Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not calling you an idiot at all, I just know that for our Seattle sailing, we could check in at 3am.  Those sailing from Southampton have been able to check in at 7pm est.

Oh I know. I just was saying I'm an idiot for not thinking it through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Good thing you are retired now, so you can stay up as late as you want even on a school night. 😁

Lol yes that's true. I should have taken my afternoon nap so I would have had more energy last night. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After a couple of years, I finally succumbed to COVID.  Yesterday was a horrid headache and body aches that no medicine would touch, but today is just a mild headache.  

Glad I'm getting it out of the way before my ten consecutive cruises starting October 1st!

With all the kitty lovers in this group, you might want to get this free Kindle download:

The Cats of Britain: An Ideal Gift for Cat Lovers With Lots of Great British Cat Stories and Fun Trivia (The Cats of The World)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got in after midnight. Not sure if it was delayed or everything is done by EST.

It could just be RC site.  Even though we were able to log in and get started at 11:00 pm central, there is one on our roll call that was still having problems with it the next day!  🙃 

Speaking of roll calls, I looked on your roll call to see if others were having problems.   Not much activity.   Even though ours is somewhat active, not as much as it has been in the past. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

You should try changing your phone to EST next time to see if that makes a difference. Maybe it reads your phone date and time when you try to log in. 

When we checked in Tuesday night,  Our iPhone and iPad was set on Central time for a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale EST.   We were able to log in to the check in at 11:01 pm, it just kept freezing up until we got off the iPhone and switched to the iPad which was around 11:20 pm Central time.  So the iPhone/iPad being set on Central did not effect it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So cute. Our last cat would also scratch the furniture when we got her. We put the scratching post right where she was scratching and she started using that. Sometimes it gets pushed around and away from the couch, but she still uses the post.

We are going to try the painters tape trick but you are on to something. He's got two scratch pads that we put in his favorite spots downstairs and that seemed to solve the problem with him scratching the downstairs furniture.  

We will get him a one of those tower/perch contraptions with scratching post & put it upstairs. But in the meantime,  we'll try the tape. 

Thanks all! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

After a couple of years, I finally succumbed to COVID.

So sorry. I hope you feel better. Guess it's good to get it now and over with before your cruise.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I looked on your roll call to see if others were having problems.   Not much activity.

Our roll call is real weak. There is more activity over on our group on FB than over here.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How's this?

Winner.....Winner....Chicken Dinner!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Our roll call is real weak. There is more activity over on our group on FB than over here.

Sharon hangs on the FB cruise group.   Lots of activities.   Some how her FB was hacked yesterday and someone was sending messages from her account.   Luckily most knew and let her know pretty quick. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Oh wow.  That is a very special day.  Lovely photo. Hope he settles in well.
I remember dropping my eldest off.  Three of the mums  came back to our place and we sat in the garden, talked and ate until it was time to pick them up again 5hrs later. Great way to avert the tears and anxiety that parents & grandparents experience on that first day.

By the time the kids in our neighborhood were in 3rd or 4th grade, the mothers would all go to the local Mexican restaurant for lunch on the first day of school and drink margaritas to celebrate the school year starting again. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night I was okay.  Some minor stomach pains and quick trip to bathroom around 4 am but feel okay now.  

I'm guessing there was no compensation coming your way, not even a bowl/plate/cup/Tupperware of strawberries?

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm guessing there was no compensation coming your way, not even a bowl/plate/cup/Tupperware of strawberries?

Nothing, Yet😁

With how focused they were on where I eat dinner and what table number, may something at dinner. 😄

If not, I'm fine with that.  Just happy I didn't spend all night in the bathroom.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went to next cruise desk and booked the 12 night repo cruise on Serenade for Sept 12th Tampa to Boston.

Really like that itinerary, and love that ship.  Great prices for that sailing too!

Wow, that's a quick turnaround cruise..... or is that 2023