Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

I realized yesterday that we no longer had ABC in addition to NBC.  I told DH we should look into HULU or Dish.  He won’t think there is a problem until he can’t watch his football games…

I have the basic Hulu very cheap and it shows ABC show the next day , 

• Thanks 1

Here at the beach house we rented, we have free Disney+, and free Netflix, courtesy of a couple families that evidently rented before our stay.

Just a friendly reminder to anyone who logs in to their streaming service at a rental, or at a hotel.  Don’t forget to log out of the service before you leave.

I am always reminding Susan to log out, everywhere we go.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, George C said:

ABC reported this morning that a company was planning to launch a 3 and a half year cruise . 

On Good Morning America and a mention of the RCI World Cruise .  

We were given a token $10 in compensation for the loss of CBS on U-Verse .  My friend switched to Cox and is saving $125 / month.  We’ll do something after Jan 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Woe , it is only day 18 out of 274 and things are heating up on the World Cruise according to a post on my f b page .  A couple arguing loudly in the hallway and a woman throwing her husband’s wet clothes out of the washing machine on the floor and at the same time screaming I can’t live with him anymore.  Too much togetherness ? 

Saw that, laughed to myself.  It's only a few weeks in and they must be on the full cruise if using the machines.  Long time to go yet.  Will be very interesting to see how people fair on the cruise.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Saw that, laughed to myself.  It's only a few weeks in and they must be on the full cruise if using the machines.  Long time to go yet.  Will be very interesting to see how people fair on the cruise.

They missed the boat on this one as I see the makings of a reality show .  

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Isn't Jeopardy on CBS?

Jeopardy is syndicated, along with Wheel of Fortune. Local channels buy it, so it can run on any channel. 
In our travels we have found it on NBC and ABC channels, but not CBS yet. 
Sometimes a channel puts Wheel on first, and sometimes Jeopardy. 
And there are places out west where we couldn’t find it at all. 

• Thanks 1

I know Christmas is officially behind us, but we’re still celebrating with various family members.  We hosted Christmas Eve, just 6 adults and two little ones. A few pictures from that night.

This is Jess, Sam, Abby and Ellie (with baby brother to be, all tucked away)

IMG_2789.thumb.jpeg.047cda87f69bce3fda4b84dae518c342.jpeg

Abby with Nana & Papa

IMG_0492.thumb.jpeg.6a0b1860ba268da50bee815f5359740e.jpeg

The beef ready to carve

IMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.4ff929a024cbf894f34b38ac4db410d5.jpeg

Nana with Abby & Ellie

IMG_1304.thumb.jpeg.fc2a7023c812a2193bbfd47a85668e3f.jpeg

Christmas Day we had brunch at Jess & Sam’s, but no photos. 
Yesterday we drove down to PA for a quick overnight to celebrate Christmas with Cristina and her family.  Traffic was terrible in both directions, but worth it to see them.  
Here’s Nana playing Santa with Will, Teddy and Andrew. 
IMG_6736.thumb.jpeg.17cd006d1bd2f426db4612678b5b862b.jpeg

And finally, tomorrow we drive up to Rensselaer NY to take Andy’s Mom to lunch and exchange gifts with her.  Three hours up and 3 hours home - if we’re lucky. 
I already feel like I picked up something from one of the boys. Today I just feel tired and achy all over with no appetite. It’ll be a game day call tomorrow morning if I go because I certainly don’t want to get my 87 yr old MIL sick. I’m also going to test tomorrow before leaving, just to be safe for her.  
We have no plans for New Year’s and I’m okay with that!

What’s everyone doing? (aside from those who are on vacation of course)

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 28

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

I betting people are thinking damn this ship is getting smaller and smaller everyday!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Eat 12 grapes at the stroke of midnight.

Thanks for raisin awareness.  May we all have a grape new year!  

Here's another way to start the new year on the right foot.   Seconds before midnight stand up and lift your left foot.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Haha 12

40 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I know Christmas is officially behind us, but we’re still celebrating with various family members.  We hosted Christmas Eve, just 6 adults and two little ones. A few pictures from that night.

