Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember that thread since it was the first Trainman thread I ever read.  So sad, especially when he wrote he would eat alone in the WJ, that nobody joined him or spoke to him.  Got me choked up. I was so happy he found happiness again with Judith.  RIP Trainman and Judith!

When is your Beyond cruise?

+1.

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When is your Beyond cruise?

Mine and Sue's ( @sgmn ) is on June 13rd, 2022. Counting and no counting the days....😢

Speaking of which -- next week the 4th jab (or the 2nd booster 😉) will be available for +60, "underlying issues" and medical teams.

We made tentative plans to visit Dubai in February, and I'll wait another month before the 4th jab. I went willingly for the 3rd jab... now.... IDK, the "intervals" keep getting closer and closer.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mine and Sue's ( @sgmn ) is on June 13rd, 2022. Counting and no counting the days....😢

Speaking of which -- next week the 4th jab (or the 2nd booster 😉) will be available for +60, "underlying issues" and medical teams.

We made tentative plans to visit Dubai in February, and I'll wait another month before the 4th jab. I went willingly for the 3rd jab... now.... IDK, the "intervals" keep getting closer and closer.

Which vaccine is it?  Was the 1st booster a full dose, is the 2nd booster a full or half dose?  With the Moderna it made sense to me to get the 1st booster since it was theorized that the first 2 shots were given too close together and the 3rd shot was better timing.  I don't know about a 4th shot within basically a year.  That might be a hard sell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Mu uncle was a bachelor fisherman who had lived his whole adult life in a Cornish fishing village. Apart from his two elderly sisters and us nieces and nephews he didn't have any relatives. The day after his funeral  one of his fishing pals took us in his boat out to sea and we scattered his ashes and  flowers on the waves.

The next year we arranged for a bench with a plaque on the Quay in Remembrance  and every year when we go down to Cornwall to see my cousins we meet at the bench, enjoy fish and chips and raise a cup of tea to our uncle 

Do you mind if I ask what village he lived in?

My grandmother took my mom and Aunt to her relative’s during the war to avoid the London raids.  When I was in my early teens my folks took my brother and I to England for two weeks and we spent a week in Cornwall.  

We stayed at the same relatives bed and breakfast.  We travelled across the countryside with my grandmother seeing her “stomping grounds” as a youth before she was married. I’d love to return one day. Beautiful countryside and amazing fish and chips. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Which vaccine is it?  Was the 1st booster a full dose, is the 2nd booster a full or half dose? 

Pfizer.

1/3/2021   - 1st jab.

1/24/2021 - 2nd jab.

Then, along came the Delta variant, and it was decided that the efficiency is completely lost after 6 months, so we got a 3rd dose

8/4/2021 - full booster dose. Basically, DH and me are now almost 5 months after the booster.

IDK, but I assume the 4th booster will also be a full dose. It's supposed to start next week, I'll update.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember reading about spreading ashes in one of Trainman2 posts [his 1st wife, Carol].

He said something along the lines that "you have to ask about it at the bridge, and they will advise you about winds directions, and when it is 'safe' to do it, without risking the ashes blowing back on you".

@George C

I remember that too.
It was if one wants a burial at sea. They take you somewhere on the lower decks, the Captain says a few words, sometimes someone says a prayer, and container is let go. Some times there is flowers thrown, sometimes a balloon or whatever. It is anextremely humbling experience, considering the fact that we go in dust or as dust. It is no joke. I believe some kind of paperwork is given, noting the longitude and latitude and such things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How nice you'll be on the same cruise as Sue.

A few minutes ago, Jack told me about Israel's 4th jab.  Israel continues to be in the forefront on vaccinating its residents.

So now there are 4 vaccines in approx. 9 months!!  Who knows when enough will be enough? I fear a new vaccine will be necessary with every subsequent variant.  I sure hope I'm wrong!

I have @A&L_OntAndrew's lemon chicken and rice dish baking nicely in the oven, even as I post.  So easy and smells so good. 😋

• Like 5

We are on pins and needles here.  My youngest granddaughter (11 months) started a low grade fever on Sunday with a very “boogie nose”.  My daughter took her to the pediatrician yesterday morning as a precaution, they did Covid & flu test.  Still no results.  Granddaughter is better tonight, no more fever.  We’re just anxious to know if they’ll be able to come here for Christmas Eve.  Two weeks ago, the 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter was sick (flu/strep/Covid negative) which turned out to be hand, foot & mouth virus.  Last week my daughter was sick (also strep/flu/Covid negative), they told her tonsillitis.  Both of those Covid results were back in just over 24 hours.  Definitely taking longer with all the additional testing going on now.
So 🤞🙏 for another negative test in that family!  There are lots of other things circulating out there besides Covid.   

• Like 13

2 hours ago, George C said:

She normally stays on a ship for a long period, we just missed her on summit a few years ago and was lucky to be on her sailing in July and she will take over the new ship in April. We loved the edge and read beyond has made improvements to retreat and other areas. 

