Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

More white stuff coming tonight.   One local station says 3 to 5 inches but a site online says 5 to 8 inches.    At least I have off tomorrow.

Mailbox update...I left an apology note with my contact info Wednesday morning and have not heard from them, yet.

• Like 7

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Will see in 2 weeks if it slows down access/postings while using Voom.

Interesting point. As it was, the final two says on Odessey reminded me of the old days on Adventure. Anything that slowed this site down more would have been very unwelcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

More white stuff coming tonight.   One local station says 3 to 5 inches but a site online says 5 to 8 inches.    At least I have off tomorrow.

Mailbox update...I left an apology note with my contact info Wednesday morning and have not heard from them, yet.

The mailbox thing brought up my learning to drive days. My mom took me out to a quiet area one Sunday afternoon and all was well until we got to a turn that was much sharper than any I'd ever done and I didn't correct in time and sideswiped a mailbox with the mirror. We went to the door to tell her and say that we would replace it. She didn't care about the dent in the box - all she wanted was the squirrel that was on top of the name plate back on. So the next afternoon my dad and I went back with power tools and screwed the squirrel back on (she was fine with that solution.). We still talk about "that *&$@ squirrel".

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you all for your birthday good wishes and Happy Birthday to Lisa for yesterday too!

I had a lovely day. Weather was a bit grey and misty but we had a great day out at a National Trust property walking Molly in the 1600 acres of the property, and then while she rested in the car we had a quick look around the gardens and house.  Family came over in the afternoon for coffee and cake and then Gary cooked a steak dinner.   We'll go out to dinner at the weekend to celebrate properly and then look forward to our Singapore trip

You can just spot thec house in the background 

20240214_134139.thumb.jpg.2214c84533e3dfb72c3b88a97ab3aee2.jpg

View from the house. As far as you can see belongs to the property 

20240214_134602.thumb.jpg.683bc72471d6e324888ca664585cacec.jpg

The Gold Room

20240214_141154.thumb.jpg.5965223d1e5e68e5de5965ba2cbfb041.jpg

In her will in the '40s she left the house and grounds to the National Trust and her Jewels to her good friend, our old Queen Mother (she had no children). In this cabinet are replica of two tiara that are still being worn by the Royal Family today 

20240214_141347.thumb.jpg.ee7c0aa2bbb10fc47a8fc539fcd5b020.jpg

She was the only child of a brewery owner (McEwan). She inherited a million pounds in the beginning of the 20th century and married into nobility.  I love learning about the owners of these big country houses 

Polesden Lacey, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/surrey/polesden-lacey

Thanks for posting this.  Micheline loves visiting estates, and this looks like a great place to visit.  Margaret Greville must have been a very interesting person.  Adding this to the list for our next visit to London.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

IMG_1829.thumb.jpeg.0bb54ca1fab388091a9e00c4b8b8bd1a.jpeg

Happy cruise day!!!!!

Bon Voyage! I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to your updates.  We board two weeks from today with @jmh2006 on the Southern itinerary of Labadee, Aruba and Bonaire.  
It’s been a busy week packing and preparing for our upcoming trip.  We leave Monday, first stop is Atlantic City for the night.  Then on to Chapel Hill NC to visit my 89 year old great aunt.  It’s just a little off course of the  I-95 South route, but how many more chances might we have to see her?  We’ll spend the night there, then on to FL visiting Jacksonville Beach and Anna Maria Island before our S2S cruises on Allure and Adventure. Last up will be 4 nights at Old Key West in Disney before heading home.  Three and a half weeks in total so I feel like I’m packing for all four seasons.  At least driving we don’t have to worry about saving luggage space.  
I’m sorry to read about the injuries to family members. I hope all are in the mend soon!

@Sea Dog I’m glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope you’re still relatively pain free.  How very sad that your Chiefs celebration was marred by yet another awful shooting. 

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Bon Voyage! I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to your updates.  We board two weeks from today with @jmh2006 on the Southern itinerary of Labadee, Aruba and Bonaire.  
It’s been a busy week packing and preparing for our upcoming trip.  We leave Monday, first stop is Atlantic City for the night.  Then on to Chapel Hill NC to visit my 89 year old great aunt.  It’s just a little off course of the  I-95 South route, but how many more chances might we have to see her?  We’ll spend the night there, then on to FL visiting Jacksonville Beach and Anna Maria Island before our S2S cruises on Allure and Adventure. Last up will be 4 nights at Old Key West in Disney before heading home.  Three and a half weeks in total so I feel like I’m packing for all four seasons.  At least driving we don’t have to worry about saving luggage space.  
I’m sorry to read about the injuries to family members. I hope all are in the mend soon!

@Sea Dog I’m glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope you’re still relatively pain free.  How very sad that your Chiefs celebration was marred by yet another awful shooting. 

Have a wonderful cruise @Tree_skier!  Keep the ship in "ship-shape" for us!!!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

🥵   annoying, right?

They are just saying Hint Hint, book another cruise.😁

We are on the Equinox March 4 and I looked port timetables to see if our ships would be neighbors at any port, but no such thing! We could have said hello or had a cold drink.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a safe drive and wonderful cruises! Would love to see pictures.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just saw a British film from 2019 called Yesterday.I highly recommend it especially if you are a fan of the Beatles .

It is on Prime .

It's a very enjoyable movie.

I watched "13 Lives" on Prime, the true story about the boys soccer team that was trapped in a cave for 18 days when it was flooded in Thailand.  Movie had some interesting details related to the rescue attempt that I either forgot or didn't know about. Don't want to say too much more as to not ruin it for anybody.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

More white stuff coming tonight.   One local station says 3 to 5 inches but a site online says 5 to 8 inches.    At least I have off tomorrow

Fortunately, , this storm is staying to the south of me. Only a minor dusting tonight.  Enjoy the stay at home snow day, at least the mailboxes will be safe 😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just saw a British film from 2019 called Yesterday.I highly recommend it especially if you are a fan of the Beatles .

It is on Prime .

Is that the one where he has an accident and wakes up in an alternative universe where nobody has ever heard of the Beatles.  Love that film, great actor

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am now getting the advertisements that folks were talking about yesterday.

I'm getting random adverts. If I click on the x it says ads by google

• Like 1

Just now, sgmn said:

Is that the one where he has an accident and wakes up in an alternative universe where nobody has ever heard of the Beatles.  Love that film, great actor

Yes,it is .The Beatles in my opinion had the greatest influence in music and anyone who doubts that should see this movie.The lead actor sang every song in the movie to perfection.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for posting this.  Micheline loves visiting estates, and this looks like a great place to visit.  Margaret Greville must have been a very interesting person.  Adding this to the list for our next visit to London.

We've been National Trust members for years but realised we were hardly ever using it and there are loads of properties and beauty spots near us that they own. So we're making a big effort to visit somewhere at least once a week. This time of year we feel happy leaving molly in the car after a good long walk whilst we look at the property, we wouldn't do that if it was warm. She'll have to be left with my son or we just won't visit the properties, just walk in the grounds

Some of the properties don't open until the spring. The NT app is a good resource.   They also have holiday cottages available on a lot of the estates and you get to enjoy the grounds after the visitors have gone home

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's a very enjoyable movie.

I watched "13 Lives" on Prime, the true story about the boys soccer team that was trapped in a cave for 18 days when it was flooded in Thailand.  Movie had some interesting details related to the rescue attempt that I either forgot or didn't know about. Don't want to say too much more as to not ruin it for anybody.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is on Prime .

Saw both, and enjoyed both of them.  

• Like 1