Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Etta1213I know how you feel about missing normal life.  I know we have to accept this and learn to live with it, but it is hard.  It’s the constant worrying that makes it worse.  Good luck to you.

@Sunshine3601He has been hydrating, no one can seem to figure out why his pressure and sugar levels fluctuate so much. I worry because he has his heart 21years now and that is very long for a transplant.  We should buy shares of Gatorade!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Etta1213I know how you feel about missing normal life.  I know we have to accept this and learn to live with it, but it is hard.  It’s the constant worrying that makes it worse.  Good luck to you.

@Sunshine3601He has been hydrating, no one can seem to figure out why his pressure and sugar levels fluctuate so much. I worry because he has his heart 21years now and that is very long for a transplant.  We should buy shares of Gatorade!

My mom had issues with her bp and oxygen fluctuating and imo the doctors were no help, said she was old. Tested her heart and lungs, but never did a mri. Eventually she had a large stroke.  Idk if a MRI would have caught the issues that were in her head not her heart but I still feel like they missed a important test. Not easy to get a MRI. Even after her stroke took 3 days. Our hospital at least MRI hard to schedule. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It took awhile for the insurance to okay Charlie’s MRI.  Said it wasn’t necessary, meanwhile ortho needed it to confirm damage!!  

When I say difficult .. the doctors were calling me Saturday to just pull the plug. I said I wanted confirmation of what happened..  they pushed me 3 times very hard to not schedule a MRI. I had to stand firm. They said emergency had the MRI all backed up all day. I was like schedule it. Then we can discuss. I'm not going to just say oh it looks like she had a stroke.

I'm still mad at myself for not knowing or doing one before her stroke. We had warnings, as I said up and down bp and oxygen levels. I'm not sure I've forgiven myself for not knowing to push for this when she had issues. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

When I say difficult .. the doctors were calling me Saturday to just pull the plug. I said I wanted confirmation of what happened..  they pushed me 3 times very hard to not schedule a MRI. I had to stand firm. They said emergency had the MRI all backed up all day. I was like schedule it. Then we can discuss. I'm not going to just say oh it looks like she had a stroke.

I'm still mad at myself for not knowing or doing one before her stroke. We had warnings, as I said up and down bp and oxygen levels. I'm not sure I've forgiven myself for not knowing to push for this when she had issues. 

Jane, please don't beat yourself up.  From reading your posts, you were an exemplary daughter to both your parents.

• Like 11

@Ourusualbeach I have a question...We are on a b2b on Freedom in August final payment on 1st cruise is May 6th second cruise is May 13th. We were sent new invoices today showing the prices have gone up for Taxes Fees and port expenses. 1st week up $33.96 2nd week up $47.01  there are 3 of us in cabin. I assume Royal is allowed to change theses prices whenever they want?

7 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

@Ourusualbeach I have a question...We are on a b2b on Freedom in August final payment on 1st cruise is May 6th second cruise is May 13th. We were sent new invoices today showing the prices have gone up for Taxes Fees and port expenses. 1st week up $33.96 2nd week up $47.01  there are 3 of us in cabin. I assume Royal is allowed to change theses prices whenever they want?

This is the Bahamas tax increase that the Bahamas introduced last year that Royal passed along to guests. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the Bahamas tax increase that the Bahamas introduced last year that Royal passed along to guests. 

If the person agreed on a price and paid a deposit, how can the cruise line charge the customer more money now. The cruise line should eat that increase , not charge the customer when a new invoice should they?

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If the person agreed on a price and paid a deposit, how can the cruise line charge the customer more money now. The cruise line should eat that increase , not charge the customer when a new invoice should they?

Depends on how your contract is worded.  They can now pass increased fuel cost if oil reaches a certain price. Maybe it is the same for these prices also, or not. You would have to read the contract to be sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Most of the time they do, this time RCI didn’t. 

I would ask for my money back and take it somewhere else unless it's in the contract. Don't think it is on taxes and port fees.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It's burried somewhere in the 17 pages of fine print of the cruisecticket contract.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's burried somewhere in the 17 pages of fine print of the cruisecticket contract.  

Not burried that well, it's added on the very last page of the 17 page contract last paragraph(pretty slick) how many people have read the contract to the end?. Means pretty much they can decide to raise the price you agreed on and booked at, at any old time they decide.......Buyer Beware!

