

Had a fun but exhausting day today.  A friend runs a weekly ladies golf group, and on the Tuesday closest to Halloween does a "Witches Tournanent".  I barely make it through 9 holes so don't do the weekly 18 but have been participating with the witches since we've been here.  This year with Halloween falling on Tuesday it was prime time for 24 of us.  Waiting on the "official" group photo but in the meantime, not the greatest shot but was a fun day.  Yes a few do play in full witch attire.

IMG_20231031_163008~3.jpg

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I went for my bloodwork before Halloween, so that my PA wouldn't be unhappy with the results like she saw the last time.  I can't believe it's 4:36 and I still haven't taken a candy bar yet.  It's going to happen, though...once that starts, oh, it's so hard to 

Usually between 5:00-9:00 pm with the heaviest concentration between 6:00 -7:30 pm when it's almost a non-stop flow.

But occasionally,  the really little kids pre-school I'm guessing come around as early as 4;00. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Had a fun but exhausting day today.  A friend runs a weekly ladies golf group, and on the Tuesday closest to Halloween does a "Witches Tournanent".  I barely make it through 9 holes so don't do the weekly 18 but have been participating with the witches since we've been here.  This year with Halloween falling on Tuesday it was prime time for 24 of us.  Waiting on the "official" group photo but in the meantime, not the greatest shot but was a fun day.  Yes a few do play in full witch attire.

IMG_20231031_163008~3.jpg

April, you look adorable!  Love your outfit!  Happy Halloween!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1