Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My framed ship picture from how far we walked. 

6173A0F2-12AF-4A5B-BEE2-8AD5F963E85A.thumb.jpeg.3ab6c1199081b03eab96c05344970522.jpeg

Beautiful photos and wow you did do a lot of walking. Hopefully after I get a new knee I can do some of that.

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Can't tell you how many times we did this.

Because you are a good person who cares for their pets. Thank you for being you.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully your sea leg will be better than ever

Thank you Ken. One small step in getting cruise shape.

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

As much as I enjoyed reading your post, send some of that warmth north please. 

This morning it felt like -18F actual was -4. 

I've talked to Linda about moving to Canada in retirement. I would love it but -4 would be a deal breaker for her. She hates cold weather. I don'r mind it at all.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a gorgeous day in Antigua. 

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so happy you are having a great cruise. Cheers!

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you are having a great cruise, and happy with your decision to be onboard!!! 

Have a great time, Debbie!

+ 3 😁

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So I thought I would post a few photos of our stop in Costa Maya today.  

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

What a great shot!

On the other hand, your pictures are awesome, Mark!  Thank you for taking us along with you!

+ 3 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Looks like a calm and beautiful day awaits you at Coco Cay today, John!  Was it just yesterday that a ship couldn't disembark the passengers due to the heavy wind and water washing over the pier there?  I was on so many threads last night, my brain is having some difficulty this morning...😜

Much calmer today.  I tried to find the the pic posted yesterday.   The waves were crashing over the pier.

It is calm enough that there action on the zip lines. The water is ice cold. Went down our first slide and froze..

Hg20220115_112313.thumb.jpg.efda5eda3059cdc325d3f7f3e991d628.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Much calmer today.  I tried to find the the pic posted yesterday.   The waves were crashing over the pier.

It is calm enough that there action on the zip lines. The water is ice cold. Went down our first slide and froze..

Hg20220115_112313.thumb.jpg.efda5eda3059cdc325d3f7f3e991d628.jpg

The difference between southerners and northerners.  The water was like a warm summer day for us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Ok, so I did venture out to the main boards for a bit. Yikes!

I can never resist the allure of Lady Bee. Her threads always bring a smile to my face.

Glad you made it back here safely.  It is funny to read the posts from people that attack and then cry bully when someone disagrees with them though.  

• Like 6

So, after a couple of days being cooped up at home, we "intercepted" some shy sunshine rays trying to break through the clouds, and in less than 10 mins we were at the beach. No traffic (half the population is quarantined) and plenty of parking (rainy weather + the above).

This time we parked at the Marina, restaurants, people watching and... the sea. We had about 30 mins until the rain started again....

_DSC4618.thumb.JPG.320fa388bdaafbb6b6dc6b8dde3a473a.JPG

Of course, the die hard surfers were out in force. The sea was muddy.

_DSC4635.thumb.JPG.bb981354795f04b3495f787f44810bda.JPG

_DSC4633.thumb.JPG.06418fd50bd66c8a3c7ec452499a6827.JPG

_DSC4629.thumb.JPG.38bcbfadd568576c349e5e859a603688.JPG

• Like 19

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So, after a couple of days being cooped up at home, we "intercepted" some shy sunshine rays trying to break through the clouds, and in less than 10 mins we were at the beach. No traffic (half the population is quarantined) and plenty of parking (rainy weather + the above).

This time we parked at the Marina, restaurants, people watching and... the sea. We had about 30 mins until the rain started again....

_DSC4618.thumb.JPG.320fa388bdaafbb6b6dc6b8dde3a473a.JPG

Of course, the die hard surfers were out in force. The sea was muddy.

_DSC4635.thumb.JPG.bb981354795f04b3495f787f44810bda.JPG

_DSC4633.thumb.JPG.06418fd50bd66c8a3c7ec452499a6827.JPG

_DSC4629.thumb.JPG.38bcbfadd568576c349e5e859a603688.JPG

Looks like a nice little seaside visit. What are the temperatures there? We’re currently at 18 F.  

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Ok, so I did venture out to the main boards for a bit. Yikes!

I can never resist the allure of Lady Bee. Her threads always bring a smile to my face.

I've been dancing in the mine fields for days. I haven't had a leg blown off.... yet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The difference between southerners and northerners.  The water was like a warm summer day for us. 

😆 

I almost gave up on the slides but then tried the large ones and it was nice.  On the small ones my frozen drink almost made coconuts fall off.

There were younger folks that were not pronouncing R's thought the small slide water was cold too.  🤭

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks like a nice little seaside visit. What are the temperatures there? We’re currently at 18 F.  

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

19°F here. Its always warmer on the coast.😄

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening. 42°F here at 19.39pm. It has been dark for 3 hours now but it has been a sunny day. Graham.

54 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Sunny here too at -4°F.  No strolling on the river today!

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

19 here too, up from 12 earlier today.

It is supposed to be the coldest week since "winter" started.... That's our "winter"   😁

IMG_0280.thumb.jpg.0ef2ca86140c90af5912c2f81c1b00fb.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It is supposed to be the coldest week since "winter" started.... That's our "winter"   😁

I have a friend who I met for the very first time in 1947.Although he lives nearly 3000 miles from me we keep in contact.Yesterday he told me that his sister who lives in Israel was going through boxes of old photos and found one of her my friend Al and myself from when we were very young .She sent the photo to Al and said “you must send it to Lenny because he will remember where we were when the picture was taken .”

I remember everything vividly about that day but I cannot remember what I was doing an hour ago

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I remember pics like this posted but don't remember why.  I would of tried to get a better pic but the lady kept blowing here whistle at me!

R20220115_104246.thumb.jpg.28787c77da31e4f90e15c1794e496d50.jpg

Greg, thanks for the idea 

SAFE20220115_111050.thumb.jpg.20a22a2ae74d4f9e1d15b2d5af797585.jpg

Glad you like it and it is working good for you. We love ours and it does give you some peace of mind about your valuables.

I forgot who started the mooring pics but there has been some interesting discussions about them and I continued by posting a bunch on my last cruise. It’s kind of like a game. See how close you can get for the shot without getting yelled at.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That looks very similar to our 10-day forecast in the SF Bay Area, CA. Except we don't have any more rain predicted for a while. :classic_biggrin: Temperatures are about the same though. We actually hit 63 F. today. 

• Like 2