Pretty much means when you check in at the pier , you may or may not be paid in full anymore!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/guest-terms/content/uploads/2023/03/Royal-CTC-U.S.-rev-02.17.23-final.pdf

21. SUPPLEMENT CHARGES: Operator reserves the right to impose a supplemental charge relating to unanticipated occurrences including, but not limited to, increases in the price of fuel. Any such supplement charges may apply, at Operator’s sole discretion, to both existing and new bookings (regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full). Such supplements are not included in the Cruise or CruiseTour Fare.

Also found it written this way in another place: Wonder if you got to the pier and you refused to pay the additional fees and they canceled you at the pier would you be given a full refund or completely lose all your money. That would only be if you got that far and didn't get cancelled 90 days out when final was due I guess.

b. Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses. Taxes, fees, and port expenses (collectively, “Taxes and Fees”) include fees, charges, costs and taxes imposed on Carrier, by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities, as well as third party fees and charges relating to the Vessel’s navigation, operations or presence in a port or harbor. By way of example, and not limitation, Taxes and Fees may include immigration-related fees, passenger head taxes, dockage fees,  wharfage fees lol, inspection fees, pilotage, canal tolls, navigation fees, environmental impact fees, charges relating to the cost of acquiring government-mandated carbon emission allowances, or charges related to berthing, stevedoring, baggage handling or storage, and security services.  Guest acknowledges that Taxes and Fees are estimated by Carrier at the time of booking and subject to change.  Carrier may pass through any increases to applicable Taxes and Fees at any time after booking.  Carrier may, in its sole discretion, require Guest to prepay such increase in Taxes and Fees prior to boarding the Vessel or apply such increase to Guest’s onboard folio at the time of sailing.  Guest’s refusal or failure to prepay any such increase may be deemed a cancellation by Guest.

Edited by Jimbo

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It took awhile for the insurance to okay Charlie’s MRI.  Said it wasn’t necessary, meanwhile ortho needed it to confirm damage!!  

I am so sorry that you are going through all of these health problems with Charlie.  I wish you some peace, Marietta, I can only imagine how exhausted you are.  (((Hugs)))😘

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Finally have the chance to go through pictures from our day Monday.  Every year on the Monday after the Masters they hold a charity golf event locally sponsored by Darius Rucker.  We used to go each year but during covid they only had the VIPs (very pricey tickets) so missed it.  They opened up to general public with limited tickets this year so we were able to again.  It always surprises me how most of the players, many well known, are very friendly.  In years past most holes were open to all, this year they limited about half.  Jim  knew the sports guys, I knew some of the others.  Got some pics but tried not to hold them up too much, have many more but here are a few. Great weather, and a fun day.

Big picture area right outside the clubhouse

20240415_110717.thumb.jpg.a761f51a4ab2fe5477dab5b9d98db71e.jpg

20240415_122630.thumb.jpg.c1c153e2e3e37b0620e357ef675e0e81.jpg

Jim Sonefeld, the drummer from Hootie, he popped out to visit his wife and friends

20240415_114538.thumb.jpg.1e4e5148529a0bce76631df3e401fc58.jpg

Jim McMahon, he recently hurt his ankle, notice the bare feet

IMG_20240416_194147.thumb.jpg.3cec0865a0de4396aad45230fc328161.jpg

Sterling Sharpe

IMG_20240416_194202.thumb.jpg.25aaeb6e586c315da161644e84702bc2.jpg

Missed Urban Meyer looking up, oops

IMG_20240416_194159.thumb.jpg.3c40415dc14cd8e59cb3eb77c369dfcc.jpg

Craig Melvin from the Today show

20240415_121408.thumb.jpg.622560c97583deea2e70c6c2a1741f41.jpg

Dan Marino and Darius

20240415_131423.thumb.jpg.14e195c57eb5dc9de1fadddc6a3fe5e2.jpg

Darius with his security,  it was the people behind me they were watching 🤣

20240415_131614.thumb.jpg.00c24eefd0b312a02907d665050ca7c9.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yeah, insurance companies that have never set their eyes on a patient make the decisions instead of physicians who have actually layed their hands on the patient.....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Chances are very good that an MRI would have showed nothing. They can confirm a stroke but they are not predictors of stroke.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1