Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We watched the hour special before the game.  It was really cool how the teams entered through the corn rows.  I was getting emotion with Kevin Costner's speech.   Eric is watching the game.  I was more interested in the pregame show.

I'm rooting for the Sox to win!

They used over 11,000 rods to keep the corn straight.  It is a beautiful field.  I told DH he needs to start mowing the acreage to look like that.  LOL.  Go Sox!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

They used over 11,000 rods to keep the corn straight.  It is a beautiful field.  I told DH he needs to start mowing the acreage to look like that.  LOL.  Go Sox!

I heard that too in the broadcast. They had damaged stocks from a wind storm so the farmer straightened them all up with zip ties for the MLB over a few days. That’s pride. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

Yankees 8-7 unreal !!

They just interviewed that Bull Pen pitcher for the Sox too, I guess he wasn't in the right frame of mind to pitch ..

I never did like those in-game interviews.  I know , I know it's for TV .

4-run top of the 9th  inning for Yankees

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I heard that too in the broadcast. They had damaged stocks from a wind storm so the farmer straightened them all up with zip ties for the MLB over a few days. That’s pride. 

stalks*

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting on a plane for the first time in more than 1.5 years early tomorrow to fly to Buffalo.  Not looking forward to wearing a mask again for 5 hours but I'll survive.  My nephew is getting married this weekend.  I'll be able to get my fix for wings and beef on weck...the real kind, not the stuff that they serve in the Park Cafes.  I might also need to have a Labatt Blue for my Canadian friends here.  Maybe even an Extra Stock if I can find one.

No Genesse Cream Ale?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That had to be some job. 

• Like 2

There were few questions on what was the name of the food from my day 2 hotel stay:

20210808_085022.thumb.jpg.9306d407bf537c6d8388b73d89fd1fa1.jpg

Here's the official name:

20210812_073116.thumb.jpg.a1c17731f1b143ec6f6831f7f5f29c24.jpg

This is available everyday we've been here, but the ingredients are somewhat different daily. 

I didn't take picture of the ingredients for day 2, but I think it's similar as day 6 of this picture. 

Given my hectic vacation schedule  (up daily before 7 AM to reserve space for the virtual queue of Disney parks) and spending all day there , I'm running 4 days behind in my trip report compared to real time. I'll probably be at day 3 of the report by time I return home so there's a lag. But if there are any questions on the hotel, just let me know.

20210812_073113.jpg

• Like 4

Continuing with day 2 - After breakfast at hotel, we went to Costco to get food for the rest of the vacation. 

Wait, did he say Costco? Why would he go to Costco while on vacation at Disneyland? The question will be answered later on.

Anyway, this particular Costco had the food court outside instead of inside like the design of the more modern Costco. That tells me this was probably once upon a time a Price Club before Costco bought them. Price Club used to have their food courts outside such that anyone can buy the $1.50 hot dog/drink without going inside or even being a member. 

I was a legacy Price Club member pre merger and had my membership moved over to Costco post merger.

20210808_104152.thumb.jpg.5d6cc9ab4a7ea53de1e6ec41bad6e4f6.jpg

Anyway,  while there, we adopted a new member of the family.

If you never watched Mandalorian show, then never mind as this has no significance to you. But to all the people that were snatching this baby up in their carts that day, many people love the Child just like us.

20210808_111900.thumb.jpg.1bd3159f987d0f3909977998104706f7.jpg

Also got this as I have never seen this being sold at the bay area Costco:

20210808_110244.thumb.jpg.2fffee1e5afaa83792726dfcd585106e.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think they are egg bites with spinach and bacon.

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My "bet" is on small quiche with spinach.... 😉

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm thinking a small spinach quiche??

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

That makes sense. Spinach would look black in a photo. 

@harryfat1

... and the gold goes to ....   @Keksie

silver for all the others 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

As I finish packing for our car trip to WDW in Florida, I have been watching the weather channel and hoping Fred behaves.  

Years ago I used to date a man called Fred.  That did not work out.  After him I met the man of my dreams and this past Tuesday we celebrated our 30th. wedding anniversary.  Yup it was fun driving home from Columbus in a car on our anniversary.

We originally planned to be on the Allure starting this weekend, but cancelled with all the cruise uncertainty at that time  and booked Disney.

The drive this weekend could be wet and wild, but "It is what it is".

We are getting up at OMG 3am. to be on the road by 4am.

Hopefully make it to Georgia where we booked a room for the night.

Growing up our family always did car trips, me and my brothers were the back seat drivers and Mom and Dad up front.

We used to take a cooler and had water, pop and sandwiches at rest areas for lunch to save time and money.

