Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Trying to catch up here....

Marietta and Deb- good to see that you were able to find each other and have a visit. So pleased that the grandchildren and their Mom are enjoying the cruise- even the pizza !

@LionesssWelcome home to Lizzie- wishing you and your hubby many happy days shared with her.

Dani- Hoping your grandson had a great first day of school! Our great nephew,Henry starts Kindergarten next week. He was surprised when his Mom told him he would be going to school five days a week. He was used to going to pre- school three days a week. Sometimes growing up,is a hard thing to do ! I am sure he will do fine !

@h20skibum You and your wife are very loving and caring parents and grandparents.

@brillohead Hoping you have a quick and full recovery.

@Luckynana Good to hear that Ryan is home. No denying that his health journey is a difficult one, but it will get easier as time goes along as he and his family become familiar with handling the diabetes. As always, my good wishes to al of you.

Hoping that I have reached out to the many posters here who have shared their news. Wishing everyone good days.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Big Brother??😉

@Lionesss

.... and, speaking of new beginnings, very emotional day for us too -- eldest grandson's first day at school 😍

image.thumb.jpeg.895881d2a33abcd52b646541276a3516.jpeg

Your grandson is very handsome.  He looks like you, Dani!  How was his 1st day of school?

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night I was okay.  Some minor stomach pains and quick trip to bathroom around 4 am but feel okay now.  

We had lots of stars to look at from our balcony.  So beautiful, especially on a ship.

I'm going to wander around Nassau for a little bit this morning while Eric is staying onboard. 

Nice sunny morning so far.16620356002173383072180087624065.thumb.jpg.18c8fc8a57a087cb8cd9eefb8a77208f.jpg

Sorry you had stomach pains last night, Debbie,..luckily it was only that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Thanks for all the well wishes with my COVID.... symptoms remained mild all day, just a bit of a headache, but nothing like the one I had yesterday.  I'm SO glad to get this out of the way before my cruise-a-palooza next month!

Glad you're feeling better, and, as you said,  you've now will have gotten it out of the way, ensuring you'll not have to worry about getting it onboard!😊

• Like 2

So I just took a COVID test and it was negative but I got some weird stuff going on. Yesterday and today after my workout I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded with some vertigo issues. All today I’ve had a headache and felt really really tired. I took my blood pressure thinking maybe my blood pressure meds need to be amended as I’ve lost a lot of weight but it was in an acceptable range. Tonight I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some Kraft Mac-n-cheese and it tasted funky. So I’m going to bed early tonight and take another COVID test tomorrow. This is really weird. Anyone else have issues of dizziness before testing positive?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I just took a COVID test and it was negative but I got some weird stuff going on. Yesterday and today after my workout I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded with some vertigo issues. All today I’ve had a headache and felt really really tired. I took my blood pressure thinking maybe my blood pressure meds need to be amended as I’ve lost a lot of weight but it was in an acceptable range. Tonight I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some Kraft Mac-n-cheese and it tasted funky. So I’m going to bed early tonight and take another COVID test tomorrow. This is really weird. Anyone else have issues of dizziness before testing positive?

Could be a bug of some type.  Pre covid I used to get a bug after kids went to school in our area.

Are you drinking lots of fluids/water?   Hopefully a good night's rest and you will feel better tomorrow.  Goodnight😀  sleep tight

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tonight   , I'm sitting in one of the chairs around the fire pit.  About 20 ft from the deer.

They are not scared of me anymore since I have been feeding them.

When they see me in the yard now they come running to see if I have any food out for them.

20220831_192111.jpg

20220831_192116.jpg

20220831_192129.jpg

20220831_192228.jpg

20220831_192232.jpg

I am not certain if you are aware that deer,while lovely gentle creatures, carry ticks that can cause Lymes disease in humans.

We on Long Island have been aware of  this for years. Many people in our area have been affected by Lymes. Heart and neurological issues can develop if the disease is left undiagnosed.

The deer have been moving into neighborhoods as their woodland areas are being sacrificed for development.. While homeowners will not do anything to harm the deer, they do not choose to feed them either.

I am not trying to be an alarmist, but trying  to be helpful.

Perhaps the beautiful deer in your area can be enjoyed from a distance.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hope you were able to get a good night's sleep and the need day brings a healthy feel to it.  Many things going around, you never know what is out there.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Whenever we had made reservations in the MDR we also let them know when our specialty reservations were to give them a heads up that they do not need to hold our table.

I was wondering if it would help if we changed to MTD before boarding.   I wonder why it wouldn't be a heads up when we set up Specialty restaurants that they would think it through.   Maybe they think it's possible I might eat at both. 🤔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I hope you feel better,Greg.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just decorated my younger daughter’s cabin door.  Tomorrow is her 38th birthday and Valentina will be 8 on Saturday so we will have to decorate her door also.  She is so excited that the whole ship will celebrate her day.0103AA9F-AAE2-4A9B-A91C-4FF24D1FFDCE.thumb.jpeg.f9507a5ad4ea5beef8e2a275f1275f05.jpeg

This trip seems to be working out really well. I'm really happy for you and your family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just decorated my younger daughter’s cabin door.  Tomorrow is her 38th birthday and Valentina will be 8 on Saturday so we will have to decorate her door also.  She is so excited that the whole ship will celebrate her day.0103AA9F-AAE2-4A9B-A91C-4FF24D1FFDCE.thumb.jpeg.f9507a5ad4ea5beef8e2a275f1275f05.jpeg

Very Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter and granddaughter,Marietta.May they both have wonderful celebrations of their special days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Since I have to pay for airfare, it saves me huge money doing consecutive cruises.

Thanks for the heads-up!  Great savings plan!  I need to write this down 🤔....Build up the savings account by 🖊.....Booking 10 consecutive 🛳 cruises.... 71 days.... wait, I will lose money getting my clothes washed..... oh yeah,  use sink to wash clothes.  😆 

Glad to hear you are having mild symptoms.   Hope you get over it soon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2