Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

Ahh she is so adorable.  Looks like love at first sight for everyone.  How precious💕

Excited to see her homecoming.  She is one lucky little girl.

• Like 3

While looking at cruises to switch with Anthem, we are going to do 2 instead of one longer cruise.

DH is seriously interested in the Harmony sailing for 1/9. New ship for us, and we love the Oasis class, and Grease!!!!!!!!!!! Greeeeeease!!!!!!!! OMG! 💖
And two more plusses...going out of PC so no 3 hr drive to FLL (we will be in Orlando) and I saw Pat (and Bucky) on the roll call for the 1/9.👍
And one more: The price is (absolutely) right!!!!!😁

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

While looking at cruises to switch with Anthem, we are going to do 2 instead of one longer cruise.

DH is seriously interested in the Harmony sailing for 1/9. New ship for us, and we love the Oasis class, and Grease!!!!!!!!!!! Greeeeeease!!!!!!!! OMG! 💖
And two more plusses...going out of PC so no 3 hr drive to FLL (we will be in Orlando) and I saw Pat (and Bucky) on the roll call for the 1/9.👍

LOL I found this quote that I never acted on.  Apparently, I wanted to add something but now I can't for the life of me think of what it was.  Apologies to Arzeena 😔

I wish there is a way to delete quotes before having to hit Submit Reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

LOL I found this quote that I never acted on.  Apparently, I wanted to add something but now I can't for the life of me think of what it was.  Apologies to Arzeena 😔

There is. Place your cursor below the box containing the quote and then tap the back space button. The quote will disappear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I need the tv on also.  I guess all the years sleeping with my transistor radio under my pillow conditioned me🙂

LOL. I had a crystal radio and ear plug attached to my aluminum window frame and listened to talk radio every night to go to sleep. The host was Ira Blue. I don't know if he was local or national. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Your worries, which are very real, eclipse 99% of mine. 
There is no answer for them, either, except to follow my husband’s advice, which doesn’t work for me. 
He always says “Don’t worry about anything you have no control over”.

Easier said than done. 

I agree that @dani negreanuworries are so much worse than mine. Wish I had words of wisdom, but recently I'm trying to take your husbands attitude a bit more.  My husbands attitude is very much like yours. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Sometimes reading online newspapers make you feel worse as it's all doom and gloom. 

I try to keep to two online sites, The BBC News and The Times but think even those I should scale back on. 

Keep smiling Dani and count your blessings  instead of sheep,  as the song says 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Coming soon hopefully on December 23rd, Meet our newest family member,

Elizabeth or "Lizzy" as we will call her.

Beautiful, there's nothing like a puppy on the family . And good reason to go on  long walks every day in your retirement 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Sometimes reading online newspapers make you feel worse as it's all doom and gloom. 

I try to keep to two online sites, The BBC News and The Times but think even those I should scale back on. 

We don't really watch or read any news (other than Micheline watching CBS Sunday Morning...if you can call that news).  It's just too depressing and stressful.  I don't know if burying my head in the sand is a better answer, but there is some definite truth in the saying "ignorance is bliss".

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I was looking forward to meeting you on anthem but switching to harmony sounds like a great plan.   Royal should be able to transfer funds from anthem to your harmony sailing.    Hopefully we will meet on a future sailing.  🤩

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Well, finally pulled the plug this afternoon on a Vinyl Gazebo. We have talked about getting one even when we lived in NJ.

659721724.jpg

Beautiful gazebo.  You have the perfect yard for this too!   Love that it has a swing.  That's great that delivery will be so quick too!🤩

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I need the tv on also.  I guess all the years sleeping with my transistor radio under my pillow conditioned me🙂

Me too, I need tv on also.

Eric falls asleep easy but then he wakes up about 4 hours later and has a rough time falling back to sleep.  His Doc said it is common due to prednisone and tacrilumus he has to take.  Does Charlie have that problem?

I have been On SS for a couple years and in a few short weeks I will be hitting the Milestone of 

65 years young.

Now for me, yea I am getting old.

But life goes on.

Early in my nursing career,  I was employed by a private not for profit hospital run by the nuns, and you had to work 10 years to be vested for retirement.

I wanted to leave in year 6 to start anesthesia school, but every one talked me out of it, because I would forfeit my pension. So I stayed a few months after my 10 years.

I kept all the papers that confirmed I earned a pension.

Over the years more papers, because the pension was moved from one site to another.

When I became a nurse anesthetist I tried to move this early pension to my 401K because that is where the money making would be.

They  could not, saying it was locked in and you cannot move.

