Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/20/2021 at 5:25 PM, DaniDanielle said:

I remember 18!  At midnight on my actual birthday, I showed my real ID to our favorite bartender who thought I was 18 all along.  You could drink at 18 in New York, this was 1968.  Bartender was annoyed with me but I always tipped above and beyond so all was forgiven🤪

Why do I not remember having to show ID’s at bars in NY ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, I gathered “along the way” that some of our “team” have a “certain”, let’s call it “style”, but @grapau27???

He is, after all, British 😇

Stiff upper lip & all.

Thank you he is so kind and lovely.

He is too quick to help and posted a meme from the humour thread when someone asked for it.

I only joined cruise critic to give an update on Sarah's covid19 after your very kind concern.

Thank you.

Love Paw xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Etta here. Welcome, Pauline !  I especially loved a recent photo G posted of Domino. And I love your lovely sense of style; you always look great.

Thank you Etta.

Our Domino died a few years ago and we all miss him millions.

P xx.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Can I have the other half? 

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

John had 1 1/2. Lunch for him tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Spoken for. John's lunch. But I can tell you how to make them.

Those Reubens look amazing, though I prefer them "ready made" 😉😁

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Weather here yesterday was wonderful. We spent most of the day riding our motorcycles. Then we had some friends over for some Sirloin. 

78A64739-2D54-49F5-9BB4-63C944F00D74.jpeg

84608635-AE6C-4FB3-90CD-26E20805C9B5.jpeg

Every time I get the sense that I should stop eating animals pictures like that remind me why I can't.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

For me, it’s seems to always be a few. I will just avoid relying to them. 

I missed the earlier thread, have learned my lesson on the latest one and will now join you in this sentiment. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Another home day for Owen.  Mother Nature played the spoiler role, for her part in cancelling  the school buses.  Snow, wind, rain, and snow. A little freezing rain as well.  It is just about freezing right now.

The positive... since he has been doing homeschooling from January to early February the teacher now just post their daily work on-line.  He and Lisa are just going over it now. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

2 grocery stores, neither fully stocked

Amen to that....I know the feeling. What's becoming "routine" around here is shoveling snow. This morning we did the usual get-up-at-5:30-to-hit-the-grocery-store-when-it-opens-at-6. I'm promising myself that once we have the 2nd dose of moderna I'm going to shift this grocery shopping time at least an hour later! Zzzzzzz.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Another home day for Owen.  Mother Nature played the spoiler role, for her part in cancelling  the school buses.  Snow, wind, rain, and snow. A little freezing rain as well.  It is just about freezing right now.

The positive... since he has been doing homeschooling from January to early February the teacher now just post their daily work on-line.  He and Lisa are just going over it now. 

We are transitioning back to zoom schools. One hears so much about get back to real schools. We had so many schools with busted water pipes and damage that are cancelled for in person school now until spring break.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think you said Bucky served. He should be able to get a Free park access pass. Not sure what discount for RV. 

He doesn't use the Veteran discount much...except for Lowes...which right now gets a lot of our money!!  😄 

For National parks (day visit, not camping) he bought the senior pass, which is one time fee, entry good for life, including anyone that is in the vehicle with him.  Worked really well in Maine visiting Acadia NP.  

State parks here in Florida for camping site rental is 50% off for any resident over 65.  And as of this year, I qualify as well, don't have to bring in his DL at registration...just mine.  😄  Very good deal, but problem is now with everyone wanting to "staycation" and take their RV into the state parks...with all the seniors here...very tough to get a site.   

And not just locals...record number from other states as well wanting to take their RV here during the winter months.  Sub for cruising I guess, and can keep "social distancing" in their own rig.    😉 

• Like 4