Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve always had a mustache and I remember a few games where it was so cold shooting video I had icicles coming off mine.  I’ve already texted our photog at halftime and he said it’s really tough out there.

I grew a mustache a day after graduating HS and have had many that were iced over the years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes we are the only ship that is there.  Thanks...

We were on the Adventure and only ship in .  It was our first visit there. We had a great day and it wasn’t crowded. We took the boat across the bay then the shuttle back at the end of the day. The only thing was they didn’t open all the food venues - not sure if that was due to lack of staff or lack of guests? It wasn’t a problem for us but something to consider if you want it close by. There was bar service close by. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, George C said:

We live close to hospital so we never have lost power , others did . 

I remember that icy weather in February, I think 2021.  We also lived near a hospital and never lost power.

I saw no forecast for possible snow here.  It's just freezing cold, 12 degrees now.  We just got back from Costco.  No biggie.  Just put on our winter jackets (which I wore less than 10 times here in 20 years).  People have been stocking up on essentials and are hunkered down in their homes.  To me, this is regular NY Winter not even single digit weather.  When we get infrequent snow or ice, that's when I stay in.  

@A&L_Ont Andrew, best wishes for your mom's total recovery. Stay warm and dry everyone in inclement weather.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember that icy weather in February, I think 2021.  We also lived near a hospital and never lost power.

I saw no forecast for possible snow here.  It's just freezing cold, 12 degrees now.  We just got back from Costco.  No biggie.  Just put on our winter jackets (which I wore less than 10 times here in 20 years).  People have been stocking up on essentials and are hunkered down in their homes.  To me, this is regular NY Winter not even single digit weather.  When we get infrequent snow or ice, that's when I stay in.  

@A&L_Ont Andrew, best wishes for your mom's total recovery. Stay warm and dry everyone in inclement weather.

It is snowing where I live and sticking.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve always had a mustache and I remember a few games where it was so cold shooting video I had icicles coming off mine.  I’ve already texted our photog at halftime and he said it’s really tough out there.

Did Linda ever see you without a mustache ? Toby never saw me without facial hair till 2016 when I decided to let people see me clean shaven.The consensus was to grow back the beard and mustache.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friend had to spend 4 months in a hotel with his dogs while his house was being repaired, but looks great now , he is in Plano . Might get some freezing sleet later . Cowboys are lucky to be in dome stadium for todays game doubt they will have much tailgating before the game . Rooting for the packers, but do love to see Freddie Jones play the national anthem, he is a great musician and a really nice man.

• Like 2

They haven't even started yet to shovel out the stadium.

image.png.e6c2ea6a3408b830aa7b92daaf9b6bdc.png

https://livebeachcam.net/buffalo-bills-stadium-webcam-highmark-stadium/

From  yesterday:

Those who were complaining about the postponement of the Steelers-Bills game from Sunday at 1:00 p.m. ET to Monday at 4:30 p.m. ET got real quiet real fast when video emerged of the Ice Station Zebra conditions at the stadium on Saturday night.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They haven't even started yet to shovel out the stadium

Just watched some live weather reporting from Hamburg, which isn’t far from the stadium.  It looks pretty nasty there.

My son lived a few blocks from the stadium in Orchard Park for a while, before he moved to Williamsville, not far from the Buffalo airport.  

After living in three areas of New York that are always competing for the worst winter weather, it is no wonder he prefers California now.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anybody have trouble cutting your cats nails, try this 🤣😲

https://www.facebook.com/reel/369975765612491

I think this is the same video that Debbie @brillohead posted a week or two ago.     Petey, the cat we adopted from a rescue shelter when he was about 6 months old always gives me trouble trying to cut his nails, I may give this a try.   Although I'm not sure I want the cat hair in my mouth

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think this is the same video that Debbie @brillohead posted a week or two ago.     Petey, the cat we adopted from a rescue shelter when he was about 6 months old always gives me trouble trying to cut his nails, I may give this a try.   Although I'm not sure I want the cat hair in my mouth

Really, I must have missed that.

• Like 1

After looking at the 10 day forecast for Cape Coral and Gasparilla Island and speaking with my Boss, we have decided to postpone our trip.    Originally scheduled to fly to Ft Meyers airport Thursday morning but with temps to be in the 60's with rain and high winds forecasted for most of the weekend we decided to postpone our trip for a couple of weeks. 

image.png.6893719a28ddeb738fd40a81e1ea7dc1.png

It saddens me to think we cancelled our Anthem sailing for Jan 18th 11 nighter because of Yeshiva week and now postponing this trip.    I was so hoping to be soaking up some warm sun somewhere this January.    For now, we have our fireplace and cats to snuggle up with.  

I hope everyone remains safe during this brutal cold weather and has no issues with power outages.

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

After looking at the 10 day forecast for Cape Coral and Gasparilla Island and speaking with my Boss, we have decided to postpone our trip.    Originally scheduled to fly to Ft Meyers airport Thursday morning but with temps to be in the 60's with rain and high winds forecasted for most of the weekend we decided to postpone our trip for a couple of weeks. 

It saddens me to think we cancelled our Anthem sailing for Jan 18th 11 nighter because of Yeshiva week and now postponing this trip.    I was so hoping to be soaking up some warm sun somewhere this January.    For now, we have our fireplace and cats to snuggle up with.  

I hope everyone remains safe during this brutal cold weather and has no issues with power outages.

My granddaughter just texted from her college town .It is minus 1 and snowing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to pictures of the boat.