Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It was great to be back again. The sail away was also beautiful with fireworks. Not sure why they had them, but they were pretty.

Nice orchid. Dendrobium densiflorum?

One of the Sydney photographers I follow had posted a spectacular photo online of the Ovation, the Opera House and the fireworks.  
After seeing the photo, I wondered if they were organised by Royal but no.  Apparently, the fireworks were organised by the Hindu Council of Aus and in celebration of Diwali.  

You did well to have such gorgeous weather and bonus fireworks.

Dad probably could confirm the name of his orchid.  He did say it isn’t flowering as spectacularly as last year.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

Ricky is beautiful!

Welcome to a loving family, RR.

Lucy seems to be a very popular cat name.

@LionesssSue, what a great baby shower. Your daughter is lovely.  Hope she's feeling good.

@FromSea2ShiningSeaYou sure made lemonade out of lemons and then some. Congrats on your negative covid results. Have a wonderful cruise.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember having great bbq at Sunny Bryan's on Campbell in Richardson.  When I first moved to Plano, there was one in Macy's in the Stonebriar Mall near the bedding dept.  How weird is that?

The original Sonny Bryan’s was on Inwood , I am extremely happy , won several hundred playing poker , then was watched the Buffalo Bills win again , was surprised it was as close as it was . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think it's because so many people use a popular Social Media Website/App and find roll call groups there.  LOTS of people all over the world use that particular Social Media Website/App, whereas a very small percentage of people know what Cruise Critic is.

You might be right.  My March Oasis cruise is on that site.  I registered but hardly check it. I'll have to see if there's one for my Feb cruise.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1983 Toby and I bought our first house after 16 years of living in apartments.

The house was owned by an Architect who had to sell because he was relocating to NJ.We paid $80,000 which was a lot at that time.It was a 4 story house with two full bathrooms and one half bathroom.The area of the house was absolutely beautiful and we had wonderful neighbors.By 2000 we were the only people living on the block from those who lived there in 1983.

We kept in touch with several neighbors by phone and e-mail but aside from an occasional lunch or dinner with one or two couples were last together with everyone that we knew close to 20 years ago.A few weeks ago Toby reached out to those we are in contact with and suggested a group get together .

They are all coming to my house tomorrow.Some are coming from NJ and the others from various parts of NY.I have been looking forward to this reunion for so long and it is finally here.

Hope you have a lovely reunion with your neighbours.

8 hours ago, George C said:

The original Sonny Bryan’s was on Inwood , I am extremely happy , won several hundred playing poker , then was watched the Buffalo Bills win again , was surprised it was as close as it was . 

I'm happy with the win.  Not pleased with their run defense or how their offense disappeared in the second half.  And hopefully Poyer's elbow problem isn't serious.  Oh well...in the NFL all that matters is the W.  No need for style points like college football.

• Like 2

Happy Halloween everyone! My second favorite holiday. Here is a repurposed animation I created a couple of years ago for all my friends here on CC and on Dani's thread. I hope your Halloween is Spooktacular!!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Halloween everyone! My second favorite holiday. Here is a repurposed animation I created a couple of years ago for all my friends here on CC and on Dani's thread. I hope your Halloween is Spooktacular!!!

Happy Halloween!  Greg, your expertise always shines thru with every video you post.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think Ricky got his name because their old cat was Lucy.  

Who knew these young kids even heard of Lucy and Ricky?

Not me, but great names. Sorry to read about their loss, but happy to see this new addition to their home. 

• Like 3

Well I know I should be super excited about Game 3 of the World Series tonight in Philadelphia.

But it's just not as exciting because of the Houston Astros are in the Series. Back in 2017 they cheated and MLB didn't take away the Championship Ring from them. Should have, maybe they would have learned.

Well after the 1st 2 games of the series this year they are up to it again, 1st game using  a illegal bat, 2nd game rumors of a possible foreign substance used by their pitcher Valdez.

I just guess it will never stop with them, really makes for another tainted World Series when the Astros are involved. It Sucks !

