Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I posted this on the Bella thread but thought I would post it here too.

Earlier John mentioned best Christmas song ever. I don't know if everyone knows this about me but I collect Christmas music as a hobby.

Ever since I was a kid I've loved Christmas music. I remember falling to sleep at Christmas time listening to the Christmas albums my mom and dad used to play every night. The Andy Williams album was my favorite.

I now have over 30,000 songs that I have collected which include the good, the bad and the ugly. For the past 17 years I have been making Christmas mix tapes and Cd's for friends and family of interesting Christmas songs that one may not hear all the time.

This year I have gone digital and made a Christmas mix that can be downloaded for your enjoyment if you like. I repurpose old album scans and I author under the name Greg's Swank Pad Lounge. I love the old 60's stuff.

1844949760_2021GregsSwankPadLoungePresentsChristmasInTheAirFront.thumb.jpg.bba5f375965e34c532892e308ec7ab70.jpg

So if you like Christmas music and want to listen to some new and old and some unique feel free to download unzip and play.

Here is the link. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oso6uml09bav2vn/2021 GREG'S SWANK PAD LOUNGE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS IN THE AIR MIX.zip?dl=0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.517683bdb0189de433ffc85c9372ed54.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4354bafba30b727af384c4fd386d6242.jpeg

Is that Trex decking? never needs painting or sanding, no splinters, no peeling?

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is that Trex decking? never needs painting or sanding, no splinters, no peeling?

Different brand but the flooring and steps are composite decking. That’s what we are looking forward to, low maintenance and no splinters!  The posts and the railings are treated wood.  Would of been nice to have it finished this week. It is forecast low 70’s all week.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Different brand but the flooring and steps are composite decking. That’s what we are looking forward to, low maintenance and no splinters!  The posts and the railings are treated wood.  Would of been nice to have it finished this week. It is forecast low 70’s all week.  

It looks very nice. I see that you still have real treated wood in AR. Ours is all CA compliant. :classic_rolleyes: Our friends did their deck railings like that. They used painted rebar for the spindles. They had to paint many, many of them. It is a very nice look. 

I love rebar. I have this strange fascination with rebar. It is comfortable in the hand and versatile. I use it for gopher probes and for staking things down or for plants. Just a quirk. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are making progress on the deck.  I think the original thought was to be finished by the end of next week.  Not seeing that happening.  They only work Monday through Thursday.  Maybe the week after.  They still need to roof and screen in the far side and replace the siding with faux rock.  They are doing a good job.

image.thumb.jpeg.01a1d16d6ee7e23c7f121b427e155439.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.517683bdb0189de433ffc85c9372ed54.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4354bafba30b727af384c4fd386d6242.jpeg

Beautiful!!  I love big open decks, and you are doing it right with that Trex type of decking.  Nice wood look color to it as well!  

Had that on our last dock when we lived in Merritt Island.  Lasts forever, and no upkeep on it.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, akcruz said:

@dani negreanu I too wake worrying about kids, grandkids, the world, but do not have the worries you do.  Saw this earlier, hard to do when there is little peace to be found,  but please know you are not alone.  Same goes for all the worriers out there.

Thank you. I really appreciate your kind words.

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

No news from Jane . I was thinking of her and her family, today. 

Jane ( @firefly333) usually posts on Bella's thread. I know that yesterday (Tuesday) was her dear dad funeral and she was dreading it...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Earlier John mentioned best Christmas song ever. I don't know if everyone knows this about me but I collect Christmas music as a hobby.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is Stevie Nick's version of Silent Night. I play in a contemporary music group in church and we do Stevie's version at Christmas.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just learned of this new youtube festive studios, hopefully this link posts ok.

You can watch live all the activities at the north pole with the elves, etc.  How cute this is

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCV6DmwkZvzxiDuVn1lsNRoA

I love this. This is so awesome and I am an adult.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just learned of this new youtube festive studios, hopefully this link posts ok.

You can watch live all the activities at the north pole with the elves, etc.  How cute this is

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCV6DmwkZvzxiDuVn1lsNRoA

Thanks for the link.  Just shared with the daughters so they can share with the Gkids. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you. I really appreciate your kind words.

Jane ( @firefly333) usually posts on Bella's thread. I know that yesterday (Tuesday) was her dear dad funeral and she was dreading it...

Actually the day went better than we could have hoped. The service with open casket and flag drape was held outside. It was about 75 degrees and mostly sunny. Everything went smoothly and the honor guard really added to everything. They did the 3 gun salute, did taps, and the flag folding ceremony where they presented the flag to my mom. Even the chairs were covered with a nice material with flags on it. The pastor did his talk about being a veteran and said he was a vist nam vet. My dad had been a vet from world war II. Everything went like clock work. We are glad its behind us as the service going well was worrisome but it could not have been nicer. 

