Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, DeltaOne said:

I found some info here:

https://www.frommers.com/tips/cruise/icon-of-the-seas-doesnt-have-enough-lifeboatson-purpose

Here's the pertinent part:

Icon of the Seas, like an increasing number of vessels, is also equipped with what the maritime industry terms a Marine Evacuation System (MES). When a signal to abandon ship is issued by the bridge, MES systems deploy escape tubes over a ship's sides. Escaping passengers make their way down the tubes using an internal ladder system and descend into rafts that are capable of fully inflating within 90 seconds.

Per the article, 17 lifeboats at 450 people per boat equals 7650 person lifeboat capacity.  Also per the article, double occupancy is 5610 guests.  The ship will often be more than double occupancy but still plenty of lifeboat capacity for guests.  I agree that they'd probably use the MES system just for crew, especially if there's some training needed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I missed it. Happy belated birthday. Looks like you had a great celebration.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1   🌺 🥂 💐    Renee @ReneeFLL

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy belated birthday to you.  Drinking deserts sounds good to me. 😁

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Belated Birthday!  That chocolate cake is beautiful, but Key Lime Pie is my favorite dessert. Double desserts and double drinks; why not have it all on your special day?!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

• Like 2

@ReneeFLL Happy belated bday from me as well Renee!  I would say you celebrated very well!  

@Luckynana Safe journey home Maryann and Jim!  I am so glad you are in time for some fun events with your grands.  

Spring in Michigan is in full swing and my Daffodils and Pear tree are blooming nicely!  It's time for me to test out my hand (trigger finger surgery in Jan) with my golf game.  Hoping it is better than last year!😆daffodils.thumb.jpg.6f421249bb9c282eec63c857e83fe18c.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I just googled Easter cactus since I'd like one that blooms later than my Christmas cactus. All 3 have different leaves when it comes to the Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Easter cactus. Looks like I'll be looking for one. Hopefully Home Depot still has some.

https://planetdesert.com/blogs/news/holiday-cactus-christmas-cactus-thanksgiving-cactus-easter-cactus-differences

Just called 2 Home Depots and a Lowes. None in stock. 😔

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Safe travels, wow that went fast but I am sure you are ready to get back to your family.

Belated Happy Birthday, great way to celebrate, two of each sounds great but definitely agree save my calories for the drinks, hiccup.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Totally agree about drinking my desserts, that's why I usually skip them.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I had the unenviable job of taking Ricky to the vet. Time for another blood test to see how he is progressing.  He is still on steroids and antibiotics. 

IMG_0960.thumb.jpeg.016bed9f6e73e18ef8e20d01fa9cf685.jpeg

Yeah, he doesn’t want to leave the carrier at the vet’s office.  

Time to rest after getting home from the ordeal. 

IMG_0957.thumb.jpeg.8cd4a2b3b2c0e3f1a0b2a86e27d0ca42.jpeg

He does still seem to be improving. 

Hope he feels better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And from me too, late as usual.🙋‍♂️

Thanks OB.

8 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@ReneeFLL Happy belated bday from me as well Renee!  I would say you celebrated very well!  

@Luckynana Safe journey home Maryann and Jim!  I am so glad you are in time for some fun events with your grands.  

Spring in Michigan is in full swing and my Daffodils and Pear tree are blooming nicely!  It's time for me to test out my hand (trigger finger surgery in Jan) with my golf game.  Hoping it is better than last year!😆daffodils.thumb.jpg.6f421249bb9c282eec63c857e83fe18c.jpg

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hoping all went well with your surgery and you have a great golf game.

Edited by ReneeFLL

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes. We had a great cruise. On my birthday they had Key Lime Pie at lunch (I saw it on the Coastal Kitchen menu), but we ate in the WJ. I stopped by to see I they could keep a piece for my birthday for that night. I never ask for stuff like that from the crew, but it was KLP and my birthday that night! I was happy they kept a piece for me. I didn't know Mike had ordered a cake when we first boarded. He has never done this before on a ship since I/we don't need a whole cake and I'd also prefer to drink my desserts. 🍸🍹😊

Wow, what an amazing birthday! Fancy drinks, all your favorite desserts - and you were on a cruise! I hope to experience a cruise birthday someday. 😂 So happy for you!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

When you move you should completely ignore him for any more requests like paying and doing for stuff for them. They sound spoiled and will keep expecting it if you don't cut them off. You have given them so much when you didn't have to and they treated you badly. You will enjoy you new life taking care of just yourself. You deserve it. Go and be happy.

If only life were that simple. I feel like I've had a rope around my neck all my life. 

