Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is there a song that stands out to you? The only song I've heard on it is "Ioml". I can't get past it as I find it a bit haunting. I've never before heard a song of her's that I've wanted to learn to play and sing.😲

That's a good question. I really like most all of them but if I had to pick a couple it would "Florida" with it's big chorus. Also "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me" is great too. I had not really listened to her before she and KC player Travis Kelce started dating and I was curious about her. My son went to her Eras concert here and said it was incredible. Linda and I watched her Eras Concert movie and I was very impressed. Her songwriting skills are impressive as well as her performance. It helps also as I think she is incredibly beautiful.

• Like 7

Going back to posts about Christmas and Easter cactus.

My cactus has had buds for days and is finally starting to bloom.

I am thinking that it may even be a Mother’s Day cactus as it will soon be May!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

IMG_0858.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's a good question. I really like most all of them but if I had to pick a couple it would "Florida" with it's big chorus. Also "Who's Afraid of Little Old Me" is great too. I had not really listened to her before she and KC player Travis Kelce started dating and I was curious about her. My son went to her Eras concert here and said it was incredible. Linda and I watched her Eras Concert movie and I was very impressed. Her songwriting skills are impressive as well as her performance. It helps also as I think she is incredibly beautiful.

They showed a old video of Kelce from i believe 2016 , he was supposed to choose to kill, marry or kiss - Taylor, Ariana Grande or Katie Perry , he picked Taylor to kiss and Katie to marry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

They showed a old video of Kelce from i believe 2016 , he was supposed to choose to kill, marry or kiss - Taylor, Ariana Grande or Katie Perry , he picked Taylor to kiss and Katie to marry.

I heard that too. I bet he regrets saying that.😉

• Haha 4

Something strange-I went to write a new post and the post about the cactus was still in the reply spot.

I thought once a post appeared on the thread, it was gone from the reply area. 
Not sure about this?

Anyway- @Momof3gurlz

A friend of mine had both hips replaced at the same time. She was early sixties then. She had a great recovery. She will tell anyone that asks the reason for the recovery was that she followed all the Dr’s and PT’s directions thoroughly.

It has been over ten years since the surgery and she is doing great-plays pickleball and golf.

Wishing your DH great success with the surgery and aftercare.

Wishing you good days too as his caregiver- hoping DH follows all your directions too!😉

@Sea Dog

Just remembered about the dosage of Turmeric. Dr recommended 2,000 MGs

I have read that it should not be taken in conjunction with BP medication but 2-3 hours after.

I think someone else answered your question.

My response is a day late and a dollar short, but hope it helps.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Edited by MJSailors
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Do you know the difference between a surgeon and God???

God doesn't think he's a surgeon!   🤣

That reminds me of a similar joke.

There is a long line people at the Pearly Gates waiting to get into Heaven. Rich people, poor people, celebrities, CEO's, factory workers, lawyers, homeless people, politicians, farmers, etc you get the idea.

Some are getting a little impatient at having to wait thinking that their "status" on Earth should grant them express entry into Heaven, so St. Peter has to remind them & says : " No matter your occupation while you were alive, up here, everyone is equal in the eyes of The Lord and you will enter Heaven in the same order that you passed away".

Just then, a man dressed in a long white coat, wearing a stethoscope & carrying a medical chart walks past the long line and thru the Pearly Gates into Heaven. Now people on line are angry that a doctor is getting special treatment & bypass the line when we are all supposed to be equal.

St Peter tells them: "Oh, that was just God. Sometimes he likes to play doctor". 🤣

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is there a song that stands out to you? The only song I've heard on it is "Ioml". I can't get past it as I find it a bit haunting. I've never before heard a song of her's that I've wanted to learn to play and sing.😲

I was surprised to see you can buy the sheet music for that song already.  https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0288217

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's my thinking on cataract surgery. There are constant upgrades to the lens they insert. We did my dads and later the new lens were so much better later on than he got. My surgeon said last 10 to 15 years great advances.

Can they be replaced? Or too risky?

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have a lot more iris at the back of our house in the Memorial Garden with the 2 peach trees we planted when we first moved to Virginia.

Took a picture this morning of the Iris before we left for our 2 week vacation in Southport, NC.

Hopefully I can get our house/cat sitter to take some more pictures in 7 to 10 days from now when all the Iris are in Full bloom.

20240427_081731.jpg

20240427_081801.jpg

20240427_081812.jpg

20240427_081822.jpg

20240427_081833.jpg

Here are some pictures from our dinner tonight at "The Frying Pan" in Southport, NC.

20240427_163655.jpg

20240427_164925.jpg

20240427_164922.jpg

This is a a picture from looking out from the Restaurant.

20240427_163951.jpg

Nice!   Hope you have a great trip with great weather.  Look forward to more photos.   

