Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It was -1°C and frosty this morning and got up to 6°C and sunny this afternoon.

I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Similar down here in the South, a little warmer today, but forecast to get around 6c/1c day/night next week with ❄️ in a few days. 

Gary really feels the cold due to his meds and its a constant battle with him turning up the heating and me turning it down. 

A couple of days ago we had a day trip to Bournemouth for a walk on the beach and lunch in our fav doggy friendly cafe

You can just see the Isle of Wight which you pass sailing from Southampton 

20231123_134143.thumb.jpg.45ca7b2dea388fc381e4190b86db18b0.jpg

heres a close up

20231123_134636.thumb.jpg.f676828d740737a52b5b552f1e6195a6.jpg

molly enjoying the beach as the sun begins to go down

20231123_153313.thumb.jpg.f314e23e9041735835e16e915f008f1a.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Similar down here in the South, a little warmer today, but forecast to get around 6c/1c day/night next week with ❄️ in a few days. 

Gary really feels the cold due to his meds and its a constant battle with him turning up the heating and me turning it down. 

A couple of days ago we had a day trip to Bournemouth for a walk on the beach and lunch in our fav doggy friendly cafe

You can just see the Isle of Wight which you pass sailing from Southampton 

20231123_134143.thumb.jpg.45ca7b2dea388fc381e4190b86db18b0.jpg

heres a close up

20231123_134636.thumb.jpg.f676828d740737a52b5b552f1e6195a6.jpg

molly enjoying the beach as the sun begins to go down

20231123_153313.thumb.jpg.f314e23e9041735835e16e915f008f1a.jpg

Nice photos Sue.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. I'm doing well. 

It has been a busy but fun week.  Wednesday through today we had all 3 DD families here.  7 GKs running around the house was crazy at times but we love it.  

We sous vide a turkey breast.  It was great and all eaten by the end of the day!

So busy this week we were just able to find time to watch Survivor tonight!

So glad to hear that you are just  crazy busy enjoying your family and the holiday, John!🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

This woman says it is OK to fill a bottle directly from the cold water dispenser in the buffet....lip to lip 💋 

I told her she was going to be very famous 😉😁 and I am keeping that promise.

20231126_080951.jpg

Disgusting!  What the heck .  Are people that ignorant?

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

The Tempura Shrimp fest! And yes. It is a Fry Baby, as opposed to Fry Daddy, which was much larger. It was a very good meal. ☺️ Please excuse our (not) fancy tableware. 😀

Tempura 3.JPGTempura2.thumb.JPG.d1496a644819fc12c50752482cc369e4.JPG

Tempura1.thumb.JPG.83d2c68bd40f823fdf2021af252b6534.JPG

I love tempura.  It looks delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Were you at the Rangers game today ?

No, but I wish I was as from what I read, it was a pretty exciting game.  Rangers have been playing with a vengeance this year, no doubt fueled by lasts years disappointing early playoff exit,  Of course, there is still 4 more months in the regular season so fingers-crossed they are playing this well come April.

Hey @Ozark_Kid I don’t know if you saw it but CBS Sunday Morning had a very interesting piece on ALS and on a family’s fight to makes drugs and treatments more readily available. Here is the link if you did not see it. I found it very inspirational.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fighting-the-good-fight-against-als/

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

So glad to hear that you are just  crazy busy enjoying your family and the holiday, John!🥰

The week before Sharon's DB and his wife visited for a week.  He was kind enough to clear out my garden for me.  While he was down there he counted the garlic that has already popped up.  226 were up, 27 to go.

Caden counted this week after the rain. 10 more popped up!

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No, but I wish I was as from what I read, it was a pretty exciting game.  Rangers have been playing with a vengeance this year, no doubt fueled by lasts years disappointing early playoff exit,  Of course, there is still 4 more months in the regular season so fingers-crossed they are playing this well come April.

I  bet the farm you aren't talking about TX baseball. 😉🤣

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey @Ozark_Kid I don’t know if you saw it but CBS Sunday Morning had a very interesting piece on ALS and on a family’s fight to makes drugs and treatments more readily available. Here is the link if you did not see it. I found it very inspirational.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fighting-the-good-fight-against-als/

Thanks for posting.   I take OB's advice and avoid most other's ALS experience.   I am currently on 3 different meds right now and can only assume they are making a difference. I have a close friend's sister that lives close who is in her last days.  We know her daughter and she is having a hard time.

I am taking it one cruise at a time.  Lord willing and the sea don't rise we will be on Icon next.   

• Like 30

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for posting.   I take OB's advice and avoid most other's ALS experience.   I am currently on 3 different meds right now and can only assume they are making a difference. I have a close friend's sister that lives close who is in her last days.  We know her daughter and she is having a hard time.

I am taking it one cruise at a time.  Lord willing and the sea don't rise we will be on Icon next.   

That is great advice to follow.  Having gone on this journey with my Dad, I know how different things can be for each patient.  You positive attitude and the love and support of your family and friends are so important, along with your medical care.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I don't post much on the medical discussions on this thread but this just hits close too close to home. 🙏🏻

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Today on the Odyssey.

20231126_103136.jpg

Can you please check internet pricing for me please. Trying to decide whether to buy pre cruise or wait. Depending on price, if I wait and buy on board I might wait until midnight after we leave Coco Cay. That way with my D+ discount I'll only have to pay for 4 days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after our 14 night cruise visiting.

Tenerife.

Gran canaria.

Lanzarote.

Madeira.

Lisbon.

La Corunna.

I'm sorry I couldn't say anything before we got home.

IMG_20231121_131600.jpg

IMG_20231121_072044.jpg

IMG_20231119_094413.jpg

IMG_20231117_131212.jpg

IMG_20231116_111019.jpg

Do you by any chance know the name of that three masted bark?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. I'm doing well. 

It has been a busy but fun week.  Wednesday through today we had all 3 DD families here.  7 GKs running around the house was crazy at times but we love it.  

We sous vide a turkey breast.  It was great and all eaten by the end of the day!

So busy this week we were just able to find time to watch Survivor tonight!

Good to hear from you.  😍  Sounds like a fun filled week.   

I keep hearing about sous vide - someday I have to try it.

Last year I went to order seeds from MiGardener early January and they were out of a lot that I wanted so we plant some left over seeds and I picked up a bunch of Burpee seeds at Lowes.    Our garden did not thrive this past year either because of old seeds and/or the weather where we had lots of rain and lots of humidity this past summer.

So this year I ordered my seeds from MiGardener as soon as I got the emal that 2024 seeds were available.    They arrived this past week.   I am trying something new to us - Poona Kherra Cucumber, Purple Cayenne Peppers and Lemon Drop Aji Peppers.   

I plan on putting the seed packets in Eric's stocking as he is in charge of starting the seeds and I manage the plants once they are outside.    I hope this coming garden season is better.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

The Tempura Shrimp fest! And yes. It is a Fry Baby, as opposed to Fry Daddy, which was much larger. It was a very good meal. ☺️ Please excuse our (not) fancy tableware. 😀

Tempura 3.JPGTempura2.thumb.JPG.d1496a644819fc12c50752482cc369e4.JPG

Looks yummy!    What did you use for your dipping sauce?    Tempura works great on veggies too.   this past summer I made it tempura zucchini and squash.    We used an aoili for dipping.

• Like 2