I just wish the Phillies were playing any  other team from the American League besides the team from Houston !!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well I know I should be super excited about Game 3 of the World Series tonight in Philadelphia.

Well after the 1st 2 games of the series this year they are up to it again, 1st game using  a illegal bat, 2nd game rumors of a possible foreign substance used by their pitcher Valdez.

I am in no way defending the Astros as I want the Phillies to win too!    

But what I heard was the umpires checked their pitcher every inning and did not find any foreign substance.   I guess all eyes will be on his every move if he pitches tonight.

I am hoping the rain holds out for the game and the trick or treaters.   Definitely looks and feels like rain here in Bucks County. 

• Like 2

Today, our beautiful granddaughter Erin is celebrating her 21st Birthday!  She was our very first grandchild, who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop!!

We had rushed up to Massachusetts when our SIL called to say that our daughter Jennifer was in labor.  By the time we got to the hospital, it was just after midnight.  As we sat in the hallway, we asked a passing Nurse if she knew if our daughter had given birth yet.  She went and checked, and said that she had, and was still in the Delivery Room.  She asked if we'd like to go in and see her.  Really???  In the Delivery Room?  Jim and I quietly walked in, and there was our SIL, holding our Erin.  He asked if I'd like to hold the baby.  OMG!!!!  I held Erin in my arms, and she looked right into my eyes.  Love at first sight!💕

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am in no way defending the Astros as I want the Phillies to win too!    

But what I heard was the umpires checked their pitcher every inning and did not find any foreign substance.   I guess all eyes will be on his every move if he pitches tonight.

I am hoping the rain holds out for the game and the trick or treaters.   Definitely looks and feels like rain here in Bucks County. 

Wish they would have checked his glove better,. mostly all they checked was his bare hand...............You are aware he switched gloves  about half way through the game Saturday Night?

Why does a pitcher have to do that in less it was broke...........He didn't field enough balls to wear out his glove did he? He was up to something that's for sure.

Valdez is a starter, he won't pitch again until Game#7 if there is one.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wish they would have checked his glove better,. mostly all they checked was his bare hand...............You are aware he switched gloves  about half way through the game Saturday Night?

Why does a pitcher have to do that in less it was broke...........He didn't field enough balls to wear out his glove did he? He was up to something that's for sure.

As much as I want Houston to lose, it could have been sweaty. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

As much as I want Houston to lose, it could have been sweaty. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe if it was 95 degrees out and Sunny and Humid but game was indoors at about 67 degrees. Maybe we need to buy him a bottle of this.

NO SWEAT BUNDLE! with Anti-Monkey Butt Powder 6 oz. and Fresh Balls Lotion 3.4 oz.

And don't rip my shirt, I'm wired.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Today, our beautiful granddaughter Erin is celebrating her 21st Birthday!  She was our very first grandchild, who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop!!

We had rushed up to Massachusetts when our SIL called to say that our daughter Jennifer was in labor.  By the time we got to the hospital, it was just after midnight.  As we sat in the hallway, we asked a passing Nurse if she knew if our daughter had given birth yet.  She went and checked, and said that she had, and was still in the Delivery Room.  She asked if we'd like to go in and see her.  Really???  In the Delivery Room?  Jim and I quietly walked in, and there was our SIL, holding our Erin.  He asked if I'd like to hold the baby.  OMG!!!!  I held Erin in my arms, and she looked right into my eyes.  Love at first sight!💕

Happy 21st Birthday. Cheers!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I'm about as bitter as they come for obvious reasons but from what I read about the illegal bat is that it was banned for safety reasons,  not because it gave the the batter any kind of performance enhancement. Supposedly it shatters more easily than other bats. 

At least that's MLBs explanation. Of course, this is the same MLB that ignored the rumors of cheating for 2 years until a whistle-blower came forward.  Even then, I felt MLB dragged is feet until the evidence became overwhelming. 

Of course, knowing that they are under the microscope,  the Astros would have to know to be on their best behavior and keep things on the up and up. 

• Like 4