You're the 4th person I know thats in NC this week for vacation.  Enjoy😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mets07 said:

We went to the New York Islanders playoff game a couple nights ago that they lost.  We enjoyed it despite the loss. Playoff games have such a great atmosphere. My husband grew up on Long Island. I grew up in Queens. We now live in New Jersey.

I am a bit more of a New York Rangers fan because one of our sons went to Boston College as did one of the Rangers' stars.... Chris Kreider.  But I will root for any of the local hockey teams. 

Our seats (purchased on StubHub) were much higher up (ha) than @A&L_Ont's, however they were centrally located and UBS Arena offers great views.

20240425_192533.thumb.jpg.bc823fb1613bcf68be35db09015fa4bf.jpg

I have been to more than 1000 basketball games,about 100 baseball games but never to a hockey game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Really nice afternoon for biking even though it is cloudy. Taking in the sights and listening to some tunes as I go.

20240428_133845.thumb.jpg.6dddb79952cf2d1f97c9e108c54b2678.jpg

Where are those nicely polished pink toes? 😉😁 You need a cruise asap!

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Really nice afternoon for biking even though it is cloudy. Taking in the sights and listening to some tunes as I go.

20240428_133845.thumb.jpg.6dddb79952cf2d1f97c9e108c54b2678.jpg

Would those tunes be by your BFF by any chance?  Getting ready for those neighborhood parties she will throw.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Keksie said:

Would those tunes be by your BFF by any chance?  Getting ready for those neighborhood parties she will throw.  LOL

Actually, yes. I can't get this song out of my head.🫥

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been avidly reading all the comments about knee and hip replacements. Andy’s had problems with his right knee and hip for a few years, to the point that he walks with a noticeable gimp and has great difficulty putting on a sock and tying a shoe on the right foot. His primary told him it’s likely arthritis and referred him to ortho, which of course he’s ignored.  He finally went Thursday (nagging works!) and was told he has severe arthritis in his hip and mild arthritis in the knee. His knee pain is most likely a result of the hip issues. So hip replacement scheduled for Nov 5th. He was given a shot of cortisone with the disclaimer he might only see 10-30% improvement, he says the 10% is about right.  I think he put it off out of fear of the surgery, but so many people have told him hip replacement isn’t bad these days, much easier than the knee. 
Anyone here had this done? 

I have had both of my hips replaced. They do the replacements anterior now. And they are really not that bad. They will have you up and walking a few hours after the surgery. I was fully improved in 4 to 6 weeks. There are exercises involved. 

And for Graham that was worried about blood clots, you are on many blood thinners. For both surgeries, I had to inject blood thinners into my stomach once a day. (very small needle) and take a full size aspirin, for about 2 weeks. Bill thought he would have to stay home with me. But he only had to stay home for a day. I could get around pretty well with my walker and we just put snacks and cereal within easy reach. ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I found bunion surgery worse than the hip.

After finding out more about bunion surgery, I just decided that I will wear wide shoes! ☺️

• Haha 10

My bunion surgery was a failure.  I did everything I was told to do and my foot looked okay for about a year.  Now my toe turns in and over the toe next to it.  Before surgery it went under the toe😳My daughter, however, had a perfect surgery and result but a different doctor which may have helped.  I will never have the surgery again!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Going back to posts about Christmas and Easter cactus.

My cactus has had buds for days and is finally starting to bloom.

I am thinking that it may even be a Mother’s Day cactus as it will soon be May!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

IMG_0858.jpeg

With all of the posts about Christmas Cactus', Easter Cactus', I've been silent about my experience with my Cactus years ago.  It was really weird, but the Cactus I had had never, ever bloomed.  Not one bud.  It lived on my kitchen window sill for a very, very long time.

When my daughters were Freshmen in High School, I found out that I was pregnant.  I was 40 years old, and was taking College courses while working in the school system.  My daughters were elated, while I at first was beside myself.  I couldn't believe this was happening, but I then accepted this and actually began to look forward to it.  When I was 12 weeks pregnant, I unfortunately wound up in the hospital where I miscarried the baby.  It was pretty upsetting, not only for me, but for Jim and the girls, also.  When I got home and walked into the kitchen, my Cactus not only had buds, but it had flowered.  I know God was letting me know that He is here for me.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My bunion surgery was a failure.  I did everything I was told to do and my foot looked okay for about a year.  Now my toe turns in and over the toe next to it.  Before surgery it went under the toe😳My daughter, however, had a perfect surgery and result but a different doctor which may have helped.  I will never have the surgery again!!!

Jim had bunion surgery years ago also that didn't seem to help.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not bunion surgery but I was in an OR and part of the ceiling fell and hit me on the head .Never again will I have surgery in that hospital.

• Like 2