So after many trial and errors, attorneys and investment companies, the answer was always not going to happen.

So low and behold, 2 months ago, I was sent an access code to log in on line to fill out a basic form to start collecting that pension.

28 pages later, all those papers I kept, came in handy.

So starting in January of 2022 I will be getting direct deposit from the nunnery hospital a total of $265 a month after taxes.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have left sooner.

Now mind you, it is money that I will gladly take, but I cannot imagine how people back then were able to survive on Hospital pensions.

Thank God I was able to max out my 401K, when the returns were worth it.

That is why we are glad our DD is maxing out hers as she is early in her career.

Take care

• Like 7

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline has to listen to the sound of the TV.  She puts on the ID Channel to watch detective stuff like Joe Kendra.  She says that puts her to sleep for some reason.  For me, I close my eyes and am out cold within a couple of minutes, no matter what's happening around me.

Stephen Covey, author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (and other books) captured this idea in his 3 circles.  Focus on the circle of control...what you can directly change.  Let go of the circle of concern...what we cannot control or influence.

Circle of concern v Circle of control – Discovery in Action

This is EXACTLY why I don't even want to consider getting a new dog right now.  One look at a puppy like Lizzy and it would be over.  No way I could ever say no to that.

We had a seminar at work "sphere of influence".  Very similar and very interesting.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is. Place your cursor below the box containing the quote and then tap the back space button. The quote will disappear.

Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No apologies needed. 🥰

But I really do want to hear your 2 cents, so post if you remember.😁

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was looking forward to meeting you on anthem but switching to harmony sounds like a great plan.   Royal should be able to transfer funds from anthem to your harmony sailing.    Hopefully we will meet on a future sailing.  🤩

Yesssss! 🤞 to meeting on a future sailing.

How Royal transfered the sailing is a saga. DH was 6.5 hours on the phone lst evening. All done at 1 am.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

Jumping ship finalized:

We jumped ship and will give the Anthem a break small break.

We will go on the Harmony and then the Reflection. Not S2S since there are 3 days between.

Take asprin before you read this:

Transfered the Anthem reservation to the Harmony. What a saga since the previous reservation involved FCCs and remnants of FCCs from I do not know where, LnS, TA's royal screw up, Royal taking over the reservation from the TA, FCCs applied disappearing and us owing final payment, adding more small amounts of FCCs.....you get the gist. Royal confusion. A 6.5 hour phone call, two revenue people and a couple of supervisors later, everything was accounted for and it was resolved. I have to give credit to this one supervisor from Guatemala, who we were lucky to connect with who resolved it,. Father of patience and he saw us through, while all other supervisors could not make out anything. THAT confusing. Gives me a headache just re reading my post.

Ended well, so very thankful and appreciative🙏

• Like 13

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@island lady I got the SS application completed today.  Thanks for your input.  Now I need patience while waiting for approval.

Great to see y’all back to cruising.  Isn’t it so nice to walk out on the balcony and enjoy.  May your journey be safe and full of joy.  If the internet allows, please share some pics.

You are most welcome!  So very happy to help!   Yes, I was "not so patiently" waiting on approval as well.  Ended up calling to see if there was a problem.  Very nice lady took a look at my application and told me everything was fine.  

Yes, loving being finally back out to sea!  😍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We owned for years at Orange Lake Resort, which has always been beautifully maintained, including the gorgeous landscaping. Then our kids and their kids grew up and don’t have as much time to spend.  We still own at Hilton Head, the mountains of Nirth Georgia, and a big bunch of Wyndham points. Bought Big Canoe in North Georgia in 1975!! Still a beautiful area. 

I still have the Vistana time share, but we sold the smaller one in Bonita Springs due to not enough time to use it.  Still finding many exchange places we are using, and points are decent with our 2/2 unit at Vistana.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We don't really watch or read any news (other than Micheline watching CBS Sunday Morning...if you can call that news).  It's just too depressing and stressful.  I don't know if burying my head in the sand is a better answer, but there is some definite truth in the saying "ignorance is bliss".

I never put it on TV and try not to read anything but the local news on my phone, for the same reasons- depressing & stressful. I am guilty of once in a while clicking on the news app on my phone & scrolling, but I realize more & more that all the alarmist headlines are just clickbait. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

OK so the quote disappeared but the box is still showing.  I wanted to delete the whole quote box, not just the quote.

I know I'm doing something wrong.  Why am I not surprised?

Make sure the cursor is not in the box. It has to be below it outside of the box. You might have to tap the back space button twice to get rid of the box.