Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Christmas Day in Sydney.

The men of the family arrive at lunch inadvertently wearing the same Country Road shirt.

2FD05900-C161-4E98-8237-3AC88B8E3BF1.thumb.jpeg.ab8e7fa66d9afbe3d4670431e74a92f9.jpeg

Long leisurely lunch on the outside deck.  We enjoyed amongst other things; an extensive cheese board, prawns, oysters, freshly baked homemade bread, a variety of salads, ham off the bone followed by a superb trifle and Christmas pudding.

The weather was glorious, a nice sunny day with a pleasant sea breeze.

After our leisurely lunch, we headed to the beach for a

swim in the late afternoon. The water temp was just lovely.5C4559D6-4289-4797-AEE8-CDFC704B4EC3.thumb.jpeg.3676cfd0e6ea44b0d6402d1fb5550346.jpeg

1F369FBB-DEE0-4193-880A-6174CA3A1FCD.thumb.jpeg.03cdc389066908f554c55db71441ba86.jpeg

1F4F34C7-3E9D-4DE7-9ADF-A0E67932CC48.thumb.jpeg.ba05df95e4cc4ac1d373d83ab43e5412.jpeg

A11741E0-1C18-4522-931D-B1F568AB76A3.thumb.jpeg.4b1cc21aef00f381c0d029ab95093af0.jpeg

Great way to celebrate.  Pictures are great 

Merry Christmas Aussie and family. 🎄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just got a text from PECO our power company asking for all homeowners to conserve energy, if health permits, until 10 am tomorrow.   Sounds like power grid is under stress due to frigid temps.   I have timers set for all our outdoor lights/displays to go off just after midnight.   Have to make sure Santa finds us.  Hopefully no power losses.  

We got the same message from our power company here in Virginia.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Merry Christmas!   How is everyone feeling this morning?

Jack didn't want to get up .he was in bed all day yesterday, but he got up at Ryan's request, opened his gifts and is back in bed.  Jim's definitely got a bad cold..the other 3 of us are much better.  Thank you for asking!

We also are to conserve energy.  Darn this frigid weather is getting old!

Have a great day with your family,. Deb!

Stay warm, everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jack didn't want to get up .he was in bed all day yesterday, but he got up at Ryan's request, opened his gifts and is back in bed.  Jim's definitely got a bad cold..the other 3 of us are much better.  Thank you for asking!

Stay warm, everyone!

Sorry to hear Jack is feeling so poorly, but glad to see the rest of you are getting better.  Our grandkids were just getting over colds when they came last week, daughter got it while here now Jim are I are both starting.  Hopefully will be over quick.  Will take it though to have spent the time with them.

It was in the 20s here this morning, better than teens yesterday, at least the sun is out.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, may your holidays be full of love, laughter and most of all warm days. 🌲

For all who celebrate Hanukkah,  enjoy your last evening 🕎 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Quiet time with everyone all nestled snug in their beds. Time for Santa and a glass of Christmas warmth.

Merry Christmas my friends!

C29964B6-0274-481B-A0C8-059F365D6922.thumb.jpeg.0de185d3de942b61f09ab3ed8905775a.jpeg

Simple pleasures are life's treasures.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Stay warm, everyone!

Get well wishes to Jim!  Glad the rest of you are better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really happy to notice that this year's Happy Holidays, many posters felt at ease to post pictures of their meals, their kids and grandkids, and, of course -- even of themselves.

So nice to put a face to someone/s with whom we've been virtually in touch for almost 3 years now 🎄

Edited by dani negreanu
spelling
  • Like 22

My Wife bought me a first ever for me Drone.

Very small,cost about $50, looks like a little kids toy.

Anyone familiar with this model.

Looked on amazon,first thing somebody said is don't fly it on very windy days or it will fly away and never to be seen again 🤣

Any pointers I should know?

Figured maybe flying it around the golf course or up toward the mountain behind our house...........Just how far can these things travel from you? Got a feeling I'm going to be doing some mountain climbing to find this thing crashed somewhere. How hard or easy it it controlling these things?

20221225_123100.jpg

20221225_123045.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just got a text from PECO our power company asking for all homeowners to conserve energy, if health permits, until 10 am tomorrow.   Sounds like power grid is under stress due to frigid temps.   I have timers set for all our outdoor lights/displays to go off just after midnight.   Have to make sure Santa finds us.  Hopefully no power losses.  

I assume that Santa found his path to every house on his list.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Stay warm, everyone!

My cousins living in Barnegat finally got tired of the winter weather and bought a house in Arizona.

• Like 3

We left our house in Vienna Ohio at 6  am. Roads around Kent Ohio were icy. Slow traffic 40-50 mph. 
Had to call 911. Car ahead of us weaving into both lanes. One min going 60. The next 25. 
Got connected to highway patrol. Gave them information as he exited. He had to be drunk. 
Glad we called. 

Now let me tell you about road conditions 20 miles north of Columbus thru to Dayton. 
One almost continuous ice skating rink. Cars and trucks off the road In ditches. 5 trucks in ditches on their side. 

What normally would have been a 4 hour 15 min drive took 6 hours. 
Their were plows out dropping whatever they use. But when it’s 12 degrees I’ve not going anywhere. 

I actually had my flashers on for over an hour. 

Glad we made it. 
Baby Zoey doing great. 
Dinner at 6:30. 

Take care. 

B726A1A4-39FE-49CA-A479-1BC6EEDAC5BC.png

• Like 18

48 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We left our house in Vienna Ohio at 6  am. Roads around Kent Ohio were icy. Slow traffic 40-50 mph. 
Had to call 911. Car ahead of us weaving into both lanes. One min going 60. The next 25. 
Got connected to highway patrol. Gave them information as he exited. He had to be drunk. 
Glad we called. 

Now let me tell you about road conditions 20 miles north of Columbus thru to Dayton. 
One almost continuous ice skating rink. Cars and trucks off the road In ditches. 5 trucks in ditches on their side. 

What normally would have been a 4 hour 15 min drive took 6 hours. 
Their were plows out dropping whatever they use. But when it’s 12 degrees I’ve not going anywhere. 

I actually had my flashers on for over an hour. 

Glad we made it. 
Baby Zoey doing great. 
Dinner at 6:30. 

Take care. 

B726A1A4-39FE-49CA-A479-1BC6EEDAC5BC.png

Glad you made it safely.  Gorgeous photo.

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Jimbothe drone looks great. 

I look at it as a test drone to see if this is something I really want to pursue farther or not. Looks like this one doesn't really  have a long range it can travel but could be interesting to learn how these things work.

After getting this 85" inch Tv(Samsung QN85QN90A) now installed on the wall and searching 4K material on you tube. It's amazing how many people use these drones and make 4k Material for you tube. There are amazing video of all over the world that make you feel like you are really there.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4