Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Thanksgiving from Bucks County!

That's horrible to hear about Anthem.  What's happening?

There have been some covid rumors about passengers and crew members and cancelled shows on the main boards. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!!

To add my Macy's parade stories, my sister in law used to work for the company that supplied the gas to fill the balloons.  Their headquarters were less than an hour outside the city and they provided busses for their employees and families to go see the balloons being blown up on Wednesday nights.  We went along with them for many years, cold but a great way to kickoff the holidays, and so easy to get in and out if the city.

We ordered in this year as it was just the 2 of us.  A local restaurant provided a full turkey and all the fixings including a pumpkin pie.  Picked it all up yesterday and just had to reheat today.  Took over an hour but still much easier than doing it all myself.  No pics but it was yummy and now we have leftovers, one reason we don't like to out for our meal.  Kids do Thanksgiving with their in laws so we get Christmas, sad not to see them but so looking forward to Xmas this year, hoping things don't get bad and mess it all up.

• Like 7

Totally stuffed , just put leftovers in freezer have three meals for the two of us when we get back from our cruise, I refuse to go to a restaurant because I want the stuffing with my father’s recipe, we did stop by our favorite restaurant to listen to music around noon after our Covid test . 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Forgot to take a “before” picture.  It was just the two of us so we made Paul Prudhomme’s Shrimp Diane.  How can you go wrong with shrimp, garlic, butter, mushrooms….and crusty French bread?  As for the “after” picture…that would be polished clean bowls…

image.thumb.jpeg.c77ab7d437f68941f28104dc87ec3170.jpeg

That looks soooooo good. I love sautéed mushrooms.  Add garlic and shrimp, 🤩 Sounds so good.  Then add some great bread 🤯 This is going on the must try list.  
Even though it was only the two of us we cooked a bunch since the original plan was dining for 14!  We cooked then made delivery to two of the families who truly enjoyed. The 3rd family is 2 hours away.  Since we had so much and I sous vide the turkey, we will have second  big food delivery tomorrow.  Today the main was Ham.  Tomorrow I will finish the turkey and deliver.  That’s one of the big pluses to sous vide cooking.  Leaves plenty of flexibility.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, George C said:

Good morning 36 now but will be about 80 when we land in Ft Lauderdale, tomorrow we sail on Allure 8 day cruise eastern Caribbean, this is my 71st cruise, still have hope for my royal up bids , but we have our normal grand suite booked . 

Which ports are you going to? I have Allure booked for 8 nights in January. I'm really interested in reading your impressions of your week. Will you have a thread or just post to us here?

Safe travels.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which ports are you going to? I have Allure booked for 8 nights in January. I'm really interested in reading your impressions of your week. Will you have a thread or just post to us here?

Safe travels.

They changed our ports , now we have

St Thomas, St Maarten 

San Juan and coco cay 

I will do a little posting , but will be happy to answer any questions.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We enjoyed Thanksgiving yesterday, with a little bit of luck.  Since it was just the 2 of us this year, Micheline bought a capon.  I'd never heard of it but it was tasty.  It's a castrated male chicken that looks like a small turkey.  The lucky part was that when she took the cooked capon out of the oven, the oven started beeping and displaying an F96 error code.  A quick search revealed that there was a problem with a cooling fan and the oven will not work until it's fixed (so that the electronics don't overheat).  Fortunately, we have a counter top Breville oven that we used for everything else that still needed oven time.  Otherwise, we would have been trying to bake things in an outdoor grill.

And then we got to watch the Bills easily beat the Saints.  I can't figure out my Bills this year.  What a rollercoaster ride.  I just hope that they are up for the Pats next week, and that Tre White isn't hurt too badly.

• Like 7

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.    Lots of food and delicious food.    I always make my Nana's stuffing recipe for holidays.   My Brother made mashed sweet potatoes.    We put our Sons to work on making the spaetzle.    My SIL made a peach and blueberry tart and a key lime pie that were all delicious.     I will post some photos when I get on my phone (on laptop now). 

Was a beautiful day 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We enjoyed Thanksgiving yesterday, with a little bit of luck.  Since it was just the 2 of us this year, Micheline bought a capon.  I'd never heard of it but it was tasty.  It's a castrated male chicken that looks like a small turkey.  The lucky part was that when she took the cooked capon out of the oven, the oven started beeping and displaying an F96 error code.  A quick search revealed that there was a problem with a cooling fan and the oven will not work until it's fixed (so that the electronics don't overheat).  Fortunately, we have a counter top Breville oven that we used for everything else that still needed oven time.  Otherwise, we would have been trying to bake things in an outdoor grill.

And then we got to watch the Bills easily beat the Saints.  I can't figure out my Bills this year.  What a rollercoaster ride.  I just hope that they are up for the Pats next week, and that Tre White isn't hurt too badly.