George, I have never seen her on one ship for a long time, except the Edge. She stayed on the Edge for a long time due to the pandemic (to say it in one word). She will go back to normal on and off once everything smooths out. So don't be surprised. Celebrity Captains stay with one ship usually for three years (as told) during which they are on x number of months and and off x number of months. Follow her TikTok for any info on her on and off schedule, but I figure that will come out or be made known a long time from now.😁

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have @A&L_OntAndrew's lemon chicken and rice dish baking nicely in the oven, even as I post.  So easy and smells so good. 😋

Lisa says it should be “her’s”, unless you don’t like it.😉 Joking aside we both hope you enjoy it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are on pins and needles here.  My youngest granddaughter (11 months) started a low grade fever on Sunday with a very “boogie nose”.  My daughter took her to the pediatrician yesterday morning as a precaution, they did Covid & flu test.  Still no results.  Granddaughter is better tonight, no more fever.  We’re just anxious to know if they’ll be able to come here for Christmas Eve.  Two weeks ago, the 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter was sick (flu/strep/Covid negative) which turned out to be hand, foot & mouth virus.  Last week my daughter was sick (also strep/flu/Covid negative), they told her tonsillitis.  Both of those Covid results were back in just over 24 hours.  Definitely taking longer with all the additional testing going on now.
So 🤞🙏 for another negative test in that family!  There are lots of other things circulating out there besides Covid.   

So many of these things we just shrugged off before covid.  Now, every symptom provokes an "oh no!" reaction.  We are dealing with the same issues with our granddaughter and her family.  We long for the days when we said "no big deal, it's just a cold!"  One of these days, the fear will subside.

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you mind if I ask what village he lived in?

My grandmother took my mom and Aunt to her relative’s during the war to avoid the London raids.  When I was in my early teens my folks took my brother and I to England for two weeks and we spent a week in Cornwall.  

We stayed at the same relatives bed and breakfast.  We travelled across the countryside with my grandmother seeing her “stomping grounds” as a youth before she was married. I’d love to return one day. Beautiful countryside and amazing fish and chips. 

I did the same in Italy with my grandmother. I even saw the house that she was born in. Strangely, I felt a connection to the town as soon as we arrived. I was 12 years old on that first visit and didn't care if we never came back to the States.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!     Hopefully she will be able to be with you for Christmas.   

Shame she isn't able to get a test done on her own since she is a Nurse.     

Testing is a serious problem right now for many parts of the country.     

Last Thursday we scheduled covid tests for this Thursday at Walgreens since we will be spending Christmas with an elderly woman that lives in an assisted living facility and we want to make sure we will be safe to be with her.    

Out of curiousity I checked Walgreens site today and the 0 appointments available for next 7 days and CVS first available opening near me is Jan 3rd.     

We actually had booked 2 appts each knowing how some get canceled.  Well glad we did, our 1st were canceled because pharmacist was out sick.  On top of all the other stuff going on many pharmacies here are having troubles attracting and keeping pharmacists.  With the holidays coming lots of people are booking appts, most times multiple, just in case.  Sad world we are living in.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pfizer.

1/3/2021   - 1st jab.

1/24/2021 - 2nd jab.

Then, along came the Delta variant, and it was decided that the efficiency is completely lost after 6 months, so we got a 3rd dose

8/4/2021 - full booster dose. Basically, DH and me are now almost 5 months after the booster.

IDK, but I assume the 4th booster will also be a full dose. It's supposed to start next week, I'll update.

Wow, I was a bit on the fence about the first booster but did it. I don't know about another one any time soon.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That is what winter is about. Two years ago those symptoms wouldn't have caused anyone to even bat an eye. I hope the tests are negative and your Christmas goes as planned. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, I was a bit on the fence about the first booster but did it. I don't know about another one any time soon.

It is funny that this has come up as it was one of the questions that someone asked a doctor on the news tonight.  The question was from an immunocompromised person who had their booster almost six months ago and whether they will need a fourth shot.  The response was, quite possibly they would need it and to contact their physician.  We have had our boosters not quite a month and hadn't even considered there are those that are almost six months.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is funny that this has come up as it was one of the questions that someone asked a doctor on the news tonight.  The question was from an immunocompromised person who had their booster almost six months ago and whether they will need a fourth shot.  The response was, quite possibly they would need it and to contact their physician.  We have had our boosters not quite a month and hadn't even considered there are those that are almost six months.

I think I'm going to check my antibody levels in a couple of weeks and any future decisions on recommended booster may partly depend on changes in the level at that time. These short time frames are making me a bit skeptical, as I was when the vaccines were first introduced.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was on the fence too.  My thought was having Covid in July was my booster.  Wasn’t considering it until we booked for January.  I forgot about the option of checking my antibody levels.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa says it should be “her’s”, unless you don’t like it.😉 Joking aside we both hope you enjoy it. 

Lisa's it is!   This is not the first time I made it.  We totally, thoroughly enjoyed it!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

So can someone post LISA'S Lemon Chicken recipe please?😁

Oh good, I see Sheal beat me to it.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh my goodness, Mimi.  I hope you don't mind that I just laughed at this.  After my youngest brother Andrew passed away, we took his ashes to Penny Beach, which is on Staten Island, to the left of the Verrazzano Bridge.  My brother loved to hang out there...it's not really a beach, it has lots of big rocks against the water.  It was a breezy day, so my brother James (Andrew's twin) took a traffic cone, and turning it upside down, poured my brothers ashes into the Narrows. ❤️

My best friend who died from Covid in April ,2020 loved to go swimming in Coney Island .His wife brought his ashes to the beach that he loved so very much and entered his ashes into the water.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had first 2 pfizer shots March 2021.  Eric got his booster Oct. And just the other day received email from his transplant team to make sure he gets 4th booster 6 months after last one.

• Like 2