Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, as we say in Romanian "you get to know your 'merchandise' " 😉

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

Early afternoon we get a phone call from their cousin, asking if we've spoken with Hassia [SIL], since he wanted to congratulate her, and she is not answering her mobile and her landline. We told him that hubby spoke with her early in the morning.

Then we tried also to reach her -- no reply. Phoned her son, he said "I was just going to call her, since I have a trace on her phone, and noticed that it didn't move from early in the morning"...

Turns out she had a cerebral hemorrhage while entering the dry cleaners just mins after spoking with DH, they called an ambulance, saying her name, but since she left her bag in the car, the hospital didn't have any means to contact the family. The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

It happened 10 days before our son's wedding. I was all for postponing, but the Jewish tradition doesn't allow it. The happiness was mixed with sadness.

Dani, so sorry you have this sadness in your family.  

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's beautiful! I love Chart House restaurants.  Happy Birthday to your husband. They used to have Alaskan King Crab legs. :classic_biggrin: We still couldn't get any crab for New Year's. They were sold out. :classic_sad:

When the Chart House restaurant in Lake Tahoe was closed this past summer, during the fire and evacuations, bears broke into the kitchen. 

So, we will just snack on Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies. I made them last year, and they are very tasty. :classic_smile:

I was in Kroger yesterday and king crab legs were $49 per pound.  That is not a typo!

I put in a bag of store bought meatballs with some smokies in a crockpot , mix in a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce.  Slow cook for a few hours.  So delicious, everyone loves it.

@mets07Beautiful setting for your husband's birthday.  Fabulous view of "my town"!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, so sorry you have this sadness in your family.  

I was in Kroger yesterday and king crab legs were $49 per pound.  That is not a typo!

I guess if you have ever watched Deadliest Catch it is understandable, but not something I'd ever pay.

• Like 4

Hats off to our Dani who knew when the clean out her fridge and create this marvelous place of camaraderie, caring and laughter!!

Wishing all of you the most wonderful New Year filled with Happiness, Good Health and all of the wonderful blessings you each deserve.  Cheers!

New Year's Eve 2022 in Chicago | Find Ways to Celebrate | Choose Chicago

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yumm... margaritas and hot tub!

I can bring pork roll for breakfast😉

At this point, we might need life jackets for the hot tub.

We can get pork roll here, it's scrapple that is impossible to find in any grocery stores here.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hats off to our Dani who knew when the clean out her fridge and create this marvelous place of camaraderie, caring and laughter!!

Wishing all of you the most wonderful New Year filled with Happiness, Good Health and all of the wonderful blessings you each deserve.  Cheers!

New Year's Eve 2022 in Chicago | Find Ways to Celebrate | Choose Chicago

Thanks, don't mind if I do. This is mine, all mine. You guys have to get your own.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Occasionally AKCL's get down to $20/lb. and I will buy them then for legs and claws only. Dungeness crab season just started on Wednesday. $8.99/lb. for whole crabs before they are cleaned, and you toss everything except the legs and thighs and claws. They were sold out.  It is still about $30-$40 for two good sized crabs. But oh...so worth it. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I keep trying to multi quote the posts asking about the fires in CO and CC us giving me issues, so I’ll just post a single post. Luckily, we’re south of the fires so unaffected, but the wind is relentless. It Is snowing now though so the hope is that it will extinguish the fires in the north 🙏

When is the move trip to Florida?

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

June! Asap.

we’ve actually been discussing logistics a lot the last two days trying to determine how we’re going to get my car, his sports car, his truck and work trailer plus a Uhaul 🤣

we’ve got it pretty worked out tho

We used  https://www.uship.com/ to haul my Wife's car and my truck from NJ to Virginia, worked rather well. Pretty reasonable if you can find a hauler heading the way they are going with other loads.

You put out a request and the haulers bid on it.

We rented an RV from https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-rentals to get to Virginia with our pets.

Our vehicles got to our new house about 3 days after we arrived. Our cars were picked up in NJ at my  Sister and Brother-in-laws house.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

Looks scrumptious. I wish I was with you ! Happy New Year Graham.

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG-20211231-WA0007.jpg

Totally agree.

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Horrible news!     Betty White passed away today.    Such an amazing woman - RIP!

Just shy of her 100th birthday too!

Incredible actress, who is  a sister in my my union of SAG/Aftra/ RIP Betty.

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, as we say in Romanian "you get to know your 'merchandise' " 😉

The sad part of the "triple" celebration [taking into account my SIL birthday in the same day] is that the last time my SIL was "alive" was on Jan. 17th, 2016. That morning I woke up early and told DH: "may be, for a change, you'll congratulate Hassia, instead of her congratulating you first all those years". He looked at me and said, with a twinkle in his eyes: "I've just done that. I spoke with her a few minutes ago, she was in a hurry and will get back to me later"...

Early afternoon we get a phone call from their cousin, asking if we've spoken with Hassia [SIL], since he wanted to congratulate her, and she is not answering her mobile and her landline. We told him that hubby spoke with her early in the morning.

Then we tried also to reach her -- no reply. Phoned her son, he said "I was just going to call her, since I have a trace on her phone, and noticed that it didn't move from early in the morning"...

Turns out she had a cerebral hemorrhage while entering the dry cleaners just mins after spoking with DH, they called an ambulance, saying her name, but since she left her bag in the car, the hospital didn't have any means to contact the family. The doctors said straight away that there is no hope for recovery, but her daughter and son refused to accept it, so she is in a special hospital since then.

It happened 10 days before our son's wedding. I was all for postponing, but the Jewish tradition doesn't allow it. The happiness was mixed with sadness.

My heart is with you.

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I are gazing at NYC skyline from the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken New Jersey. We are celebrating his birthday and welcoming in 2022.

Happy New Year!!

20211231_165010.thumb.jpg.cca3348c0004e906aad46a01742d9948.jpg

I've eaten at the Chart House in San Diego. Very good, 

especially as  it was it on the company tab.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha and I wish everyone a Happy New Year.  I doubt we stay up till midnight. 

Happy New Year Samantha! 

6 hours ago, George C said:

Joebob will miss the Christmas tree in a couple of days he spends a couple of hours under it daily

We've has a hard time getting the babies out of underneath the tree.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, would like to add my New Year wishes to all of you. I'd also would like to thank you all for this little Oasis of a retreat from the snark of the main threads and the stesses of the outside world. Whatever your plans for the night, be safe.

IMG_7657.thumb.jpg.732bcd9b25c713d09db964220b1239b6.jpg

Totally agree with you. Thank you for the reason amongst the insanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

Graham.

IMG_20211231_174901.jpg

IMG_20211231_174725.jpg

We had something similar but cooked at home, a lovely juicy steak, bottle of wine and rented a movie to watch. Saw the New Year in watching the amazing Jules Holland Hootenanny. Amongst the many wonderful guests he had the ever youthful Lulu who looked and sounded so great 👍 

I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve and that your 2022 is happy and healthy 😊 

Thank you to Dani and all the regular contributers. Its my go to place when having my morning coffee. I love hearing what you all get up to.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

June! Asap.

we’ve actually been discussing logistics a lot the last two days trying to determine how we’re going to get my car, his sports car, his truck and work trailer plus a Uhaul 🤣

we’ve got it pretty worked out tho

If you're looking for someone to drive a sports car cross country,  I'm free all of June.   And I've got friends in Colorado  & all over Florida that I could stay with pre- & post- drive. It's a sign.😃

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2