Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I planted the garden beds yesterday.  We are going to try strawberries, tomatoes and squash.  This is the first year for the garden so we will see how it goes.

Garden.thumb.jpeg.e064274ca93c6ab81e17b0625170f931.jpeg

My sister does those raised beds as well.  Sigh...wish I could!!  😮  Great job!  

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

My sister does those raised beds as well.  Sigh...wish I could!!  😮  Great job!  

The wood was what we took off the pump house when we resided it in metal.  The dirt is from a pile that was back in the woods left by the previous owner.  If these produce well we have enough for one more. The acreage is a work in progress.  My husband is having his last big shed built in two weeks so we are slowly getting our list of projects completed.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Waiting for Home Depot to open this morning.

Last night we saw some bits and pieces of pipe wrap insulation on the floor by the furnace in the basement.  Took a quick look around and didn’t see anything so swept it up and left it.  This morning I went down to take a look and heard an animal scampering about  on the suspended in the furnace room and then a face peeking over the edge where the tiles stop by the furnace. I didn’t have the light on but it’s either a squirrel or a chipmunk. 

Last night after we found the debris we went outside and the mesh screening at the end of the furnace exhaust/intake pipes had fallen out.  We had a squirrel get in this way about 10 years ago.

Time to buy some traps.

I think we have, or more accurately I should say had, a squirrel in our attic.  There is a powerful stench coming from the ceiling in the office.  Open windows, ceiling fan on high, and lots of Febreze, but the smell persists.  We have a pest control person coming tomorrow.  The previous owners of the house had security cameras mounted under the eaves in 3 corners of the house.  They took the cameras with them but left holes in the eaves.  I sealed them with foam a couple of weeks ago and wonder if I sealed in an animal. Yuch.

• Like 2

I posted about a month ago that I missed a great picture of the full moon rising from the sea.  At the time I figured that if I waited another 30 days for the next full moon, I'd get another chance.  Yesterday was another full moon but I didn't consider that sunset is now much later than a month ago and the moonrise happened before the sun set.  Not nearly has dramatic.  This pic is OK from my phone, but I'll need to break out my camera, the big zoom, and a tripod to get a really good shot.

Moon.thumb.jpg.e1cfcf8a387de5d01ae94d232bf99049.jpg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think we have, or more accurately I should say had, a squirrel in our attic.  There is a powerful stench coming from the ceiling in the office.  Open windows, ceiling fan on high, and lots of Febreze, but the smell persists.  We have a pest control person coming tomorrow.  The previous owners of the house had security cameras mounted under the eaves in 3 corners of the house.  They took the cameras with them but left holes in the eaves.  I sealed them with foam a couple of weeks ago and wonder if I sealed in an animal. Yuch.

Having whatever it is dying in the rafters is my fear...not looking to start ripping out drywall. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A beautiful sunset after a warm day. Most of the ice has melted in our laneway too. Unfortunately the gravel road is like driving g on a sponge of mud. 
The sunset glow hit the moon perfectly.  So wish I had more than my phone. 

200D0810-3396-475D-AC54-E96590D69D24.thumb.jpeg.4a9aa3969a0cc24329049cd8d60e2371.jpeg

Andrew, my DH is an amateur photographer.

He said that "all your pictures are beautiful", but this one left him in awe.

[picture quoted for effect 👍]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

If any of my doctors or dentists want proof of my vaccine when I tell them I have received it, they must not believe my statement.  Not sure I would want them as my doctor/dentist if they think I am not telling the truth?  But that's just me I guess.  

I've had patients come in and say they have been vaccinated. We just note the dates in their chart and thank them for the update.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

The wood was what we took off the pump house when we resided it in metal.  The dirt is from a pile that was back in the woods left by the previous owner.  If these produce well we have enough for one more. The acreage is a work in progress.  My husband is having his last big shed built in two weeks so we are slowly getting our list of projects completed.

Nice!  Love the wide open scenery behind hubs there.  Beautiful area!  🤗

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've had patients come in and say they have been vaccinated. We just note the dates in their chart and thank them for the update.

As it should be.  🤗  My sister would never question someone who told her they received it...nor would she if they told her they got the Flu shot, Shingles shot, Pneumonia shot, Rabies, etc.  😮 

Now if a business tells you in advance you need to be vaccinated before you use them...yeah...I can see where they would probably want proof. 

Guessing...and still just a guess here...that the cruise lines will require it, (to appease the great and powerful CDC 😉 )....then I would expect to provide proof.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice!  Love the wide open scenery behind hubs there.  Beautiful area!  🤗

It is 370 acres of a tree nursery that are north and west of us.  Across the street are peanut and cotton fields.  That just leaves a neighbor to the south who also has 10 acres.  The way the houses are set all I see are his horses who are very nice.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is a pleasant and sunny 52°F today.

We have been to church this morning and our reverend David mentioned my late dad's memory (March 5th) during prayers.

We have just had a couple of McDonald's wraps and are sitting looking out at sea.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Graham.

16145145541844975646376917929187.jpg

Graham, thanks for the beach photos for those of us who are too far away.

I love the use of jab for a shot, so much more descriptive.  I learned a new British slang this morning.  Watching the Tottenham game the advertising sign said “cars without the faff “.  I had never come across this term and had to look it up.  The definition was something overly complicated for no reason.  Faff sounds much better than the bull s*&# I would normally use.

