Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Thank you.  They apparently don’t have MRI capabilities.  I think he made his diagnosis from poking and prodding.  He mentioned that I should have an MRI when I get home. I have already contacted my Dr. and have an appt. on Mon. the 27th.  At this point, I’m just thankful it is no longer hurting.

Ocean Boy will have that fixed long before the 27th. House Call is going to cost you though since you are like 5000 miles away.

• Haha 8

52 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Sunshine3601  It was painful yesterday but today not so bad.  They gave me a walker to use.  I’ve stayed in my cabin with my knee elevated, and haven’t ventured out.  Room service has become my friend.

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear (and see) this!  What happened??

Edited by Luckynana
I just saw that you said you fell. Feel better!
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Fortunately, Leonard seldom barfs on the rug but I don't understand his fascination of joining whomever happens to be in the bathroom.

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade has a bathroom issue too.😐

My dogs have always felt the need to accompany me, as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debi, whenever I see "Battle Creek" I think of Rice Krispies!

Between Kellogg's and Post, my hometown has breakfast cereals wrapped up.  

Depending on how the wind blows, you can tell if they're making Corn Flakes or Froot Loops that day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The price for the half day bushwalk that I posted photos of just recently on Princess was $299pp.  Thankfully the cruise came with promo OBC so that offset most of the cost.  

Amedee Island in Noumea and snorkelling day excursion on the Great Barrier Reef are around $250pp or more .

Can understand your disbelief that cruisers are paying such inflated prices but they are standard prices for many day excursions here. 

No doubt when RCL finally open the resort in the South Pacific, the price will be high.

Compared to the cost of similar excursions in the Caribbean, the cost of the Coco Cay Beach Club is exorbitant, IMO.  CCBC is about twice the cost of an all-inclusive resort, yet doesn't include alcoholic or specialty drinks.  

But like all over-priced extras with Royal, I enjoy having others subsidize the cost of my cruises!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Unfortunately, the day did not end well for me.

IMG_5654.thumb.jpeg.cfbd900dbd569a884fcc56a7049df32c.jpeg

Fortunately, nothing broken or fractured.  A torn meniscus is the diagnosis.  Not how I planned on spending my time in Hawaii, but I’m very thankful it wasn’t worse.

Tomorrow is Kona, then we head back to SF.

Oh No Pat! That is horrible. I am so sorry. You might want to take that toe ring off, before your toe swells. What a miserable way to end the rest of the cruise. I always had mixed feelings about those r/t Princess cruises. I hope you are able to get around some soon without so much pain. 😌

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Fortunately, nothing broken or fractured.  A torn meniscus is the diagnosis.  Not how I planned on spending my time in Hawaii, but I’m very thankful it wasn’t worse.

I’m so sorry this happened for you. I agree with OB in that a MRI will show if the meniscus is torn. You might look into getting a knee brace for the rest of your trip. I had a torn meniscus as well as torn ACL with my knee replacement. I got a brace to wear on my cruise a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed at how much it helped me. I hope it’s not torn and maybe just strained. Keep us updated and I hope you have relief soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it was Ballsy to ask.    The Realtor gave this whole song and dance about how we should help these first time homebuyers with funds for closing costs.  She stopped her pleading when Eric replied "they are not first time homebuyers they just sold their townhome in a nearby town".   When the buyers signed the contract I had looked online their current address and info on their FB and Linkedin pages.     Did she forget the internet existed or maybe she figured since it was an Estate Sale we would just be happy to close.😁     

Eric drove by this morning and said they have begun demo and have all the carpet from the bedrooms and window blinds in the driveway for trash as well as wood stakes for their fencing.    Guess they really didn't need that $2,000 credit😇

Happy for you both the sale has gone through , selling (and buying) is so stressful 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is still cooking... DS1 asked for some comfort food for the weekly Friday night get together, and DH was happy to oblige with my late mom stuffed cabbage recipe. It was excellent. I've managed to get a pic before DH had a chance to "stage" it....

image.thumb.jpeg.505045acbffe8495785fc5b350921ec3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2066b8d615883fd7512c35f206c3a271.jpeg

Food shopping - luckily, we have a supermarket a few mins walk from our building. Usually, we manage to stop by between air raids, since there is a "cease fire" of at least 30 mins between them. Many products are missing, since, for poultry, many workers were Palestinians coming over daily from the Gaza strip. Moreover, the area which was attacked is agricultural, now a war zone, many products are just wilting in the fields. Prices have risen considerably.