Well, reliving my childhood memories.

I have ice ready to put in the cooler.

Sandwiches will be made and ready to go.

A snack bag of unhealthy treats.

Water and pop chillin.

Suitcases almost ready.

If my phone behaves I will attempt to post some of our travels.

Pray for safety.

• Like 15

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

As I finish packing for our car trip to WDW in Florida, I have been watching the weather channel and hoping Fred behaves.  

Years ago I used to date a man called Fred.  That did not work out.  After him I met the man of my dreams and this past Tuesday we celebrated our 30th. wedding anniversary.  Yup it was fun driving home from Columbus in a car on our anniversary.

We originally planned to be on the Allure starting this weekend, but cancelled with all the cruise uncertainty at that time  and booked Disney.

The drive this weekend could be wet and wild, but "It is what it is".

We are getting up at OMG 3am. to be on the road by 4am.

Hopefully make it to Georgia where we booked a room for the night.

Growing up our family always did car trips, me and my brothers were the back seat drivers and Mom and Dad up front.

We used to take a cooler and had water, pop and sandwiches at rest areas for lunch to save time and money.

Well, reliving my childhood memories.

I have ice ready to put in the cooler.

Sandwiches will be made and ready to go.

A snack bag of unhealthy treats.

Water and pop chillin.

Suitcases almost ready.

If my phone behaves I will attempt to post some of our travels.

Pray for safety.

I remember those road trips.  We’d leave home in Indiana early in the morning and stop just south of Atlanta for the night.  Then on to Fort Pierce where my grandparents lived.  They had a 2 bedroom trailer so I got the couch.  We’d usually go for thanksgiving.  The trailer park had a carry in dinner for thanksgiving.  Imagine 40 grandmothers making their specialty.  What a great meal.  Often I’d be the only child there, so I was really pampered.  Great memories!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like that would have been neat.

We did something like that after a B2B cruises( Pacific Coastal Cruises followed by an Alaska Cruise)

After getting off the ship in Vancouver we rented a car and drove to St. Helens , Oregon and stayed at the "Twilight Swan House for 3 nights.

You can rent the house on AirBnB

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28942373?source_impression_id=p3_1628820735_EIPFtHL3SclGc4JU

Really neat to have slept in Bella's Room 🙂

We also drove around the different areas where the film was shot. It was an awesome way to end 18  nights on the cruises.

The house went up for sale and a couple bought it(Amber and  Dean)...If I remember right the cost wasn't crazy high either for when they bought the house...........They did a few repairs and when they got it ready to rent, Every month sold out, I'm sure they paid for it in full before Covid hit........I think we were there in 2017...........looks like now because of Covid it's not rentable right now though.

My wife and I still talk about that vacation to this day. Actually she want to go there again someday............She is a huge Twilight fan !!

Then we flew home from Portland , Oregon Airport (PDX)

That sounds like an amazing trip!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric watched the game.  I watched white lotus then watched the last 2 innings with him.  Was a great game!  Glad to Sox won🎆

Do they have any other planned games in the Field of Dreams?

I didn’t like the ending but cool game , some of the tickets sold for over a thousand, would be nice to have this as a annual event. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Given my hectic vacation schedule  (up daily before 7 AM to reserve space for the virtual queue of Disney parks)

We have done the virtual queue at Disney World for Star Wars.  When they first started the virtual queue you had to be in Hollywood Studio park for it to work. We would get to the park at 6:15 am for a chance to get on the ride.  It was nice when they made it so you can do it from your room.  Do they do the virtual queue for other rides now?

I just came back from Ottawa. My daughter had a baby shower, hosted by her mother-in-law. I was a surprise addition- my daughter wanted me there, but felt that it was an unreasonable request. My husband disagreed, so about 10 days before the shower I booked tickets! My son in law and his mom knew I was coming, but we didn’t tell Amanda. Here I am with the presents!C6C0690F-3A80-4333-BBF2-38C7E2F529C7.thumb.jpeg.5b6e82c3659d3e1783161171522f44f3.jpegT

I did a lot of laundry, washed dishes and did what I could to make it easier for her for a few days. I’ll be back next month for the birth.
There also puppies- so many puppies. Amanda’s German Shepherd had 8 puppies. They are adorable, but so much work! If anyone in the Ottawa area wants a puppy…3E4D6B6C-A0D3-4702-B232-D396B0F1260F.thumb.jpeg.4d2e9054208974d5aebfbe64dc865dd7.jpega

5FAF13AE-2C00-4C8F-AAA2-BD2AD64FCB6D.jpeg

• Like 19