Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good for you that is a arduous task. I have been doing mine off and on over the last 5 years. One thing that made it so easy was that all of my childhood and family photos were on slides. My dad had a good camera and took some really great pictures. I invested in a professional slide to digital convertor and successfully transferred hundreds of slides to digital pics. One thing nice about taking most of my pics now on my iPhone is that they go right to my iCloud and computer. Makes for easy organizing and storage. Good luck, it's a lot of work but I know you will be happy having them all organized.

I'll say. Cheers to you and another great day. I hope your tests come back negative for your next leg. Have a great rest of your cruise.

Glad you guys made it safely and are enjoying Epcot. I love it there. I wish they still had the restaurant "Alfredos' in the Italy section. I ate at the original in Rome. Home of the original Alfredo sauce. Have a great cruise.

I ate at Alfredo’s in Epcot about a month after the grand opening. 
My unsophisticated palate had never had real Parmesan cheese. Neither had my friend’s. 
We took one bite, looked at each other and said “Octagon soap”.

That was the laundry soap that was shaved off the bar and dropped into the wringer washer by our mothers. 
I learned to love that taste!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are at Epcot. Wasn't to long I thought of Graham.  Plan on eating fish and chips.

20220108_103231.thumb.jpg.1da25ba7d25f939a38254f814400ac67.jpg

Still have some Christmas stuff up.

20220108_103213.thumb.jpg.d2f8c6026e37a3ca4bab12c76a839286.jpg

The was our Lyft to Epcot. 

20220108_095246.thumb.jpg.b806092e4cc70835dee9fa9cc0c805a2.jpg

Had this is our room guard while we are gone.

20220108_093502.thumb.jpg.256c6300fe8a1286e8cdd6d2dc0157f5.jpg

They sure changed the Rose and Crown. It used to look like a traditional English pub. The pastel walls look  like it’s a tearoom!

I hope the fish snd chips and steak and kidney pie are still as good!

• Like 3

My daughter took a couple of pictures I thought we’re shareable. 
At the same time the sun sets in the West and makes brilliant colors, it paints the East in pastels. 
lisa took the picture of the western sky from a guest room balcony, and the eastern sky from their master bedroom balcony. 
I never saw the two skies side by side, so never noticed the contrast. 

2E7E68C5-BEE1-4AF2-BE32-92224EFD519A.jpeg

9A6F5B69-398C-4251-BA2B-0A602CB78004.jpeg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The bad news is it's 21°F here right now.🤨

We are currently at 23F.     Expecting rain showers with some areas of freezing rain tomorrow.

We just received texts from Royal that Anthem is having issues with one of the azipods and had to reduce speed today so our check in is delayed by one hour.     

Hopefully all will be well with the ship for our cruise and hopefully the delay will mean we have less chance of freeze rain with us leaving home an hour later.   Lenny's chant just may be working😍 @lenquixote66

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are currently at 23F.     Expecting rain showers with some areas of freezing rain tomorrow.

We just received texts from Royal that Anthem is having issues with one of the azipods and had to reduce speed today so our check in is delayed by one hour.     

Hopefully all will be well with the ship for our cruise and hopefully the delay will mean we have less chance of freeze rain with us leaving home an hour later.   Lenny's chant just may be working😍 @lenquixote66

There is mention of the problem on another thread from someone who is in the ship now.

Hopefully, they can fix it. Allure had a problem once that caused it to cruise at reduced speed for awhile altering its itineraries until it could get into the Freeport drydock. Of course, altered itineraries don't require mechanical issues these days.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you a wonderful and enjoyable cruise, along with @Ozark_Kid, and, hopefully, Mark & Susan tested negative for their 2nd leg -- @h20skibum

+1🥰

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

7F here and feels like -2F. Might have to plug in the tractor this morning to warm up the engine before starting. We got around another 6” or more last night. All fluffy, so I’m waiting for the wind to move it before I blow any. No need to move it twice. 

Brrrr!  Stay warm!

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It was 9 degrees in Southwest Virginia this morning, colder here then in Green Bay and Chicago. Really odd weather !

Crazy cold!

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

One of our grandkids, as well as his father, are running a mild fever, so we found ourselves, unexpectedly, with a "free" WE.... two days in a row walking the beach.

And, no matter the pebbles, shells and asphalt from the parking lot until the soft sand, I'm walking barefoot in the memory of my dear friend, who died of ALS, and the thing he most missed was feeling the sand under his bare feet. I cherish every step I take and think of him.

20220108_112332.thumb.jpg.3e5d760357185ae21be25cfbc5df299b.jpg

20220108_111133.thumb.jpg.2d822707e173aabb1a8374d2f2260992.jpg

20220108_111514.thumb.jpg.31d691bb10731567fea11e85db38de1d.jpg

Beautiful pictures, Dani!  I sure hope your grandchildren, as well as their dad, are feeling much better!

Such a special way to remember your dear friend.  ALS is horrible.  Jim's mom passed away from ALS also.

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Smooth embarkation to all who are cruising this weekend!

+1😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I hear some freezing rain tickling on the window tonight, I wish for warmer weather.  Especially as some of our fellow posters are in warmer places.

For those needing “a fix”, Sailing Doodles latest video has them going from St Thomas to the BVI with their base at Jost Van Dyke.  Enjoy. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan and I both received our negative tests today, so we are onboard for another week.  

Yay Mark and Susan!  Enjoy Part 2 of your cruise!!!!

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

73A7E45F-A7DB-40C4-ADB9-273A295CC25F.jpeg.39e83eef21bd84a8022cc81077d248b7.jpeg

You've got some serious machinery there, Andrew!!

4 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

It was -26 C (-14 F) earlier this morning when we were doing errands. The wind chill made it feel like -41 (the same no matter how you measure it). We came home to no power, but it’s on now. Cups of tea, and lovely warmth! 

That's some cold temps you've got there!  Glad to hear you've gotten your power back!

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Back at beach

20220108_144438.thumb.jpg.1ce7ab7dd64c0d985a6a9c32ae91f7d6.jpg

Harmony tomorrow 😁

Have a great cruise, John and Laura!

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Me too!!

Enjoy, Molly❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hopefully all will be well with the ship for our cruise and hopefully the delay will mean we have less chance of freeze rain with us leaving home an hour later.   Lenny's chant just may be working 

Positive vibes for you, Debbie, for a safe and uneventful trip to the Port tomorrow.🙏   Enjoy your B2B.  Sunshine and warmth await you on the Anthem!!!  Bon Voyage!🥰

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ft. Lauderdale now, negative tests yesterday, preparing to board Edge tomorrow.  The Roll Call has gone silent.  I’m hoping all will go well.  I’ll post occasionally if so!

Have a wonderful time on the Edge!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re in Ft. Lauderdale now, negative tests yesterday, preparing to board Edge tomorrow.  The Roll Call has gone silent.  I’m hoping all will go well.  I’ll post occasionally if so!

image.thumb.jpeg.210531a7e628ace20fceee30c3a473ed.jpeg

My cat used to do the same thing!  One time I arrived at my destination and had a cat toy in my suitcase. 😂

Beautiful cat by the way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My no snow chants worked on every cruise  I was ever on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy holidays to everyone going on a cruise to warmer climates this weekend. Hope you find time to pop on Dani's thread with sunny photos for those of us in the shivering North. 

Have a great time 🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3