Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got in after midnight. Not sure if it was delayed or everything is done by EST.

It can vary.  I've had Florida sailings that opened at midnight and others not until 2 am.  I've always found that when I check again the next morning at 7 I could still have booked the same early check in time

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tonight   , I'm sitting in one of the chairs around the fire pit.  About 20 ft from the deer.

They are not scared of me anymore since I have been feeding them.

When they see me in the yard now they come running to see if I have any food out for them.

20220831_192111.jpg

20220831_192116.jpg

20220831_192129.jpg

20220831_192228.jpg

20220831_192232.jpg

Amazing how close they come!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finally got in after midnight. Not sure if it was delayed or everything is done by EST.

What time did you get? I forgot to check in early for our TP and the best was 1:00. I’ll check again in a few weeks to see if earlier times have opened.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

After a couple of years, I finally succumbed to COVID.  Yesterday was a horrid headache and body aches that no medicine would touch, but today is just a mild headache.  

Glad I'm getting it out of the way before my ten consecutive cruises starting October 1st.

Sorry to hear you got covid, but glad you are already feeling better.

Fabulous, 10 cruises. 🥂🥂🥂  How many days? The most I have ever done is 4. 😢

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We are going to try the painters tape trick but you are on to something. He's got two scratch pads that we put in his favorite spots downstairs and that seemed to solve the problem with him scratching the downstairs furniture.  

We will get him a one of those tower/perch contraptions with scratching post & put it upstairs. But in the meantime,  we'll try the tape. 

Thanks all! 

For some reason Leilani will only use the posts and not the ones on the floor. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2022 at 10:08 AM, xpcdoojk said:

If something is overly popular wouldn’t it make sense to expand it and reduce traditional dining?  Most of these ships have 3 levels.  Currently MTD gets 1 and Traditional 2.  Might need to swith that around.

The issue is that early dining became so popular they no longer have MTD available for the early times.  All 3 levels are used for early dining and then when those people start to leave the MTD folks now use one of the decks from around 7pm on.

Totally defeats the whole point of MTD.  Now it has become late or later.  They really should just change over to 100% MTD and open reservations form the day the itineraries are released, not allow groups to hold back dining times.  Those that book first get their choice those that book last minute get what's left.  They could easily accommodate someone booking the same time every night and set that up so they get the same table and waiter every night. 

Another issue is that so many reserve a fixed dining time and then do specialty or another dining venue and their spot sits empty.  They need someway to communicate to people that if your not there within 15 of the start of dining those seats get filled with people waiting for MTD.

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night I was okay.  Some minor stomach pains and quick trip to bathroom around 4 am but feel okay now.  

We had lots of stars to look at from our balcony.  So beautiful, especially on a ship.

I'm going to wander around Nassau for a little bit this morning while Eric is staying onboard. 

Nice sunny morning so far.

Sorry you were up during the night but glad it didn’t last.  I’m super picky about chicken, to the point that I rarely order it in a restaurant.  I just don’t feel they clean all the yucky stuff (we call them chicken “oogies”) off like I do at home.  

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

After a couple of years, I finally succumbed to COVID.  Yesterday was a horrid headache and body aches that no medicine would touch, but today is just a mild headache.  

Glad I'm getting it out of the way before my ten consecutive cruises starting October 1st!

With all the kitty lovers in this group, you might want to get this free Kindle download:

The Cats of Britain: An Ideal Gift for Cat Lovers With Lots of Great British Cat Stories and Fun Trivia (The Cats of The World)

I hope yesterday was the worst of it & you continue to improve.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Another issue is that so many reserve a fixed dining time and then do specialty or another dining venue and their spot sits empty.  They need someway to communicate to people

You would think that when people reserve their specialty restaurants the first day they could ask them if they intend on using the MDR. Then they would be aware of tables that will not be used.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m super picky about chicken, to the point that I rarely order it in a restaurant.  I just don’t feel they clean all the yucky stuff (we call them chicken “oogies”) off like I do at home

I thought I was the only one! My husband eats through everything- fat, gristle, tendons…🤢

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

What time did you get? I

We got 10:30am. Hopefully it will not be a zoo.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Totally defeats the whole point of MTD.  Now it has become late or later.  They really should just change over to 100% MTD and open reservations form the day the itineraries are released, not allow groups to hold back dining times.  Those that book first get their choice those that book last minute get what's left.  They could easily accommodate someone booking the same time every night and set that up so they get the same table and waiter every night. 

I totally agree and would be ok with that.

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You would think that when people reserve their specialty restaurants the first day they could ask them if they intend on using the MDR. Then they would be aware of tables that will not be used.

Whenever we had made reservations in the MDR we also let them know when our specialty reservations were to give them a heads up that they do not need to hold our table.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You would think and maybe they do if someone has the udp but if they only have a 3 night package their space just sits empty. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Fabulous, 10 cruises. 🥂🥂🥂  How many days? The most I have ever done is 4. 😢

Total of 71 days, plus one day in the middle where I'll be overnighting in Miami (get off Symphony on Saturday, get on Oasis on Sunday).  Prior to this, I did five in a row last fall and this spring.  Since I have to pay for airfare, it saves me huge money doing consecutive cruises.  

• Like 9