Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Initially Smith was laughing.Then he saw that his wife was not and he over reacted.Just imagine if it was Ricky Gervais or in earlier years Don Rickles.

I was thinking the same thing. I love how the Hollywood elite have no problems making jokes about other people, especially politicians they may not agree with, but when they are on the punch line of a joke, it's a different story.

I wonder if there is more to the story than just the joke, which was pretty mild, imo.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I love how the Hollywood elite have no problems making jokes about other people, especially politicians they may not agree with, but when they are on the punch line of a joke, it's a different story.

I wonder if there is more to the story than just the joke, which was pretty mild, imo.

I read earlier that at a previous Oscar ceremony Chris Rock joked about Will Smith getting paid $20 million for the terrible movie Wild Wild West.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Initially Smith was laughing.Then he saw that his wife was not and he over reacted.Just imagine if it was Ricky Gervais or in earlier years Don Rickles.

I was in Vegas many years ago when I stood up and walked out of Joan Rivers routine.  She was joking and making fun of Karen Ann Quinlain, a poor girl who was in a coma for years with no expectation of ever coming out of it.  Media was all over the "right to die" issue. It was in the news for quite a while. I found Rivers comments deplorable and as I started to walk out, with Jack following, Joan yelled at me.  "Oh Grow Up"  I just kept walking with my head held high and others clapped and followed me.  

• Like 9

So, I have after much digging and research and super creative digging and research, that we won’t be going to NO.  Buying the ticket would have been the easy part, getting a hotel room for the less than 4 nights at stupid prices impossible.  The best option would have been to have booked with the Ram’s Club for four nights at the team hotel.  About $3400 minimum, without tickets.  I would not have a problem with spending four nights in NO, but I tried to get a restaurant reservation and I could see eating all of the meals at McDonalds, because getting into a real restaurant looked to be impossible.  I even looked at renting an RV, I looked at booking a cabin in the woods hours away.  It just looked like it was not going to be an enjoyable weekend.  Sigh….

jc

• Like 9

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I have after much digging and research and super creative digging and research, that we won’t be going to NO.  Buying the ticket would have been the easy part, getting a hotel room for the less than 4 nights at stupid prices impossible.  The best option would have been to have booked with the Ram’s Club for four nights at the team hotel.  About $3400 minimum, without tickets.  I would not have a problem with spending four nights in NO, but I tried to get a restaurant reservation and I could see eating all of the meals at McDonalds, because getting into a real restaurant looked to be impossible.  I even looked at renting an RV, I looked at booking a cabin in the woods hours away.  It just looked like it was not going to be an enjoyable weekend.  Sigh….

jc

Did you look into maybe AirBNB

$767 total check in Saturday 2nd check out Tuesday the 5th

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/48428542?adults=2&check_in=2022-04-02&check_out=2022-04-05&federated_search_id=ca0ded2c-2221-47ea-a667-31ada52e1b14&source_impression_id=p3_1648494755_PqOAtdRJrEMMfe1i

Edit: Someone just booked it, Hope you got it!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

@xpcdoojk  Check here people list places for rent like every 15 minutes, but you have to act fast to get them. Inventory changes quickly.

French Quarter is right on the bend of the Miss. River in the picture, that will give you an idea where the rentals are. Not sure where the Superdome is, but that is minor, I would think you would want to be by the French Quarter

Edit :Found it  The Superdome is about 1 1/2 miles southwest of the French Quarter ............Might be good to find somewhere  1/2 way between each so you can walk everywhere.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/New-Orleans--Louisiana--United-States/homes?flexible_trip_lengths[]=weekend_trip&date_picker_type=calendar&query=New Orleans%2C Louisiana%2C United States&place_id=ChIJZYIRslSkIIYRtNMiXuhbBts&refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&tab_id=home_tab&checkin=2022-04-01&checkout=2022-04-05&adults=2&source=structured_search_input_header&search_type=user_map_move&ne_lat=29.97392552706201&ne_lng=-90.01471420499064&sw_lat=29.91368290570124&sw_lng=-90.10341753932215&zoom=13&search_by_map=true

We have used AirBnb a few times and has always turned out well, staying 3 nights in Southport, North Carolina along the coast is about 3 weeks from now at this place.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41769185?source_impression_id=p3_1648497011_GOtoXmhBPx553mKJ

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I just heard that the Academy is discussing if they should reguest the Oscar back from Smith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading about @xpcdoojk ‘s plight in trying to get things arranged for a trip to the Final Four in NOLA, brought back some memories.  

