Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was able to get an appointment today at a lab for her to have an antibody test done for $75 which will accomplish the same thing as having the positive PCR test.  Should have the results in 24-48 hours.

Let us know what the results are, even though they should be 100% positive.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, George C said:

I love both the ice and aqua shows on all rccl ships that have them , I am experiencing nyc withdrawals so went to the best Jewish deli in Dallas and bought pastrami, rye bread, chopped liver along with Cole slaw and potato salad, we will get several meals out of that. 

Cindi's, Deli News??  If there is another one, please let me know!

Central Market has pretty good rye bread. Their Carnegie (no longer in existence in NYC) pastrami is pretty good.

H-E-B, owners of Central Market will be coming to Plano soon, on Preston and Spring Creek.  I've heard good things about that food store.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Central Market has pretty good rye bread. Their Carnegie (no longer in existence in NYC) pastrami is pretty good.

H-E-B, owners of Central Market will be coming to Plano soon, on Preston and Spring Creek.  I've heard good things about that food store.

Central Market is a lot of fun to shop in.  Expensive though.  We lived near an HEB super store and it was pretty good too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you fly to FL today?  I sure hope your flights go much smoother than your last cruise😍

We made it to Orlando!  Waiting for our lyft.  It went real smooth this time!  Lovett TSA pre too.  3 of 4 of us tested negative.   Keith has not had time to take his.  I think he will do his when we get to Disney.   I hope all goes well for you. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I did the Deli news on Preston pastrami was really good , wife loves there pickles. I have tried Cindy’s in the past but didn’t care for it. Need to visit there more often , funny there is a deli news in Denver that is really excellent, need to ask if there linked at all. This is by far the longest I have been away from New York City in my life .

• Like 3

@h20skibum  You have a wonderful waiter looking after you and the food looks delish.  They didnt have the aqua show on the ships that used to cruise Down Under.  I enjoyed the aerial shows on the Rhapsody and the iceskating shows on the other ships. Would love to watch an aqua show and one  of the bigger production shows, one day.

• Like 3

Warm & humid in Sydney today.  Husband at the SCG watching the cricket.  I did a big weekly shop for a neighbouring family of four who are in isolation. Got them to leave the shopping list in their letterbox, then left their groceries on the porch whilst they yelled out thanks from inside.  Been enjoying seeing the snow photos online from NYC especially Central Park

78D2DB76-1A86-4813-A63F-AA79FD8C133A.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@h20skibum. Good luck with your tests tomorrow.  🙏

Thank you, we are hoping for good results. 

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

+1

Thank you.  As you can see, I am still awake at 2 am, and our test is at 7:40 am.  

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@h20skibum  You have a wonderful waiter looking after you and the food looks delish.  They didnt have the aqua show on the ships that used to cruise Down Under.  I enjoyed the aerial shows on the Rhapsody and the iceskating shows on the other ships. Would love to watch an aqua show and one  of the bigger production shows, one day.

I agree we have a great waiter. We always tip extra, and we decided to even up that amount after last night.  We are glad we have him for next week.  

Too bad we can’t keep our cabin steward for another week, but he is going home.  

The aqua show is one of our favorites, and we really enjoyed it last night.  

• Like 5

@h20skibum The wake is always the best view  when having a drink and relaxing. Have a great time.

@Arzeena Enjoy the sunshine. I know it’s a tough decision to cancel a cruise, but things will hopefully go up from here. 🤞🏻

@Sunshine3601 Enjoy your cruises.

@molly361 Enjoy your cruise. There are sweet memories to remember and new ones to be made. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We are ready to drive to our daughter who lives in NJ to board Anthem tomorrow, all 4 of us tested negative yesterday and after seeing the mess with the dining room on Oasis really glad I got the unlimited dining package I thought it would be a good way to avoid crowds.

Really excited about the cruise but the stress leading to it, was a bit too much.  Hope that everyone else cruising this weekend as a wonderful time.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had posted this on the Bella thread but nor here but all 4 of us had Covid over Christmas.  Very mild and symptoms lasted 3 days.  Would not have even used a sick day.

Sarah brought it home from university and was the first to test positive with the antigen test.  By the time we were able to book our PCR tests we were all at that point symptomatic and done our quarantine.  Of course Sarah's PCR came back negative.  I dont think she swabbed well enough (our drugstore prepared the tests and had us do them in our car and one person return them inside).

Sarah having the negative PCR test was a letdown. With that test it gets us a return to Canada free fur 180 days pass thusly eliminating testing and that expense to return plus removes any risk if having to quarantine upon return.

I was able to get an appointment today at a lab for her to have an antibody test done for $75 which will accomplish the same thing as having the positive PCR test.  Should have the results in 24-48 hours.

You've had a string of bad luck lately Ken.  You're due for some good luck, which if I'm following correctly would mean that Sarah's antibody test comes back positive??

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You've had a string of bad luck lately Ken.  You're due for some good luck, which if I'm following correctly would mean that Sarah's antibody test comes back positive??

Tell me about it.  So hoping that Sarah's test comes back positive.

Even if by chance it didn't we are still heading south in Feb for our 4 day Indy sailing.  Since we are driving it won't really matter what she tests at after the cruise and if she did have to quarantine it's no big deal for her as her classes are all on line anyway.  Just booked our hotels for the drive down.  leaving a lot more time than usual since it's just Sarah and I.  Buffalo to Columbia the first day, Columbia to Titusville (no hotels in PC that were under 35000 points so I couldn't use my free night)

Same thing for Vikki, Toby and I in March.  We have no worries about testing or quarantining.  The only worry I have is about flights with so many being cancelled so we have already made back up plans to drive.

• Like 4

@Ocean Boy

Doc, I just read your post on the other thread, re the crew. Completely agree. Observed it on the Anthem in the end of Nov. And there were no omicron concerns then. 
I did not reply there since there are too many cheer leaders and people wearing rose colored specs waving pom poms there.😃 Wellllll, here too, but much politer here.

Hope you have dug yourself out of snow by now. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Ocean Boy

Doc, I just read your post on the other thread, re the crew. Completely agree. Observed it on the Anthem in the end of Nov. And there were no omicron concerns then. 
I did not reply there since there are too many cheer leaders and people wearing rose colored specs waving pom poms there.😃 Wellllll, here too, but much politer here.

Hope you have dug yourself out of snow by now. 

Thank you. And yes, all dug out but 18F today.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1