Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dani-So very pleased for you and your husband that you were able to visit with your “boys” and daughter in law. The look on your face in the photo says it all. ❤️ 

Hoping there will be many more of your family get togethers in the future.

Shalom

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have just returned home from a brunch at a diner with friends from HS.

I have been in constant touch with one all through college up till now. The other one reached out this past Christmas after almost 40 years of just connecting with  an occasional Christmas card.

It was as if we left each other yesterday!

The conversation flowed, reliving memories of school days and weddings to catching up with our present lives. 
We plan to arrange for an overnight hotel stay  in the Spring with, possibly, two more HS friends.

Old friends are the best as we share so much of our early lives with each other.

As we get older, there are fewer people who remember us in our youth.

My friend reaching out was a true blessing!

Hoping everyone is having a pleasant day-feeling safe and loved!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I have been in constant touch with one all through college up till now. The other one reached out this past Christmas after almost 40 years of just connecting with  an occasional Christmas card.

The conversation flowed, reliving memories of school days and weddings to catching up with our present lives. 
We plan to arrange for an overnight hotel stay  in the Spring with, possibly, two more HS friends.

Old friends are the best as we share so much of our early lives with each other.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

There is nothing better than good friends .I have two friends who I have known since I was 4 .I am in contact with HS and college friends.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Yes , old friends are to be treasured and celebrated. I have been in contact with old friends, too.  I’ve known two friends for 74 years since kindergarten.  We e-mailed each other this morning. She is working at her polling precinct in New Hampshire today counting write-in votes . Sadly , I had to tell to be careful because you never know .

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Hopefully there will be more getaways like this in the future, for longer periods of time too. 

Thanks, H.

We have "limits" here, like -- health travel insurance -- no more than 55 days at a time abroad. At our age, it is also very expensive.

Social security -- stops after 181 days abroad, unless you were officially sent to work by an Israeli employer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, H.

We have "limits" here, like -- health travel insurance -- no more than 55 days at a time abroad. At our age, it is also very expensive.

Social security -- stops after 181 days abroad, unless you were officially sent to work by an Israeli employer.

Wow.  That kind of s___ks.  I guess that is a good way to keep people from leaving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Dani-So very pleased for you and your husband that you were able to visit with your “boys” and daughter in law. The look on your face in the photo says it all. ❤️ 

Hoping there will be many more of your family get togethers in the future.

Shalom

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

@dani negreanu   +1 🤗

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We took a "break" from our grim reality and flew to see the grands in Amsterdam for a week.

Our eldest decided at the last moment to join us for the week-end (working anyhow from home Thursdays and Sundays). So he worked from his brother home instead....

We took a late night flight together on Wednesday and DS1 flew back alone Sunday night, just in time to sleep 3 hours and be at the office at 9am on Monday.

We "brought" with us a very cold spell of weather, instead of warm... And, of course, a rare event of snow in Amsterdam, where the grands got to "experiment" ice for the first time.

Bundled up.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e19ff0bffad919498ec88fd46e65ace.jpeg

DS1 playing football with his nephews.

image.thumb.jpeg.c970036c0d02ee90b5ab5851dd54e69c.jpeg

Look!! Snow AND ice...

image.thumb.jpeg.6e59f916f8a33ae19e212c90724a94c7.jpeg

Wonderful Dani, so great you got a few days away from the stress and importantly seeing your lovely family again. 

Can you stay for extended stays in AMS ? Would be great to be there during their school holidays .

When we had our 2yr old grandson yesterday.  He, out of the blue, said he was doing 'downward dog' (yoga pose). Not sure where he picked this up from . 

IMG-20240123-WA0010.thumb.jpg.4f2d7e9bf23b2790a99e8cec413e1944.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

When we had our 2yr old grandson yesterday.  He, out of the blue, said he was doing 'downward dog' (yoga pose). Not sure where he picked this up from . 

The actual dog is looking a bit critical!

• Haha 12

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, H.

Hi Dani.

I hope you are all having a nice family time.

Our travel insurance policy restricts us to 30 days maximum abroad at one time.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Dani.

I hope you are all having a nice family time.

Our travel insurance policy restricts us to 30 days maximum abroad at one time.

Thanks, Graham.

And here I was thinking we're having a "bad deal" with the 55 days limit....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Packing today for our 2 month trip to Australia and NZ.  We got a Royal Up to a balcony on the last 2 B3B which is the circumnavigation around Australia.  Although one is really obstructed we are happy as we placed really low bids.  The original cost for a balcony on these was almost double and we couldn’t justify the cost.  When Royal changed ships from Enchantment to Brilliance we lost our original cabin and had 3 different cabins anyway. Fresh air for 34/46 nights will be wonderful.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Packing today for our 2 month trip to Australia and NZ.  We got a Royal Up to a balcony on the last 2 B3B which is the circumnavigation around Australia.  Although one is really obstructed we are happy as we placed really low bids.  The original cost for a balcony on these was almost double and we couldn’t justify the cost.  When Royal changed ships from Enchantment to Brilliance we lost our original cabin and had 3 different cabins anyway. Fresh air for 34/46 nights will be wonderful.  

Enjoy your cruise!
We hope to see some pictures here, when you can, please?

• Like 2

I feel like I just won the Golden Ticket, like Charlie Bucket in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.  

We just got our GTY room assignment for the Icon Maiden Voyage that is in just 3 days!  We were not sure if we were even going to get a room and were ready to receive whatever assignment they’d give us on boarding day but it came through.  We reserved Interior Gty but they upgraded us to an OV Deck 10 Front smack Center.  So, that is a plus there.  I am so excited to just be going on the ship.  What kind of cabin we get is not important to DH and me.  We won’t be spending much time in there anyway as we will be spending most of every minute of the day checking everything out on the ship.  After all, it is only a 7-day cruise.  Can’t waste a minute.

I don’t want to duplicate postings so I will share my pictures, thoughts and comments on the Live Icon thread.  See you there!

• Like 24

On 1/21/2024 at 11:04 AM, Ocean Boy said:

My father never taught me or my brother about that gas tank thing.

I knew about it as a teenager, and my friends and I would pool our money and put a dollar’s worth in. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoy your cruise!
We hope to see some pictures here, when you can, please?

@cruiselvr04

+ 1 

7 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We just got our GTY room assignment for the Icon Maiden Voyage that is in just 3 days!  

@FromSea2ShiningSea

H & M, have a wonderful cruise with balmy weather 😘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I feel like I just won the Golden Ticket, like Charlie Bucket in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.  

We just got our GTY room assignment for the Icon Maiden Voyage that is in just 3 days!  We were not sure if we were even going to get a room and were ready to receive whatever assignment they’d give us on boarding day but it came through.  We reserved Interior Gty but they upgraded us to an OV Deck 10 Front smack Center.  So, that is a plus there.  I am so excited to just be going on the ship.  What kind of cabin we get is not important to DH and me.  We won’t be spending much time in there anyway as we will be spending most of every minute of the day checking everything out on the ship.  After all, it is only a 7-day cruise.  Can’t waste a minute.

I don’t want to duplicate postings so I will share my pictures, thoughts and comments on the Live Icon thread.  See you there!

So happy for you. Have a great cruise. I’m sure you’ll love the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That is awesome Helen!  Have a wonderful time!!

• Thanks 1