Ten years ago, Susan was looking at cruises, and found a fantastic deal on Voyager, sailing out of NOLA.   She had never been to New Orleans, so, without thinking, I said “Sure, book the cruise, and let’s plan on spending a few days there before the cruise.”  To add to the fun, she booked two of her sisters, and a cousin to go along.

It was only after booking the cruise, that we found out the Final Four would be going on, and that hotels were already crazy expensive.  Fortunately, she was able to find rooms at the Marriott, near the port and French Quarter, and as a bonus, they let her use her free nights.  

Our limo driver had some final four medallions that he gave us.  Now I will have to see if I can find where they went.

• Like 4

We had a little run in with a family while working in library/computer room this morning.  Very loud family wanted to play games on one of tables next to us and I politely asked if they could be quiet as we were trying to work.   Another woman was also working on her computer and another couple was reading.   The Mother then yells at me saying it's not a library and I don't have to be quiet.  I said I don't care if you talk but yelling is the problem.   Her teenage son then hollered something and the Father told them to stop and let the people work.   She left mumbling the table wasn't clean.   

2 minutes later she walks back and hollers just because this place has books doesn't mean it's a library.   We all just ignored her then husband told her Stop it!! And walked her out of the area.   Ugghh!   Hopefully we don't run into them again.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a little run in with a family while working in library/computer room this morning.  Very loud family wanted to play games on one of tables next to us and I politely asked if they could be quiet as we were trying to work.   Another woman was also working on her computer and another couple was reading.   The Mother then yells at me saying it's not a library and I don't have to be quiet.  I said I don't care if you talk but yelling is the problem.   Her teenage son then hollered something and the Father told them to stop and let the people work.   She left mumbling the table wasn't clean.   

2 minutes later she walks back and hollers just because this place has books doesn't mean it's a library.   We all just ignored her then husband told her Stop it!! And walked her out of the area.   Ugghh!   Hopefully we don't run into them again.

What a bunch of $#*holes they were. I hate rude people like that.

• Like 10

Made final payment today, for our Allure cruise in May. Check in opens on Wednesday. Although final payment wasn’t due till April 14, I wasn’t sure if it would be a problem checking in before final payment.  So one more thing off the to do list. 

For anyone who has checked in with the app lately on an iPhone, is there a way to upload photos and vax cards stored on the phone, instead of taking new pictures of them each time?  They use to have that ability, but I don’t recall seeing it the last few check in’s we did.   Or is that feature only available if checking in through the website on a computer?

Today was the day they were supposed to come and drain, service, and refill our hot tub.   Unfortunately, winter decided to return the last three days, so that got pushed back to next week now.  I guess they didn’t want to do it with the wind chill making it feel like 6° today.

• Like 5

We are onboard and ready for sail away. Other family members in Port were the Radience, the Vision and the Constellation. Internet is so far so good but we are still in FL. Moving now. My first drink was a 🥭  thingy with very tiny bit of liquor. It was good. We are sitting at the aft Sunset/ lawn area and are sailing away. 

• Like 17

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous kitty😺

Is this one you and your friend feed and care for on the streets?

Ohh, no. Feeding cats in our neighborhood is forbidden by the local authorities, but they're very well carried for. This is a cat my DH encounters in his eternal quest for photo ops... 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

just because this place has books doesn't mean it's a library.

Isn't that the literal definition of a library? The only thing that is missing  is a very serious little old bespectacled lady librarian  behind a desk ready to give a stern "shhhh!!" to loudmouths 😄

Good thing the hubby was a little more reasonable.  Maybe the wife was grumpy because the cabin didn't come with a can opener?  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Made final payment today, for our Allure cruise in May. Check in opens on Wednesday. Although final payment wasn’t due till April 14, I wasn’t sure if it would be a problem checking in before final payment.  So one more thing off the to do list. 

For anyone who has checked in with the app lately on an iPhone, is there a way to upload photos and vax cards stored on the phone, instead of taking new pictures of them each time?  They use to have that ability, but I don’t recall seeing it the last few check in’s we did.   Or is that feature only available if checking in through the website on a computer?

Today was the day they were supposed to come and drain, service, and refill our hot tub.   Unfortunately, winter decided to return the last three days, so that got pushed back to next week now.  I guess they didn’t want to do it with the wind chill making it feel like 6° today.

I was not able to upload a picture stored on my android. I had to take a picture of the card, and of myself, using the app.

Also, you can check-in before making final payment.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Good question. I just noticed.

I kinda saw it a couple hours ago, but assumed it was user specific creation. Didn’t stick around to surf more posts 

Then just noticed it on everyone