Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/13/2024 at 5:32 PM, dani negreanu said:

Thank you

@Sunshine3601, @barbeyg, @grapau27 , @Ocean Boy, @h20skibum, @DaniDanielle and

@Ourusualbeach   Ken, should "something" happens to us, pls. cancel our cruises and my reservation at HI Express Cape Canaveral

I big thank you to Mr. President Biden for standing by us. He's a real "mensch".

It's after midnight and all around us people are awake. We're glued to the TV, if the air raid is sound, we're 2 seconds from our in house shelter. Hope it'll help....

Dani, I'm so sorry you, your family and friends, Jack's family and all the people of Israel are going thru this. Hoping it all ends soon.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/13/2024 at 6:38 PM, firefly333 said:

Hahaha. Did I mention him bragging about punching out his hc grandson. They hadnt moved in a month and 6 or so police cars were there neighbors told me. Yes the kid has a mouth. He has flippers for hands and had a leg amputated. Son of my bil favorite who is the one I mentioned taking my stuff to sell in her store. Yes I'm sure the kid has issues, but so does my sister. He called his mom the B word and others, so big shot bil punched him, 3 times. Kid called 911 and police came. Bil had to go to court and pay a fine and was on probation 6 months last year. So brave punching a kid with amputated leg and no hands. I think there but for Karen's money goes my sister. She can be mouthy too. 

I told him to stop. He said if the kids mom his daughter just would punch him out that would solve the respect problem. He doesnt listen to me. 

He wanted to fly to maine and I said I can book it. Oh we want to fly in and just drive around. He wouldnt hear of booking hotels ahead. He wants to drive around looking for a vacancy sign. Finally they gave up. Now they want to plan a trip to ireland and just go. He keeps saying stop in a pub like tv movies and share a pint. None of them drink. No planned hotels, just go and play it by ear. I'm refusing to rise to the bait. Let them do what they will.

To homestead the house karen my sister needs a ID with the address on it. Last year he said he did it. Not done. House isnt home steaded. He promised to do it yesterday. I'm paying the property taxes, they dont care. He makes promises he doesnt keep. Homesteading the house is the last thing before I move. She doesnt drive so no drivers license, but texas issues a texas ID and address has to match. 3 days ago I got the rejection letter from dallas property appraisal district. He told me last year he did update her ID but didnt. His bad memory always used as a excuse. One more thing then I'm free of here.

When you move you should completely ignore him for any more requests like paying and doing for stuff for them. They sound spoiled and will keep expecting it if you don't cut them off. You have given them so much when you didn't have to and they treated you badly. You will enjoy you new life taking care of just yourself. You deserve it. Go and be happy.

• Like 10

Heard from my old Emirates colleagues about terrible flooding in Dubai causing havoc at the airports and the city.  Feel for my friends dealing with massive disruptions.  Been there too many times ......

Talking about weather in the UK we had all four seasons yesterday with rain and winds, sunshine and a hailstorm with big chips of ice.  

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Heard from my old Emirates colleagues about terrible flooding in Dubai causing havoc at the airports and the city.  Feel for my friends dealing with massive disruptions.  Been there too many times ......

Talking about weather in the UK we had all four seasons yesterday with rain and winds, sunshine and a hailstorm with big chips of ice.  

Wow Sue.

I saw it yesterday on UK news.

It is not somewhere that you would normally see flooding.

39°F and partly sunny here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes. We had a great cruise. On my birthday they had Key Lime Pie at lunch (I saw it on the Coastal Kitchen menu), but we ate in the WJ. I stopped by to see I they could keep a piece for my birthday for that night. I never ask for stuff like that from the crew, but it was KLP and my birthday that night! I was happy they kept a piece for me. I didn't know Mike had ordered a cake when we first boarded. He has never done this before on a ship since I/we don't need a whole cake and I'd also prefer to drink my desserts. 🍸🍹😊

Happy belated birthday to you.  Drinking deserts sounds good to me. 😁

• Like 4

Yesterday, I had the unenviable job of taking Ricky to the vet. Time for another blood test to see how he is progressing.  He is still on steroids and antibiotics. 

IMG_0960.thumb.jpeg.016bed9f6e73e18ef8e20d01fa9cf685.jpeg

Yeah, he doesn’t want to leave the carrier at the vet’s office.  

Time to rest after getting home from the ordeal. 

IMG_0957.thumb.jpeg.8cd4a2b3b2c0e3f1a0b2a86e27d0ca42.jpeg

He does still seem to be improving. 