We even got a huge spray of flowers saying beloved uncle, but they werent signed so now we have been guessing who sent them. We asked several who said no, so now mom thinks maybe my cousin who owns a flower shop. Mystery flowers. The weather was perfect and the service also perfect and behind us. Even the location was perfect. They said to set up the tent and chairs they needed more space and did it along a drive with lots of field behind, not right at the grave. I think not having to see the grave was easier on mom. .. and probably me too. I choose to not follow the casket to the grave and stayed with mom. Just watched from where the service was. Mom said she was able to eat later on last night her stomach knots were better. Mine too. Kudos to the american legion. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I completely agree. I've had some great conversations with locals while riding buses. We have ridden buses in Bermuda, St. Maarten, and other Caribbean islands. I really enjoy interacting with local folks.

We have also.  You see a lot of the islands this way.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

It looks very nice. I see that you still have real treated wood in AR. Ours is all CA compliant. :classic_rolleyes: Our friends did their deck railings like that. They used painted rebar for the spindles. They had to paint many, many of them. It is a very nice look. 

Thanks.  Wow, your friends had a lot of work doing that.  Just drilling the holes and placing in the spindles take a lot of time.  Glad they are not having to paint ours too.  They are looking better than I imagined.  Also looking safe for when the Grandkids are out there.  I will also enjoy quiet mornings again when they are done. 😂 They start at 7am outside our bedroom window 😴 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have also.  You see a lot of the islands this way.

We have used the public buses too, especially in St Maarten and Bermuda.  Very easy to get to Maho Beach on the bus.  Everyone says good morning when they get on the bus and the bus driver told us he would tell us when it was our stop and showed us the best spot to get a bus on the way back.  People even passed their fare from the back of the bus up to the driver, not something you would ever see on a bus in Boston!  In Bermuda, it is considered rude if you do not acknowledge the driver as you board and exit.  Everyone we encountered was very helpful telling us which bus to transfer to as we were making our way back from St George to get back to the Royal Dockyard.

• Like 8

Gazebo has been delivered. Amazing trailer they had for off loading it and placing it in the exact place we wanted. Because the back yard isn't level, they used concrete blocks and made it nice and level the best they could.

We will need to put a skirt(lattice) on the high side to make it look nice, Next spring we will be doing some landscaping around it.

The bench and the 2 peach trees you see to the right of the gazebo  are in memory of both mine and my wife parents who we lost back  3 of them in 2019. My Mother-inlaw passed back in 2009.

It will be nice to have the gazebo near the memorial for them all, they would have liked that.

Here are some pictures, we will be able to see the gazebo from our kitchen table, deck and from the sunroom.

Here are some pictures my wife took from the sunroom and a few other places.

20211201_094453.jpg

Resized_20211201_085339.jpeg

Resized_20211201_082846.jpeg

Resized_20211201_080509.jpeg

Resized_20211201_080052.jpeg

20211201_084449.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 18

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Gazebo has been delivered. Amazing trailer they had for off loading it and placing it in the exact place we wanted. Because the back yard isn't level, they used concrete blocks and made it nice and level the best they could.

We will need to put a skirt(lattice) on the high side to make it look nice, Next spring we will be doing some landscaping around it.

The bench and the 2 peach trees you see to the right of the gazebo  are in memory of both mine and my wife parents who we lost back  3 of them in 2019. My Mother-inlaw passed back in 2009.

It will be nice to have the gazebo near the memorial for them all, they would have liked that.

Here are some pictures, we will be able to see the gazebo from our kitchen table, deck and from the sunroom.

Here are some pictures my wife took from the sunroom and a few other places.

20211201_094453.jpg

Resized_20211201_085339.jpeg

Resized_20211201_082846.jpeg

Resized_20211201_080509.jpeg

Resized_20211201_080052.jpeg

20211201_084449.jpg

That looks nice.  When I saw the pic of the Gazebo sliding off the truck I thought if it was the first moment I looked out, it would of concerned me.   Enjoy 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks nice.  When I saw the pic of the Gazebo sliding off the truck I thought if it was the first moment I looked out, it would of concerned me.   Enjoy 

That trailer was crazy, it has a set of tires inbetween the outside ones you see that allows the trailer to shift sideways getting the gazebo exactly where you want it, could back down straigt to the spot because that tree on the other side of the trailer.

The gazebo was like on 4x4 runners, like a sled............so when picking it up they attach a chain to those runners and slide it right up onto there trailer.............then to take it off keep chains attached they lift up trailer and the weight of it slides it down off the trailer.

The guy said they can even move up to one of those 32ft pre-made sheds on that trailer..........They can extend part of the trailer that you are looking at........what you saw was only about 24ft of trailer, they could have loaded a whole another gazebo on it just like ours. 

Never looked unsafe as they were taking it off.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the day went better than we could have hoped.

So happy he got the proper send off. May he rest in peace and your family be at peace too.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Gazebo has been delivered.

Looks great. I'm sure you will spend some quality time there.

• Like 5