Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Keksie said:

See post 102099. Short explanation = take oil, some chemical to kill lice, put in oiler and let pigs rub against the wheels.  

I know, I read it. I was just saying that I didn't Google it as I knew someone here would come through.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

This made my snorkel-loving heart sad.... Roatan is one of my favorite stops for all-day snorkeling right off the beach at West Bay!!!!  Twenty bucks for round trip transportation and I can snorkel to my heart's content.

Is this in a shared van? I have never seen s rate of $20 RT for a solo without negotiation.

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DH's "gamble" -- butter churner .... with Jimbo's a close second....

There should be a box like compartment on the bottom to catch the cobs/kernels.

Edited by Jimbo

My grandmother had a butter churner on the farm, nothing like that. Jimbo's guess sounds good, you could put you ears of corn in to remove the corn from the cob, then grind the kernals into meal to make corn bread.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Corn sheller

Winner, winner chicken dinner.  It is a corn sheller.  Bring your own box or container for catching.  It was probably for pop corn since the opening only works with small ears. Found in an antique store in a dark corner.  It now lives in my dining room.  Here is a picture of the interior workings.

Resized_20230819_090125.thumb.jpeg.c48ffc233bc8f11b8413801f1af4ac37.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some might remember pics I posted a couple years ago of a chest of drawers I built.  After building it I decided to modify the plans and build a TV stand.

While on the Hawaii cruise I mentioned to one of our friends that I started a TV stand and had never finished it. When we got back home he asked to finish it for us.  Today he delivered it! So nice.  He did a great job! 

20230818_210911.thumb.jpg.5ce7173e616d4348bf3bea369fb0ab78.jpg

That turned out beautifully. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've decided to switch from the Emergency Department to the inpatient part of the hospital. 

I read that wrong at first.  I thought,  why do you want to move to an impatient area.  😆 That would make me sick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is this in a shared van? I have never seen s rate of $20 RT for a solo without negotiation.

Yes.  I can't remember if others were with us but there was 5 of us. @brillohead, me and Sharon,  and the couple that cruise with us.  You might remember but the next week Debbi went again and came back with a couple drunk ladies that she helped make it back to the ship.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

So, the latest job update for me -- I've decided to switch from the Emergency Department to the inpatient part of the hospital.  

I tried to make it work in Emergency, but I just can't turn off the part of my personality that takes the time to talk with my patient and establish a rapport with them before I start stabbing them with needles and taking their blood, etc.  And in the Emergency Department, it's all about "treat 'em and street 'em" -- there's no time to take the time to get to know your patient or set them at ease.  

I oriented on the inpatient unit this week on day shift, and I go to night shift (where I belong!!!!) next week.  I'll likely be off orientation by the end of my second week (compared to 90+ days of orientation in Emergency)... this is just a better fit for my nursing skillset.  I'm very happy with the move!

This is great! So happy for you.

• Thanks 1