Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Windjammer had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at dinner tonight.  

RCI should be putting that in their marketing materials. Spend several thousand dollars to cruise on a billion dollar cruise ship and enjoy peanut and jelly sandwiches for dinner.😑

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just had delicious fish n chips in MDR

I love a good fish n chips.  When we were on Symphony last year they offered fish n chips.  With the mask on and foreign accent,  I did not hear the waiter explaining there was a fish shortage and they had to do a fish substitute.   I don't remember what the substitute was but it wasn't the same.  Happy you got a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI should be putting that in their marketing materials. Spend several thousand dollars to cruise on a billion dollar cruise ship and enjoy peanut and jelly sandwiches for dinner.😑

I was thinking the same thing .  It also occurred to me that Serena Williams is playing in the US Open at 7:00 PM in prime time.  There are more viewers and maybe charge more for the commercials .  She is also playing every other day .  Is it favoritisms or good marketing ?  Anyhow, she and her sister lost their doubles match , tonight. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Windjammer had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at dinner tonight.  

PB&J is my 2nd favorite peanut butter sandwich, right after peanut butter & apple butter on lightly toasted white bread. Or rye bread. Or English Muffin. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just decorated my younger daughter’s cabin door.  Tomorrow is her 38th birthday and Valentina will be 8 on Saturday so we will have to decorate her door also.  She is so excited that the whole ship will celebrate her day.0103AA9F-AAE2-4A9B-A91C-4FF24D1FFDCE.thumb.jpeg.f9507a5ad4ea5beef8e2a275f1275f05.jpeg

Happy Birthday to your Daughter & Granddaughter. Hope they enjoy celebrating their birthdays on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just decorated my younger daughter’s cabin door.  Tomorrow is her 38th birthday and Valentina will be 8 on Saturday so we will have to decorate her door also.  She is so excited that the whole ship will celebrate her day.0103AA9F-AAE2-4A9B-A91C-4FF24D1FFDCE.thumb.jpeg.f9507a5ad4ea5beef8e2a275f1275f05.jpeg

Good job!  Happy Birthday to your daughter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are back from the other house. Bobby the cat seems to think that there should be some way to get him from point A to B without a car ride. He was very unhappy but settled in now. 

The trip was a success! The garage is cleaned out, so we can resume filling it up again with house stuff. Roto Rooter has cleaned the main drain. Although the trash and tree hauler seems to think it is a septic tank/leach field issue and not a pipe issue. We know nothing about septic tanks. :classic_sad:

And I am so disappointed! All of our local Arby's have closed, so we stopped at the one that is about an hour away (on the way home). I always look forward to their sandwiches after the long drive. :classic_smile: And they didn't ask, and we forgot to request Horsey Sauce! And then we found out we didn't have any at home. :classic_sad:

This was such a tiring trip; it was over a !00 F. every day. No AC and moving furniture and boxes. Oh well we will deal with it. :classic_smile:

• Like 10

Oh yes! When I was cleaning out stuff, I found a couple of stickers entitled, "Be Bear Aware!". Number 2 was dispose of all garbage properly. I went over and applied one to the top of the AirBnB house garbage can. 

It was still on the lid. I don't know if it was the owner or who, but he looked ticked off at US, when he drove off yesterday afternoon, while the cleaners were there. @ReneeFLL That was a wonderful suggestion about photos. But I forgot to take any. :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was wondering if it would help if we changed to MTD before boarding.   I wonder why it wouldn't be a heads up when we set up Specialty restaurants that they would think it through.   Maybe they think it's possible I might eat at both. 🤔 

The few times I had the UDP I changed from early to MTD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

That’s a beautiful house. I’ve never used AirBnB before , but that seems like a good price.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to your Daughter & Granddaughter. Hope they enjoy celebrating their birthdays on board.

@sgmn Hi Sue, hope all is ok with you and your family.  I know you were looking forward to the arrival of your newest Grandchild.

@Sea Dog Sorry to read you are unwell.  Haven’t tested positive yet but those around me who have all had differing symptoms. None were dizzy.  Hope you get to the bottom of it.  Take care.

@DaniDanielle, Marietta,

Sue & Greg,

+ 1 🌷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So I just took a COVID test and it was negative but I got some weird stuff going on. Yesterday and today after my workout I started feeling dizzy and lightheaded with some vertigo issues. All today I’ve had a headache and felt really really tired. I took my blood pressure thinking maybe my blood pressure meds need to be amended as I’ve lost a lot of weight but it was in an acceptable range. Tonight I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some Kraft Mac-n-cheese and it tasted funky. So I’m going to bed early tonight and take another COVID test tomorrow. This is really weird. Anyone else have issues of dizziness before testing positive?