But I also cant just turn my sister and her hubby loose either. When you are dealing with a special needs person, you cant. Yesterday for instance she was calling me every 5 minute. Her petit mal was so bad she couldnt talk. A good day she says half a sentence and waits for you to finish it. Believe me when I say it's more complicated when dealing with someone without normal life skills and mental skills. Add in physical problems. 

But she loves loves loves being married and called Mrs. And they both love the house. I want her as happy as possible, I just dont want to be the one coping. I moved back to dallas to take care of them all over 20 years ago so I've forgotten myself how to let go. 

Happy birthday. ... I see I missed your birthday. 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Link has been bookmarked & saved for a rainy day or sleepless night. 

The whole premise of Postmodern Jukebox sound very familiar and now I realize I have seen some of their performances when one of my most favorite American Idols to never win Idol "guest performed (??)" on some of their songs.   It seems they have a rotating cast of lead singers.

Haley Reinhart performing Radio Heads "Creep"

Haley was always one of my faves on Idol.  I remember judges were harsh, especially JLo but she did love Haley's "Benny and the Jets". This video showcases her amazing talent.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This comes with 48 boxes of the chocolates, that's why it's priced like that.

Thanks for the clarification. I think the description is flawed unless it's my lack of understanding. 😏

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wow, what an amazing birthday! Fancy drinks, all your favorite desserts - and you were on a cruise! I hope to experience a cruise birthday someday. 😂 So happy for you!

Thanks, it was an amazing cruise and birthday. Hopefully you'll be able to cruise over your birthday soon.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If only life were that simple. I feel like I've had a rope around my neck all my life. 

But I also cant just turn my sister and her hubby loose either. When you are dealing with a special needs person, you cant. Yesterday for instance she was calling me every 5 minute. Her petit mal was so bad she couldnt talk. A good day she says half a sentence and waits for you to finish it. Believe me when I say it's more complicated when dealing with someone without normal life skills and mental skills. Add in physical problems. 

But she loves loves loves being married and called Mrs. And they both love the house. I want her as happy as possible, I just dont want to be the one coping. I moved back to dallas to take care of them all over 20 years ago so I've forgotten myself how to let go. 

Happy birthday. ... I see I missed your birthday. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Why is she constantly calling you? Is it that important or can she just email you? All those calls sound annoying and stressful.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Good evening.

It is Pauline's late mam's 102nd birthday today so Pauline and I went out for lunch.

Sarah was poorly and couldn't come unfortunately.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

IMG_20240417_132807.jpg

IMG_20240417_132822.jpg

• Like 14

Nothing like hibachi for lunch

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.aae29f145217c69d3e07f4910d833515.jpeg

Today is my granddaughter’s 9th birthday, but the party to celebrate will not be until Saturday.  She is having a Harry Potter theme, so we still have several items we used for my CA grandson’s birthday last fall. They plan to have a magician to entertain.   Susan and I will put together a large fruit tray, and we are making chocolate wands. 

My prototype sign for mason jars that will hold the wands.  

IMG_0963.thumb.jpeg.64fba00dd4dab631d710b0827c93a284.jpeg

Maybe some pictures on Saturday.  More than 50 will be at the party at her house. 

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my granddaughter’s 9th birthday, but the party to celebrate will not be until Saturday.  She is having a Harry Potter theme, so we still have several items we used for my CA grandson’s birthday last fall. They plan to have a magician to entertain.   Susan and I will put together a large fruit tray, and we are making chocolate wands. 

Maybe some pictures on Saturday.  More than 50 will be at the party at her house. 

Nothing like a side of Yum Yum Sauce 🙂

G Hughes Sugar Free Yum Yum Dipping Sauce, 16 oz Bottle

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Per the article, 17 lifeboats at 450 people per boat equals 7650 person lifeboat capacity.  Also per the article, double occupancy is 5610 guests.  The ship will often be more than double occupancy but still plenty of lifeboat capacity for guests.  I agree that they'd probably use the MES system just for crew, especially if there's some training needed.

Our last Genie, who is in charge of a fire crew on the ship, told us that every guest on Oasis has a spot on life rafts. The crew go into the MES system. Seems like the pattern RC has established for the ships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Nothing like a side of Yum Yum Sauce 🙂

G Hughes Sugar Free Yum Yum Dipping Sauce, 16 oz Bottle

And I was thinking the yum-yum sauce was in the tall glass in the background. 

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

IMG_0963.thumb.jpeg.64fba00dd4dab631d710b0827c93a284.jpeg

Happy 9th birthday to your granddaughter.

9th-birthday-27.gif

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our last Genie, who is in charge of a fire crew on the ship, told us that every guest on Oasis has a spot on life rafts. The crew go into the MES system. Seems like the pattern RC has established for the ships. 

I am thinking you meant to say life boats. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1