• Like 29

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks everyone for the BD wishes. We had a great cruise. On my birthday they had Key Lime Pie at lunch (I saw it on the Coastal Kitchen menu), but we ate in the WJ. I stopped by to see I they could keep a piece for my birthday for that night. I never ask for stuff like that from the crew, but it was KLP and my birthday that night! I was happy they kept a piece for me. I didn't know Mike had ordered a cake when we first boarded. He has never done this before on a ship since I/we don't need a whole cake and I'd also prefer to drink my desserts. 🍸🍹😊

I had my KLP and we took the cake back to the room with a couple of small plates from the WJ. Since we hadn't touched it, we asked the cabin attendant and his wife to cut 2 small pieces off for us and the rest was for them. They seemed happy, but they would never look unhappy so who knows. Hopefully they enjoyed it or shared it with others. It was rich, chocolaty and really good.

Before dinner in the lounge I ordered a Chocolate Martini, but immediately changed my mind to a Salted Caramel Martini. Christopher couldn't remember which one I ordered last so he made both. He put both our names in the chocolate one. Silly waiter, did he really think I was going to share it with Mike? He definitely does not know me! 😂

20240410_204918.thumb.jpg.f13b9d68ebd701e72443b3edba46a009.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I took a bite.

20240410_205034.thumb.jpg.48a1be1dbb5962e70a881bf9c2f4d6dc.jpg

20240410_183252.thumb.jpg.4e8c1faf81e387e35a4e0a153d072fcf.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday!  That chocolate cake is beautiful, but Key Lime Pie is my favorite dessert. Double desserts and double drinks; why not have it all on your special day?!

• Like 9

Some here may enjoy this video about the state of the cruising industry.  I found this YouTube channel after the bridge collapse here in Maryland.  The fellow is a long time merchant mariner who now teaches in North Carolina.  His videos on the bridge collapse are good.

This video summarizes the recent CLIA (Cruise Line Int'l Association) meeting.  Fun facts: cruising is significantly down in Asia and the RCL Icon of the Seas doesn't have enough lifeboats for all the passengers -- you may end up in a life raft.  Video is about 20 minutes.

https://youtu.be/zE5XbaBz70o?si=8w6DSL3oIO_Q2_-u

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Packing has begun.  We head home this coming Saturday.  We are both more than ready, although we will miss this beautiful and Hot weather.  It will be in the 90's this week.

However, it turns out that we will be home in time for our Grandson Jack's Junior Prom!!  😊

Safe travels home Maryann & Jim!  How fun to see the kids all dressed up for prom. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2024 at 8:06 PM, firefly333 said:

Yes 4 posters in this thread have that color with some really beautiful furniture. Turned out my painter just painted the walls that color, ceiling white. For such a big price I assumed he was painting everything, but I'm not so sure what it needed, havent been there yet. Brownish grey, it goes with everything. Lol it's very agreeable. 

20240414_190456728.jpeg

Jane, you didn't get a quote of what all was to be painted and done by him?

34 minutes ago, DeltaOne said:

Some here may enjoy this video about the state of the cruising industry.  I found this YouTube channel after the bridge collapse here in Maryland.  The fellow is a long time merchant mariner who now teaches in North Carolina.  His videos on the bridge collapse are good.

This video summarizes the recent CLIA (Cruise Line Int'l Association) meeting.  Fun facts: cruising is significantly down in Asia and the RCL Icon of the Seas doesn't have enough lifeboats for all the passengers -- you may end up in a life raft.  Video is about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the link. The video started a little slow but turned out to be an interesting watch.

I wonder if the drop off in the Asian market with end up increasing capacity in the Caribbean market and lower pricing? It is also interesting that North America is clearly fueling the cruise industry.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DeltaOne said:

Don't think that is correct, the way I heard it, they have enough lifeboats for the passengers, but the crew would be assigned to the life rafts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Belated Birthday!  That chocolate cake is beautiful, but Key Lime Pie is my favorite dessert. Double desserts and double drinks; why not have it all on your special day?!

Double dessert is fine on a special day. On a regular day I know which my pick would be.... and I'm pretty sure of @ReneeFLL pick, too.🙂🙂

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 5:58 PM, MJSailors said:

@derorim I have a cactus that was grown from a slip of one that my Grandmother had in her house over 60 years ago.

It is on an opposite schedule than your plant.

Just one or two blooms at Christmas, but more blooms in April.Could be an Easter Cactus!

Do you feed your cactus anything?

I have given my plant the Miracle Grow fertilizer sticks-when I remember to do so.

I think it has survived through my benign neglect.

There are buds on the plant now. Hoping for some flowers soon!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I just googled Easter cactus since I'd like one that blooms later than my Christmas cactus. All 3 have different leaves when it comes to the Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Easter cactus. Looks like I'll be looking for one. Hopefully Home Depot still has some.

https://planetdesert.com/blogs/news/holiday-cactus-christmas-cactus-thanksgiving-cactus-easter-cactus-differences

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Don't think that is correct, the way I heard it, they have enough lifeboats for the passengers, but the crew would be assigned to the life rafts.