Many of our neighbors have moved with family/friends outside the range of air raids. Others, like our next door neighbors, are all reservists who have been called to duty -- mom, dad + daughters...

This morning DH found a "squatter" on our car, who refused to move... Not until DH started moving very very slowly.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e257f1180ada1e28534b9442d61c2e5.jpeg

Since the number of air raids has slowed down considerably in the last days, I've decided to be brave and went to the hairdresser. My first question was: "where are we going to 'congregate' in the event of an air raid?" "Behind this wall" was the answer... [May be 4 people might fit there securely....]

The saloon was empty. It is on ground floor, and the 1st floor is occupied by the nail lady and the eye brows lady, both of them were not in.

My hairdresser employs 2 helpers, one is doing the washing and phones, and the other minor jobs like fan and coloring. Today, the hairdresser's wife was doing the first job. I asked if Antony has left for another position... The reply shocked and saddened me enormously -- "Antony was killed in the music festival, along with his wife and 5 of his friends"....They left behind a 4 year and 7 year old.

It really hit home, since it is someone I've known for years, a free spirit hippy style guy, always with a smile and a laid back attitude. It is so different from hearing that 1400 people were killed, but, luckily, you don't know personally one of them.

I'm so so sorry to hear about your hairdressers employee. You're right, when it's personal it hits so much harder 😪 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Yesterday in Honolulu I walked to the Iolani Palace and the statue of King Kamehameha.

IMG_5643.thumb.jpeg.cbb535a1d3a31e6f95d9a1dedba8a209.jpeg

IMG_5644.thumb.jpeg.389ce6b71ccd585a5ea405d929cc7853.jpeg

IMG_5639.thumb.jpeg.b831d2cdd7a7ba63f0b00c8e519bbc3d.jpeg

Oh no.  Whatever the cause I’m glad that you are not feeling the same pain as prior to treatment.  Still sucks though. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Yesterday in Honolulu I walked to the Iolani Palace and the statue of King Kamehameha

Oh no! How did you do this?

Wishing you a very fast recovery.

• Thanks 1

@taznremmy Oh no, Pat, so sorry this happened.  I hope you aren't in much pain and can enjoy the rest of your trip.

@brillohead Debi, as long as people are willing to pay those prices, the cruiselines will continue to charge those high rates.  I can't imagine paying over $70 per day/pp for a drink package, yet it seems to be a very popular option.

@Sea DogGreg, how are you doing today?  Jack ordered your knee brace on Amazon.  It's scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and hope it's as beneficial for him as it was for you.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea DogGreg, how are you doing today?  Jack ordered your knee brace on Amazon.  It's scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and hope it's as beneficial for him as it was for you.

I’m doing pretty good. Going to urologist this morning to hopefully get the catheter out. It will make a huge difference in my quality of life. I’m off completely narcotic pain meds.

Let me know how well the brace works for Jack. I wish him well. It definitely helped me get through my last cruise.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 17

@taznremmy  Pat, sorry to be late on letting you know how sorry I am your knee is bothering you.  Hopefully, it is no worse than a torn meniscus and like @Sea Dog Greg said, maybe only a strain.  Some good physical therapy will help you out for sure.  Please let us know what the results of the MRI is and enjoy the rest of the cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It really hit home, since it is someone I've known for years, a free spirit hippy style guy, always with a smile and a laid back attitude. It is so different from hearing that 1400 people were killed, but, luckily, you don't know personally one of them.

I'm so sorry, Dani. There are no words. 😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean BF Sale:55% off Cruise Favorites Internet Math
Royal keeps texting me about 55% off Voom, for two of our sailings. Don't see it. Don't see it yet..... Then discovered this:

#1. Person A and Person B, 1 device each= $xxx (20% off)

#2. Person A, 4 devices= $xxx (55% off)

#1 and #2 are identical dollar amounts.
🤪

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 4

Went out this morning to head over to the local Lands' End store.   Trying to find shorts in Michigan in November is pretty much impossible.  I need some new shorts for our January cruise, and I ended up finding some on clearance on the Lands' End website.  If you order at the store, there are no shipping charges.  

Went in and placed my order.  I came out to go to my car, and for some reason I can't get the door unlocked or to open.  (It's a keyless entry door).   A lady then comes up behind me and says, "I think that's my car".   Sure enough, she had the same exact car as mine.  I was parked two spaces down.  At least we both laughed about it.  I need to pay closer attention.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 18