Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was wonderful that everyone was able to be there for the past week.  Lots of fun memories for all.

Your family makes the best sand art😃

Being at the beach with feet in sand and watching the water helps heal our souls.  

Someday soon your Daughter will be well again🙏

Safe travels home 🥰

+1 @h20skibum

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just my opinion, but I think the bottom one looks better. 

+2 @Jimbo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now for a couple strange things we have seen.  

First, someone was walking their pony in Ft. Lauderdale. 

603B779F-7D34-4025-96DA-AFF0BB7100F6.thumb.jpeg.cd4a2df41ad09bb96b42883bfd6fc5bb.jpeg

Next, we encountered this strange squirrel at our first rest stop this morning. 

BFAD99FB-49F1-4DFC-A8A4-CDC86BD60F3F.thumb.jpeg.077f8d90696ed72bb48b5b8cd76cf353.jpeg

I think it is the same pose I had when Susan told me it was time to start the drive home. 

Safe travels Mark and Susan!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, George C said:

Hope your ready for tonight’s game our friends from Buffalo are with us and we are currently sipping a Johnny Walker Gold, he has has a Buffalo T-shirt and I have on a bar bills T-shirt, he went to bar bills recently and Josh Allen’s parents were there.

I'm as ready as I'm going to be, but still nervous.  Hugely important game to both teams.  Wearing my Thurman Thomas jersey.  I've got a bottle of bourbon on the line with a buddy from Cincinnati.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Jimbo-- The opinions about the two mirrors seems to be that the larger one is the better one for placement over the mantle. 

My opinion- I like the style of the 2nd mirror ,and the color of the frame goes along with some of the lighter color in the bricks. The design of the framing of the mirror makes the reflection of the beams and the pendant lights less noticeable.

However, the larger mirror fills the space better and the frame does go along with the grate in front of the fireplace and the fireplace accessories.

Of course the ultimate decision is what you and your wife prefer.

Here’s a thought though, have you considered a painting or a wreath to be placed over the mantle ?

MJ🙋🏻

Guess we are going "BIG" or go home for the mirror. 🙂

Yes during the Christmas Holiday we will take down the Mirror and put up a Christmas Wreath.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm as ready as I'm going to be, but still nervous.  Hugely important game to both teams.  Wearing my Thurman Thomas jersey.  I've got a bottle of bourbon on the line with a buddy from Cincinnati.  

I'll be watching as this has interest to Kansas City. I think it's going to be a great game. Chiefs are barely winning their games. Not looking good for them in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

After I retired I worked for a year with an IPA .The owner of the company was a Urologist who had other business interests .His partner in one of these business interests was Giuliani .If I told you what kind of business the two of them were in it would “blow your mind”.It had to do with Giuliani “cleaning up 42 St.

Hmmm, if you are suggesting that Mr. Mayor was part of a side business that involved getting the Ladies of the Evening off the streets and behind closed  doors,  well that sounds like a win-win for everyone.  

I had a friend, well a friend of my parents,  actually maybe a neighbor they tolerated, anyways he was not happy that the peep-show  capital of the world, aka Times Square, was  Disneyified.  His words, not mine. 

My reply was that Times Square is still separating people from their money for cheap thrills. Lol. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

We had a relatively easy drive on I-95 this morning, until we got to the intersection with I-4. Then, Susan got to enjoy that 10 mph speed on 95. 

EAF5FE98-753B-4141-A205-F1D45FEEC594.thumb.png.453ee6fc35f11d135d30c96e7cb9cbb0.png

That is where we saw the first of 17 crashes today, between there and Jacksonville.  They do them big here, because there were usually 4 or 5 vehicles in each crash. 

The stop at Daytona was for gas, and this. 

FAC1D8EB-3F4B-4D70-8DB6-8E7A550D0A95.thumb.jpeg.5661f12f63b3d58f8f9c2e82e994cb7d.jpeg

The couple times I stopped before, I never tried their food.  That brisket sandwich was delicious.  In honor of our soon to start diet, we picked up the XXL brisket. We are trying to eat all the good stuff before we get home, because that’s when it will stop 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is definitely a little more rain than we need all at one time. 

Bay Area Braces For More Extreme Weather After Historic Storm | Castro Valley, CA Patch

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I imagine you get a lot more of it than we do in the Central Valley.  I had stuff I wanted to do today outside... Now I'm sitting in my recliner complaining about the cold. I can't believe that I have lost all my inherent Vancouver imperviousness to cool damp weather.  It's not even really cold and I'm miserable about it.

I'm familiar with Bomb Cyclone & Polar Vortex but Atmospheric River is new weather term to me. 

Any chance this will end the never-ending California drought? Or is the rain falling on the wrong side of the state? 

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm familiar with Bomb Cyclone & Polar Vortex but Atmospheric River is new weather term to me. 

Any chance this will end the never-ending California drought? Or is the rain falling on the wrong side of the state? 

It is helping a little by adding to reservoirs, wells and groundwater storage. But unfortunately, there is no infrastructure down here to retain it, so most of the water just runs into the Bay. They next bunch of storms are supposed to come from the north and add to the snowpack, and that is most helpful when it melts in the spring. Thanks for asking. 

The Atmospheric River storms are very wet, but usually come from tropical areas, (Pineapple Express) so they don't really help much with the snow. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Hmmm, if you are suggesting that Mr. Mayor was part of a side business that involved getting the Ladies of the Evening off the streets and behind closed  doors,  well that sounds like a win-win for everyone.  

I had a friend, well a friend of my parents,  actually maybe a neighbor they tolerated, anyways he was not happy that the peep-show  capital of the world, aka Times Square, was  Disneyified.  His words, not mine. 

My reply was that Times Square is still separating people from their money for cheap thrills. Lol. 

Did anyone see Mr Mayor in the last Borat movie 😁😁😁

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No because the tools in Sacramento let 73% of the all fresh water flow strait out in the ocean without diverting it to farm or urban use.  This is a man made drought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

This is about 3/4 of a mile from our house. Major street between my town and next one, closed indefinitely. Remember the floating fishing dock destruction? This is the creek that comes out of the small lake where the pier was. They are going to have to remove most of that debris before Wednesday, or it is going to flood (badly) again. 🙄 Stay tuned. 😊

Flooding5.webp

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is helping a little by adding to reservoirs, wells and groundwater storage. But unfortunately, there is no infrastructure down here to retain it, so most of the water just runs into the Bay. They next bunch of storms are supposed to come from the north and add to the snowpack, and that is most helpful when it melts in the spring. Thanks for asking. 

The Atmospheric River storms are very wet, but usually come from tropical areas, (Pineapple Express) so they don't really help much with the snow. 

Yikes!

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

This is about 3/4 of a mile from our house. Major street between my town and next one, closed indefinitely. Remember the floating fishing dock destruction? This is the creek that comes out of the small lake where the pier was. They are going to have to remove most of that debris before Wednesday, or it is going to flood (badly) again. 🙄 Stay tuned. 😊

Flooding5.webp

So sorry that you all are going through all of this destructive weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Flooding5.webp

Ouch!  At least I don't see any cars in the creek.  I hope noone was hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1