So, I’ve gotten food suggestions, laughs and new vocabulary from this thread! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Those are great shots for a phone!! Which one are you using??

iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Andrew, my DH is an amateur photographer.

He said that "all your pictures are beautiful", but this one left him in awe.

[picture quoted for effect 👍]

Too kind.  I am far from his skills. I just take pictures of what catches my eye. I will accept the kind words though. 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Last night after we found the debris we went outside and the mesh screening at the end of the furnace exhaust/intake pipes had fallen out.  We had a squirrel get in this way about 10 years ago.

Time to buy some traps.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ok, how about a true squirrel in the house story.  Several years ago, after we bought this house, we had a squirrel fall down the fireplace chimney.  The chimney did not have a cap on it, but the flue liner was too smooth for him to climb back out. I had the damper closed so it couldn’t get into the firebox.  I figured he would eventually succumb, and I would get him out then.

We heard the squirrel carrying on for a week, and it was driving my wife crazy. So one Sunday, unbeknownst to me, she opened the damper and left the glass doors closed. My daughter had come downstairs, and the squirrel was now in the firebox behind the glass doors, and the cat was pawing the doors from the family room side.  Anyhow, the cat and squirrel hit the doors just right for them to open, and the squirrel shot out of there like the one coming out of the Christmas tree in Christmas Vacation.

She grabbed the cat and locked themselves in a bedroom.   Meanwhile, we come home to see this crazed squirrel racing around the house.  So we closed all the doors where it wasn’t, and I started chasing it.  I told my wife to open the patio door, so it would give him an out, but she no sooner got the curtain open when it came racing in, leaped at the closed door and fell back dazed.  I made one more round, and this time she had the door open and he finally escaped!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hi Lenny, Brooklyn no doubt. Love, love Carol and James. I can listen to them for hours. I might still have my Tapestry album somewhere.

As far as the food pics, YUM.

I also have my Tapestry album somewhere as well as every album that Barbra ever recorded.

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, how about a true squirrel in the house story.  Several years ago, after we bought this house, we had a squirrel fall down the fireplace chimney.  The chimney did not have a cap on it, but the flue liner was too smooth for him to climb back out. I had the damper closed so it couldn’t get into the firebox.  I figured he would eventually succumb, and I would get him out then.

We heard the squirrel carrying on for a week, and it was driving my wife crazy. So one Sunday, unbeknownst to me, she opened the damper and left the glass doors closed. My daughter had come downstairs, and the squirrel was now in the firebox behind the glass doors, and the cat was pawing the doors from the family room side.  Anyhow, the cat and squirrel hit the doors just right for them to open, and the squirrel shot out of there like the one coming out of the Christmas tree in Christmas Vacation.

She grabbed the cat and locked themselves in a bedroom.   Meanwhile, we come home to see this crazed squirrel racing around the house.  So we closed all the doors where it wasn’t, and I started chasing it.  I told my wife to open the patio door, so it would give him an out, but she no sooner got the curtain open when it came racing in, leaped at the closed door and fell back dazed.  I made one more round, and this time she had the door open and he finally escaped!!!

Soo funny!  Thanks for the morning laugh!  Have seen videos of many animals that got into a house, and panicked like that.  The saddest ones were the Deer or Moose videos for damage to the house...and themselves...the poor crazed animals!  😮 

• Like 3

As someone posted earlier;  yes it is like we are doing a world cruise for the last 11 1/2 months with everyone on this thread.

I feel like I have made new friends.

I wonder once cruising commences if we would have the opportunity to actually meet some of the posters.

It would be fun to meet all on this thread.

And.

A very active live thread poster I have not heard from, and surprised he has not joined the conversation on this thread.  His cruise critic name is MrFunInTheSun.  I just hope he is safe and healthy.

Anyway, here's till someday soon when we sail.

Stay healthy 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Years ago I had a cat who did that with moles from the back yard.  It was a nasty little surprise but it solved my mole problem.

Yes, same here, moles and field mice were brought to me as presents on a regular basis.  A snake once or twice as well as poor baby bunnies.   At least she played with bunnies and didnt hurt them. Last summer she played for several weeks with this funny little mouse that used to jump in the air.  Never saw a mouse behave like he did.  Then one day she had enough of him.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

A very active live thread poster I have not heard from, and surprised he has not joined the conversation on this thread.  His cruise critic name is MrFunInTheSun.  I just hope he is safe and healthy.

Last he was seen on CC -- April 6th, 2020 ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Are you big McDonalds fans?  I saw someone else mention your McDonalds. 

I used to look for them when I was travelling for the free wifi, but this last trip to florida to see the condo, the lobbys were locked and closed. Drive thru only. Disappointing! Covid be gone. One mcdonalds at the texas and Louisiana border the drive thru was not moving, so jammed I got out of line. Would be over a hour wait. The best thing I had driving was a chicken mcgriddle. The sweetness went surprisingly well with a fried chicken patty. I rarely eat at them at home, just travelling I sampled their menu.

I had heard several months ago that McDonald's and Burger King had closed their indoor dining across the US, I hardly ever go to there but I guess they have decided to continue with drive thru only for now as i always see a line at the one near us.

• Like 1