Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I've received my Covid vaccines.  I got the latest dose about a month ago along with my flu shot.   I figured with the holidays coming up and holiday shopping, I don't want to risk getting sick and missing our January 6 cruise. I've been waiting too long for it.   I did get Covid once last spring and got Paxlovid.  I think I was sick for maybe a day or two with cold like symptoms. 

I hope your wife feels better soon.

We chose to get the latest Covid vaccine, as well as our flu shots, prior to our October cruise.  DH got them at the same time and I spaced the two out because I react to pretty much everything.😲🙄  Neither of us got sick on our cruise but many on our rollcall came back with Covid and some with the flu.  I have gotten sick on too many cruises in the past, even after being vaccinated, but we figure it lessens our symptoms if we do get sick, so we will continue to vaccinate.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, George C said:

My wife has never called in sick in 35 years, she was feeling cold last couple of days on the ship , just came back from urgent care, she has Covid , so far I am fine , currently her symptoms are like a bad flu. 

I'm sorry to hear this George.

I hope she is soon feeling a lot better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

My wife has never called in sick in 35 years, she was feeling cold last couple of days on the ship , just came back from urgent care, she has Covid , so far I am fine , currently her symptoms are like a bad flu. 

I got covid coming off our Alaska cruise in July.  DH didn’t get it.  It was not the first time and was like a light cold. The only reason I tested was because we were coming home to grands.  What I got coming off the Panama cruise in October was MUCH worse, not covid, and ending up needing antibiotics after 3 weeks of coughing my lungs out.  It was a weird bug, no fever, didn’t feel bad so it’s wasn’t the flu either. 

I’m sorry she’s sick as it’s no fun to come home to that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We chose to get the latest Covid vaccine, as well as our flu shots, prior to our October cruise.  DH got them at the same time and I spaced the two out because I react to pretty much everything.😲🙄  Neither of us got sick on our cruise but many on our rollcall came back with Covid and some with the flu.  I have gotten sick on too many cruises in the past, even after being vaccinated, but we figure it lessens our symptoms if we do get sick, so we will continue to vaccinate.

She definitely should have gotten both flu and Covid shots , she normally gets them with yearly physical but that is for later this month. She eats very healthy and exercises which is two things I don’t do , even though she is sick she’s been on the computer working all day. Neither of us had Covid in the past. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, George C said:

She definitely should have gotten both flu and Covid shots , she normally gets them with yearly physical but that is for later this month. She eats very healthy and exercises which is two things I don’t do , even though she is sick she’s been on the computer working all day. Neither of us had Covid in the past. 

Doctors around here aren't giving them, you have to get them at a pharmacy.  

Hope she feels better soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is pretty much what the virus has evolved into. It often isn't even tested for any longer as the treatment isn't typically altered by the test results.

I agree with you 100%.  

5 hours ago, George C said:

Curious what your thoughts on Covid shots , I get them whenever a new one is available, wife got all of them except for the latest. 

My mom and MIL have received the latest rounds as they are 81 and 75.  They are older and the recommendation from Health Canada is those over 70 suggested to get them.  Those under that age are recommended if they are immune compromised.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Too complicated an answer to get into here.

Seeing as it is practically a cold at this point I’d go with it is up to the individual and their needs.  That said, a common cold has lead to the demise of some people. Lisa, Owen and I got our flu shots this year, but haven’t had a Covid booster in over a year and a half. I’m seriously contemplating getting the shingles vaccine as I know a few that have had it and I’d rather not get it. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Found 2 more phone options, Anyone every heard of these 2 or use any of the 2 currently?

https://www.visible.com/   uses verizon towers

https://www.mintmobile.com/     uses t-mobile towers

https://www.mintmobile.com/why-mint-mobile/

Ryan Reynolds is the owner

Currently using Mint.  Only issue was some locations in Alaska.  I haven’t looked into their international plan.  Saved a bunch of money cancelling Verizon.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m seriously contemplating getting the shingles vaccine as I know a few that have had it and I’d rather not get it. 

Same.  I know a few as well and wouldn't wish what they described on my worst enemy.  I got it right after I turned 50.  I can tell you the shot(s) laid me out for a day.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Actually their  driveway and garage is going to be on other  end of new house.

This is our only window in the house that faces the end of their house. it's one of the 3 windows in the Master Bedroom. Other 2 windows face out the back at the Gazebo and Peach trees.

20231205_120417.jpg

This is a view from our garage one the end of our house that faces the new house.

20231205_120509.jpg

Our house with garage on the end and our master bedroom is behind the garage

20231205_120837.jpg

20231205_120840.jpg

20231205_120845.jpg

20231205_120919.jpg

There is their garage way in the back on the side. I believe it's going to be a 2-1 setup, 3 car garage.

20231205_120951.jpg

Nice house.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, derorim said:

That's funny.  You spotted a BMW in the driveway and all I saw was a Keurig on the dresser.  🙂 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What Keurig? That's actually a bird house.

20231205_174631.jpg

At first glance, I thought it was a Keurig as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Found 2 more phone options, Anyone every heard of these 2 or use any of the 2 currently?

https://www.visible.com/   uses verizon towers

https://www.mintmobile.com/     uses t-mobile towers

https://www.mintmobile.com/why-mint-mobile/

Ryan Reynolds is the owner

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Currently using Mint.  Only issue was some locations in Alaska.  I haven’t looked into their international plan.  Saved a bunch of money cancelling Verizon.

I've gone down the rabbit hole.  lol.  As long as I'm considering changing my Cable TV & Internet service, I might as well go all in with my Cell Phone provider as well. Looks like I can easily save $75+ a month.

Tom's Guide likes both Mint and Visible. 

https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-cell-phone-plans#section-the-quick-list

I've only heard about Visible from the Yada Yada commercials but will consider it as I'm currently on Verizon. 

• Like 2