My headache was my big COVID symptom.  Now that I think about it, my symptoms might have started on Tuesday, but I brushed it off as an allergy headache because pollen counts shot up here this week. I also slept most of Tuesday, coming off a run of overnight shifts and a four-hour drive home, so if I had symptoms, I was asleep for them most of the time. 

But on Wednesday, I had body aches (probably a fever, but didn't check it because it wasn't severe) and a headache that would not stop.... normally my allergy headache will respond to Sudafed and Aleve, but literally nothing touched this headache on Wednesday.  That was my clue to test for COVID, and that second line showed up dang near instantly.  Wednesday consisted of copious amounts of Sudafed and Aleve (fortunately I have very healthy kidneys, because I was pounding down those NSAIDs like they were going out of style) with almost constant sleep (sleep being the only reprieve from the headache). 

Thursday consisted of a couple of naps and just a mild headache and no body aches.  It's now early Friday morning and I'm not feeling like I'll need any naps.  I do have a very mild headache, but it's honestly not noticeable enough that I'll even take anything for it.  With allergies that went undiagnosed for over half my life, I'm used to living with a daily headache.    

As for your symptoms, Greg, if they continue and you keep testing negative, I'd recommend taking your blood pressure sitting, and then take it again immediately upon standing.  Your blood pressure may be in the normal range when sitting, but when you stand, gravity takes over and pulls the blood down away from your brain, and if your baroreceptors don't respond quickly enough, your heart and blood vessels don't counteract the pull of gravity.  If this happens, this is something you need to discuss with your doctor to tweak your meds (maybe remove a beta blocker, if you're on one).  

Other things to be aware of while this is going on -- always get up in "stages"... swing your feet over the side of the bed and sit for a minute before standing. And anytime you stand up (from bed, the kitchen table, your car, recliner, whatever), don't walk away for a minute (so you can sit down if you feel woozy) or you may find yourself face-down in the middle of the floor.  And avoid hot showers or baths -- they dilate the blood vessels (which is why the skin flushes when hot) and that lowers blood pressure -- or you may find yourself with a cracked cheekbone on the side of the tub.  (And if it sounds like I'm speaking from experience, well, learn from my fail, okay?)

I appreciate all the well-wishes during my COVID journey... looks like other than losing out on a week's pay, I'm getting off pretty easily.  And @Sea Dog, please keep us posted on how you're doing. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

And they didn't ask, and we forgot to request Horsey Sauce! And then we found out we didn't have any at home. 

Oh, man, I would be so bummed!!!  I love to mix the Horsey Sauce with the Arby's Sauce.  It's just not the same without the sauce!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  Great savings plan!  I need to write this down 🤔....Build up the savings account by 🖊.....Booking 10 consecutive 🛳 cruises.... 71 days.... wait, I will lose money getting my clothes washed..... oh yeah,  use sink to wash clothes.  😆 

Glad to hear you are having mild symptoms.   Hope you get over it soon.

D+ gets a free bag of wash-n-fold.... I just have to wash my shirts in the sink!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

He looks like you, Dani!  How was his 1st day of school?

Thanks, Maryann. It seems that he's done "OK".... My son is not a big talker [just like his father], so I have to "settle" for one-word replies ☹️

I was amazed that the school decided on a white t-shirt as the uniform... WHITE???

When my sons were in primary school, they had dark colors t-shirts, and there were colors for boys and girls, which I thought a great idea, now, with the "unisex" names...

And it's always the majority of mothers of girls who are very creative in naming their daughters with vastly predominantly "boys" names... So they have "Sharon" the girl, and "Sharon" the boy...

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I was amazed that the school decided on a white t-shirt as the uniform... WHITE???

My son's elementary school had white shirts.... WHY???? 

You could tell on the first day of school which kids had older siblings (and were wearing hand-me-down school shirts).... those kids were wearing much yellower shirts than the kids without older siblings.  And by the end of the year, everyone was wearing dingy yellowed shirts.  

That was definitely a decision made by a man who doesn't do laundry!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy Birthday to All.  Hopefully I see them in person today/tomorrow to wish them Happy Birthday in person🥰

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love a good fish n chips.  When we were on Symphony last year they offered fish n chips.  With the mask on and foreign accent,  I did not hear the waiter explaining there was a fish shortage and they had to do a fish substitute.   I don't remember what the substitute was but it wasn't the same.  Happy you got a good one.

Last night's fish n chips was one of the best I have had in a long time.   Was even better than ones I had in LBI in June.

Another good thing, I have not heard of any supply chain issues on this sailing.  

I'm ready for some baby pictures😀   and Kenzie too!!

• Like 5