This is Jess, Sam, Abby and Ellie (with baby brother to be, all tucked away)

IMG_2789.thumb.jpeg.047cda87f69bce3fda4b84dae518c342.jpeg

Abby with Nana & Papa

IMG_0492.thumb.jpeg.6a0b1860ba268da50bee815f5359740e.jpeg

The beef ready to carve

IMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.4ff929a024cbf894f34b38ac4db410d5.jpeg

Nana with Abby & Ellie

IMG_1304.thumb.jpeg.fc2a7023c812a2193bbfd47a85668e3f.jpeg

Christmas Day we had brunch at Jess & Sam’s, but no photos. 
Yesterday we drove down to PA for a quick overnight to celebrate Christmas with Cristina and her family.  Traffic was terrible in both directions, but worth it to see them.  
Here’s Nana playing Santa with Will, Teddy and Andrew. 
IMG_6736.thumb.jpeg.17cd006d1bd2f426db4612678b5b862b.jpeg

And finally, tomorrow we drive up to Rensselaer NY to take Andy’s Mom to lunch and exchange gifts with her.  Three hours up and 3 hours home - if we’re lucky. 
I already feel like I picked up something from one of the boys. Today I just feel tired and achy all over with no appetite. It’ll be a game day call tomorrow morning if I go because I certainly don’t want to get my 87 yr old MIL sick. I’m also going to test tomorrow before leaving, just to be safe for her.  

Love your photos. Looks like a great celebration of Christmas. We have no plans. Linda is doing good after shoulder surgery. I am doing ok with my new knee. Going to be taking it easy for awhile now. Wishing you a very happy New Year.

• Like 4

While Christmas Day has passed, it's still the Christmas Season so watching Christmas movies is still okay.  Just watched "The Main Who Invented Christmas" on Prime & found it not only enjoyable but also very interesting. 

It's the a semi-true, semi-fantasy story of how Charles Dickens wrote " A Christmas Carol". The fantasy part refers what went thru Dickens mind as he was struggling to write the book in record time but many of the facts in the movie are true, at least according to the rabbit hole of websites I fell into last night looking up all the details of his life. 😛

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

Woe , it is only day 18 out of 274 and things are heating up on the World Cruise according to a post on my f b page .  A couple arguing loudly in the hallway and a woman throwing her husband’s wet clothes out of the washing machine on the floor and at the same time screaming I can’t live with him anymore.  Too much togetherness ? 

Maybe we should get a little group wager going. What will there be more of after 274 days? New babies born or divorces? 😄

Or make it a Super Bowl like pool and pick a number of each!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Jeopardy is syndicated, along with Wheel of Fortune. Local channels buy it, so it can run on any channel. 
In our travels we have found it on NBC and ABC channels, but not CBS yet. 
Sometimes a channel puts Wheel on first, and sometimes Jeopardy. 
And there are places out west where we couldn’t find it at all. 

You need to come to RI.

Reading the various posts about different cable companies dropping major networks has pushed me even closer to cutting the cord. I've been think about it for a year now, maybe even longer  And as much as I wanted to get away from Verizon Wireless service, they actually have some good deals where you can get discounts on Verizon Internet service & also bundle streaming services together for even bigger savings, such as Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+  or MAX/Netflix. Granted, they are the basic service with commercials but still can add up to significant monthly savings. 

And just got a email from Amazon that starting end of Jan, they will be adding commercials to Prime service. Unless I want to upgrade for $2.99 a month. 😡

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe we should get a little group wager going. What will there be more of after 274 days? New babies born or divorces? 😄

Or make it a Super Bowl like pool and pick a number of each!

I was thinking how many will die on this cruise from boredom . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As @George C noted, we're watching the Bills game on Sunday afternoon.  Then home to change out of our Bills gear and into something a little fancier for dinner with 3 other couples at 7:30. We might be able to make the big New Year's Eve event here...the shrimp drop (instead of a ball drop) and fireworks. Yes...shrimping is a big deal here, the birth place of the modern shrimping industry.  The shrimp drop happens at 7:00 instead of midnight.  They use 7:00 since that's midnight GMT, it allows it to be a more family friendly event, and so that everyone can be at home and in bed by 10:00. 😁

Here's the shrimp drop from 2019 before covid.  I expect similar crowds this year.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for raisin awareness.  May we all have a grape new year!  

Here's another way to start the new year on the right foot.   Seconds before midnight stand up and lift your left foot.

Happy New Year everyone!

Another dad joke trifecta.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2