Question about the Beville Oven , you have, is it the kind that has heating elements on the top and bottom so you can cook homemade pizza in. Looking to maybe buy one for a Christmas gift. How hot does your oven get?

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Being from the northern suburbs of Buffalo, a place called Toronto, I am also a big fan of the Bills. It sure is a Jekyll and Hyde team this year, one game looking like the Tampa Bay Lightning and a week later looking like, well, the Buffalo Sabres. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Being from the northern suburbs of Buffalo, a place called Toronto, I am also a big fan of the Bills. It sure is a Jekyll and Hyde team this year, one game looking like the Tampa Bay Lightning and a week later looking like, well, the Buffalo Sabres. 😉

I will be bringing a couple Buffalo bills tank tops and golf shirts on my cruise,last nights game was very enjoyable, loved meeting Doug Flutie on a cruise about a decade ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I will be bringing a couple Buffalo bills tank tops and golf shirts on my cruise,last nights game was very enjoyable, loved meeting Doug Flutie on a cruise about a decade ago. 

Doug Flutie was a fun quarterback to watch. I got to see him play in both Toronto and Buffalo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Question about the Beville Oven , you have, is it the kind that has heating elements on the top and bottom so you can cook homemade pizza in. Looking to maybe buy one for a Christmas gift. How hot does your oven get?

It does have top and bottom elements and has a pizza setting, although we've never used it.  We use it mostly for toasting, air frying (works great for fries/tots), occasional baking/roasting, and reheating.  Highest temp is supposed to be 480F according to the specs.  We like it a lot.  Here's the specific model:

the Smart Oven™ Air Fryer Pro • Breville

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Have you already seen this Bills tweet welcoming back the Canadian fans?  Love it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have you already seen this Bills tweet welcoming back the Canadian fans?  Love it.

I had not seen that. Not much of a Twitter user. 

The perfect Fall weekend used to be finding out the Leafs were playing the Sabres in Buffalo on a Saturday night and the Bill were in town the same weekend. My brothers and I would buy tickets to both games as soon as the schedules came out and our wives knew better than to schedule anything else for us that weekend - we were gone! 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, helen haywood said:

How can you go wrong with shrimp, garlic, butter, mushrooms….and crusty French bread?  

You can't go wrong with that amazing looking dish. I am sure it tasted as good as it looks.

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

Our turkey.

1495121224_Thanksgiving2021.thumb.jpeg.de2b52299c48a251c67dd28510e1c233.jpeg

Nice looking turkey. Beautiful color. I am sure it was wonderful.

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had a great Thanksgiving lunch today.It was the first time that we did not have a holiday dinner.I am stuffed from non stop eating.I had fun playing with my two 4 legged grand kids.

Glad you had a great day. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

Good morning 36 now but will be about 80 when we land in Ft Lauderdale, tomorrow we sail on Allure 8 day cruise eastern Caribbean, this is my 71st cruise, still have hope for my royal up bids , but we have our normal grand suite booked . 

I'm jealous. I just got back and I'm ready to go back out to sea. Have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

We both just tested negative (at home eMed tests) and after breakfast are driving to Florida!!!  Sunday on the Edge!!!

Isn't that a great feeling? Congratulations and have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.    Lots of food and delicious food.    I always make my Nana's stuffing recipe for holidays.   My Brother made mashed sweet potatoes.    We put our Sons to work on making the spaetzle.    My SIL made a peach and blueberry tart and a key lime pie that were all delicious.     I will post some photos when I get on my phone (on laptop now). 

Was a beautiful day 

Sounds like a winner of a dinner.

• Like 3

So the day after Thanksgiving what do we do? 

I am brining our own turkey to have our traditional Thanksgiving meal on Saturday. After going to Linda's cousin's house for Thanksgiving I thought their turkey tasted awful. They bought a smoked turkey already cooked from a very expensive country club they belong to. The turkey looked and tasted like ham. If it weren't for seeing the bird with the legs I would of thought I was eating ham. It even had the same color. All you turkey experts out there is this normal?  I have never tasted a turkey that tasted like ham. Very strange. The stuffing was also horrible and the gravy was just a plain white chicken gravy no turkey gravy. I did not complain since I was happy to be invited and was glad to not be cooking.

So Linda and I will do our turkey just the way we like it. Turkey, traditional stuffing, mashed potatoes with egg noodles on top. Should be good.

• Like 4

We had all the usual Turkey day stuff and that is what we all were afterward, STUFFED.

After a cutthroat game of Uno we called it a night and waddled home.  My daughter-in-law did a fantastic job of cooking.  I added greenbean casserole. Bread stuffing, meat stuffing and apple pie and pumpkin bread.  

• Like 5