Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes, you are correct. It's  call Harbor Town

HH.thumb.jpg.2504efd5509f2a7c43dd88430283e457.jpg

@Sea Dog

I was in Hilton Head only once, in Jan 2023. Actually, I stayed in Bluffton which is on the mainland across from Hilton Head Island. My BIL was staying there for the winter & I visited for 5 days.  However, most our time was spent at his rental house playing games & eating fabulous dinners as he's a fantastic cook.  During the days, we walked on the beach or at several nearby parks. Pickney Island National Wildlife Refuge and Sea Pines Forest Preserve. Not sure how your mobility issues will be but the walks were interesting, thru the swampy, Low Country. Didn't see any alligators as it was too cool for them to be active but did see a bald eagle or two. including their nest which are the size of a small condo.  Most of the walking was flat ground like the pic below or boardwalk-type sidewalk over the swampy parts.

HH2.thumb.jpg.db828172c51bb8fb0a567c4771ba50a1.jpg

As noted above, we did go to Harbour Town for a happy hour drink and watched the dolphin excursion boats return followed by a pod of dolphins looking for food. For the next hour, the dolphins frolicked in the marina and put of such a show, we didn't feel the need to actually pay to go on the actual excursion boat!  Thank you Flipper and friends!

Other than that, we did hit a few local breweries and I did treat my BIL and his wife to a nice dinner. I have to check my CC receipt to find the name of the restaurant.

I would have loved to visit on of the plantations or spend a day or two in Savannah but time did not allow. Next time.

Thank you for the tips. I have put those places on my list. We are planning on spending a full day in Savannah.

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Dear Dani,  I wish you the happiest of birthdays and pray daily that peace comes to you in Israel soon!! Thank you for starting this thread filled with wonderful people and relationships 4 years ago!😘🎂🎉😊

+1 !!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow! I am not usually in awe of celebrities or famous people but if he got on my elevator I would be speechless. Great story.

Definitely fun running into Gino in the elevator, in past years I was in elevator with Steven Bishop who was strange , my favorite elevator person was BJ Thomas who shook everyone’s hand and was willing to take selfie with anyone who wanted to.  Going back to Gino he is a couple of pictures including part of me with Gino.

tonight’s concert with Don McLean was fabulous , each headliner does two concerts since theater can fit half of the passengers, so you either do a early concert and late dinner or late concert and early dinner, we always do a early concert . Some was not impressed with yesterday Don McLean and he didn’t sing “castles in the air” , after singing Vincent he said I didn’t play this yesterday then did that song . Finished with about a 15 minute version of American Pie , audience went nuts and he came repeating some of the choruses.

g

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Going back to Gino he is a couple of pictures including part of me with Gino.

He is still one cool dude! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Here are a couple of pictures of Pablo Cruise from yesterday, there concert was fabulous , we arrive in Aruba in a few minutes my knee is bothering me so I will stay on the ship wife has appointment to get her hair done and she most likely will walk around for a while. Tonight we see Ambrosia. We booked same suite for next year, some of guests next year is Kansas, the Guess Who, John Lodge and Mellisa Manchester.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for the tips. I have put those places on my list. We are planning on spending a full day in Savannah.

If you're looking for a good place for dinner in Savannah, I've heard several people recommend The Grey.  I haven't personally eaten there.  It's a James Beard award winner located in a former art deco Greyhound bus terminal.  It is described as innovative southern cooking using locally sourced ingredients.  Definitely check the menu first to see if it's your kind of thing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, George C said:

Here are a couple of pictures of Pablo Cruise from yesterday, there concert was fabulous , we arrive in Aruba in a few minutes my knee is bothering me so I will stay on the ship wife has appointment to get her hair done and she most likely will walk around for a while. Tonight we see Ambrosia. We booked same suite for next year, some of guests next year is Kansas, the Guess Who, John Lodge and Mellisa Manchester.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good morning George from the beyond docked in Aruba today as well!  Your cruise sounds amazing seeing all of those musicians.  I just told my husband I should be on it!  What are the dates next year and which ship??

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Good morning George from the beyond docked in Aruba today as well!  Your cruise sounds amazing seeing all of those musicians.  I just told my husband I should be on it!  What are the dates next year and which ship??

Same ship Celebrity Summit almost same date March 15, 2025 , you may see some of our artists walking around, I am sure some will leave the ship to make room for some others arriving.

Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone 

• Like 5

Yom Huledet Sameach, Dani, a very Happy Birthday.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

Dani shares a birthday with a very special young lady, my granddaughter who just turned 11.  Time just seems to melt away.  Here she is in her daddy's helmet all those years ago.  He's a volunteer firefighter. 

image.thumb.png.a0cf31bdaded214d4856a314ca68bf0b.png

• Like 23

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani shares a birthday with a very special young lady, my granddaughter who just turned 11.  Time just seems to melt away. 

Happy birthday to your granddaughter!🎉🎉🎂🎂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani shares a birthday with a very special young lady, my granddaughter who just turned 11.  Time just seems to melt away.  Here she is in her daddy's helmet all those years ago.  He's a volunteer firefighter. 

Happy Birthday to your grand. She looks like a tiny doll in the helmet. So sweet.🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yom Huledet Sameach, Dani, a very Happy Birthday.  May all your birthday wishes come true.

That is a cute pic!  Happy birthday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1