The bottom line is they have the means to accommodate all the souls on board. I'd have no problem with a raft. I would probably feel less claustrophobic. They should stop trying to scare people by implying that it would be a Titanic type situation.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Link has been bookmarked & saved for a rainy day or sleepless night. 

The whole premise of Postmodern Jukebox sound very familiar and now I realize I have seen some of their performances when one of my most favorite American Idols to never win Idol "guest performed (??)" on some of their songs.   It seems they have a rotating cast of lead singers.

Haley Reinhart performing Radio Heads "Creep"

Haley is definitely my favorite singer in the PMJ videos.  As one commenter put it, "Haley has a way of curling her voice around lyrics like smoke".  Love that gravely tone that she can toss in.  Her version of Seven Nation Army is incredible.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The bottom line is they have the means to accommodate all the souls on board. I'd have no problem with a raft. I would probably feel less claustrophobic. They should stop trying to scare people by implying that it would be a Titanic type situation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I found some info here:

https://www.frommers.com/tips/cruise/icon-of-the-seas-doesnt-have-enough-lifeboatson-purpose

Here's the pertinent part:

Icon of the Seas, like an increasing number of vessels, is also equipped with what the maritime industry terms a Marine Evacuation System (MES). When a signal to abandon ship is issued by the bridge, MES systems deploy escape tubes over a ship's sides. Escaping passengers make their way down the tubes using an internal ladder system and descend into rafts that are capable of fully inflating within 90 seconds.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Packing has begun.  We head home this coming Saturday.  We are both more than ready, although we will miss this beautiful and Hot weather.  It will be in the 90's this week.

However, it turns out that we will be home in time for our Grandson Jack's Junior Prom!!  😊

Safe travels, wow that went fast but I am sure you are ready to get back to your family.

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had my KLP and we took the cake back to the room with a couple of small plates from the WJ. Since we hadn't touched it, we asked the cabin attendant and his wife to cut 2 small pieces off for us and the rest was for them. They seemed happy, but they would never look unhappy so who knows. Hopefully they enjoyed it or shared it with others. It was rich, chocolaty and really good.

Before dinner in the lounge I ordered a Chocolate Martini, but immediately changed my mind to a Salted Caramel Martini. Christopher couldn't remember which one I ordered last so he made both. He put both our names in the chocolate one. Silly waiter, did he really think I was going to share it with Mike? He definitely does not know me! 😂

20240410_204918.thumb.jpg.f13b9d68ebd701e72443b3edba46a009.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I took a bite.

20240410_205034.thumb.jpg.48a1be1dbb5962e70a881bf9c2f4d6dc.jpg

20240410_183252.thumb.jpg.4e8c1faf81e387e35a4e0a153d072fcf.jpg

Belated Happy Birthday, great way to celebrate, two of each sounds great but definitely agree save my calories for the drinks, hiccup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, I had the unenviable job of taking Ricky to the vet. Time for another blood test to see how he is progressing.  He is still on steroids and antibiotics. 

IMG_0960.thumb.jpeg.016bed9f6e73e18ef8e20d01fa9cf685.jpeg

Yeah, he doesn’t want to leave the carrier at the vet’s office.  

Time to rest after getting home from the ordeal. 

IMG_0957.thumb.jpeg.8cd4a2b3b2c0e3f1a0b2a86e27d0ca42.jpeg

He does still seem to be improving. 

Great news!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:33 PM, BonTexasNY said:

@reneee Renee, wishing you a marvelous, belated Happy Birthday!

On 4/13/2024 at 9:10 PM, A&L_Ont said:

From our home as well. 

On 4/14/2024 at 3:35 AM, sgmn said:

Very Happy belated birthday wishes from me too  😊 @ReneeFLL

On 4/14/2024 at 9:01 AM, Arzeena said:

From us too.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I visited the garden yesterday.  The plants are looking great!  The tomatoes are already reaching the cattle panels.

20240415_173838.thumb.jpg.2eadbf8d878e9590799e5cfb4e113a87.jpg

I have a few in grow bags. This one is almost 3 foot tall. I will soon need to add a 6 ft pole to support it.

20240415_173937.thumb.jpg.a1a3d3dd222603e08b57817f2dfe8f83.jpg

Rain forecast for later.   Tomorrow 86⁰.  Good start to growing season. 

Those tomatoe plants look great.

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does this seem like an excessive price to anyone?

image.png.14ceb39050a38f770d571e37fa69367c.png

48 Bulk Pecan Turtles In Burgundy And Gold Gift Box 14 Oz. (Bulk)

Bulk These gift box includes 24 mouth-watering Pecan Turtles, seven-eighths pound. Available in elegant burgundy and gold gift box and foil-stamped with your logo on the cover. Get these now have an awesome impact when you use these as your promotional giveaway!

$1,648

This comes with 48 boxes of the chocolates, that's why it's priced like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1