Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Jim, are they going to paint the AC grill the same color as the cabinets? (DH is "worried" that the colors do not fit.......😧)

Myself, I like the mat finish very much 👍

Yes, Most likely we are going to color match it to the cabinet colors eventually. The color of the cabinets is called Egg Shell on Maple wood. The grill is pure white, pretty much only way you can buy those 24" x 24" grills.

Also waiting for the front panel of that drawer below the Microwave.

For some reason that wasn't shipped either. Still waiting for  5 other  door panels for around the fridge and over by the stove area that didn't have the right divided pattern on them.........If you look real close you may see the messed up ones  that have to be replaced.

All the cabinets/doors on the island were correct.

The  door panels on the Microwave side are all correct.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

One of my favorite lines from the movie.

Mine too! The whole movie is just too funny. We also watch every year. Cracks me up every time even though by now we all know exactly what's coming next with probably most if not all of the script memorized. Some of my favorite scenes are with the neighbors.  "I don't KNOW Margo..."...too much!!! 

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, Most likely we are going to color match it to the cabinet colors eventually. The color of the cabinets is called Egg Shell on Maple wood. The grill is pure white, pretty much only way you can buy those 24" x 24" grills.

Also waiting for the front panel of that drawer below the Microwave.

For some reason that wasn't shipped either. Still waiting for  5 other  door panels for around the fridge and over by the stove area that didn't have the right divided pattern on them.........If you look real close you may see the messed up ones  that have to be replaced.

All the cabinets/doors on the island were correct.

The  door panels on the Microwave side are all correct.

Your new kitchen looks great and I’m eager to see your floor treatment.   You have a beautiful home.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Your new kitchen looks great and I’m eager to see your floor treatment.   You have a beautiful home.  

Brick on the right was for fire place and walls.

The one on the left is for the floor.  It is a full size brick when looking down from the top. We wanted the standard size bricks for the floor.

Each kind is only 1/2" thick..............Need only a half inch thick so the orange backing and the brick will equal about 3/4" to match our hardwood flooring height that the bricks mate up with.

Bricks on fireplace and walls, look almost the bricks on the outside of our house. Thin Clad Millstone

https://pinehallbrick.com/?s=millstone

They don't make the Millstone in the size we wanted for floor, we wanted a standard size brick for floor and this the closest they had so we went with it.

The floor is going to be  Old Mill Pavers

https://pinehallbrick.com/?s=old+mill+paver+tiles

https://pinehallbrick.com/products/old-mill/ 1/2" thick

Pine Hall  Brick Company is  about 90 miles from our house here in Virginia.

https://pinehallbrick.com/transform-your-interior-with-a-brick-floor-using-pavertiles/

Pine Hall is one of the only companies around that makes these 1/2" thick bricks to use indoors.

On the floor I will be using a sealer, but no sheen, it will still have a flat look just like the bricks look now. My Wife didn't want a shinny looking floor.

20221217_151716.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good morning everyone.This is the earliest I have ever been on line.

My daughter who we had the party for last night slept over.She left early and I wanted to see her before she left.

It is 38 degrees and windy here,but sunny.

Happy Birthday to your daughter @lenquixote66.  I hope you all had a lovely time together celebrating her birthday.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Went to Jersey Mike's a few minutes ago to get subs for lunch.  This was hanging on the wall.  I thought it was an interesting way to display a picture printed on canvas.  We might "steal" the folding beach chair frame idea.  Posting in case anyone else might want to use the idea.

IMG_0012.thumb.jpg.5067cba9446fec4111fe647896d3831a.jpg

People come up with such clever ideas.

Our state art gallery, had a sale on prints of famous paintings recently.  DH bought a Brett Whitely (Australian artist) poster sized print  for $10.  The framing will cost $750.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Mine too! The whole movie is just too funny. We also watch every year. Cracks me up every time even though by now we all know exactly what's coming next with probably most if not all of the script memorized. Some of my favorite scenes are with the neighbors.  "I don't KNOW Margo..."...too much!!! 

I want to get this Ugle Christmas Sweater!

AE6F4198-2D03-4766-89DE-7E083EC73898.thumb.jpeg.75f0deea956ef6becbdc5efc8a7bf56e.jpeg

• Haha 8

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is where we got the idea to use the brick on the flooring too. This guy was one of the first to use these  bricks on the floor.

https://pinehallbrick.com/paver-tiles-create-a-beautiful-and-functional-floor-for-bath-and-laundry-room/

Looks lovely !  I had imagined something entirely different .  

• Like 1

My “kids” love the ugly sweater idea but being summer in Australia, they are not very practical.  Son has worn them to Christmas parties and on Christmas morning but usually has to take them off within half an hour due to sweating.

(though we are currently in a cold snap so maybe this Christmas they can actually be worn)

Christmas rashies are far more practical here and they offer UPF 50+ sun protection.211AD8C8-7BC1-491B-BA0E-C0B04DD637A2.thumb.png.4d32df1e136b6c988224e7b7b3a8d60e.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I just love how evenly spaced they all are  from each other.  Do they ever change positions or is that how they always position themselves on that bed?

Storm (who is on the white cube) loves the cube and unless he is cuddled up next to me at night, that is where he likes to sleep.  Elmer (the other tabby) likes the top of the bed.  At night he likes to sleep on my pillow.  Samantha and Annabel are usually outside (which made this picture unusual).  At night Samantha sleeps in the living room while Annabel takes the foot of the bed on my side.  At night Rocco (a poodle mix) sleeps between my husband and me.  Samantha also has a plant stand she likes to sleep on.  Annabel does not sleep much.  LOL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I haven't been around much. Trying to get ready for the last Christmas party I'm hosting. This is number 3 with some of my remaining family members and some of my dearest longtime friends. Unfortunately one couple had to cancel due to Covid, another ended up with last minute conflict, and two dad and son who i've worked with for years are on the road to cover the Chiefs game in Houston. So I went from 12 to now 6 and it's depressing but what can you do? All the food is ordered and I will have to make due. At least one bit a good news. My liquor store owner friend came through on my request to purchase a highly coveted and allocated bourbon Pappy Van Winkle 12 Family reserve. Going to crack it open tonight. Cheers everyone.

1726266884_ScreenShot2022-12-17at11_51_37AM.thumb.png.3f822a9eef0f65276eb0464d04e02b96.png

Have you seen the movie, The Internship?  They reference the Pappy a few times. It’s a great movie. 

• Like 1