Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/26/2024 at 7:43 AM, dani negreanu said:

I've just finished posting here when the air raid alarm was sound.... again. I couldn't believe my ears and had a hard time convincing DH that it is a "real" one and we should rush to the shelter.

It doesn't end. So many casualties on both sides and, after almost 8 months of war, we're back to square one 😢

Just yesterday I was thinking about you, Mimi, and you had me worried that you didn't post anywhere for more than a month.

So very sorry about your unfortunate fall. Sincerely hope you'll be back real soon to your usual self. Glad you've at least got to enjoy your granddaughter wedding. Heartfelt congratulations and Mazal Tov 💐

Dani, how hard this must be and so disruptive to sleep and life.  We continue to stand with you and pray for a peaceful end and return of hostages. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IMG_5479.thumb.jpeg.3eb8c1c12e3fe1c76eb90f3ebc19f70b.jpegIMG_5526.thumb.jpeg.9b75c94ad4661709c85f5bc50065468d.jpegIMG_5515.thumb.jpeg.a52f190db7fa9f8387939d69e19f5ecb.jpegIMG_5563.thumb.jpeg.16db6b59a3f2344e2e4d23ca44ccb3db.jpegIMG_5468.thumb.jpeg.e7be64943c7057636f4759aa633e4677.jpegIMG_5523.thumb.jpeg.4e24661e6b2ac27e1235bdb2d09da8b8.jpegIMG_5453.thumb.jpeg.57cb875ed435754bfb8de40028614458.jpegHello from somewhere off the Grecian coast!  Yesterday, Monday we were in Santorini and today Athens.  We had wonderful weather both days and saw all the sights!  Her are a couple of pictures!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@George C I know you live just down the road from me... do y'all have power? We do not. The storm last night was the worst I have experienced in years. We have several limbs down in our yard/alley, but miraculously no damage from the hail and 80 mph winds. I got ready for work using the Shark Tank solar-charged lantern that I got Brian for Christmas. Very happy about that purchase!

I'm at the office now, where we do have power, but there's no estimate on the electric provider's website about when the power at home will be restored. Oddly, our neighbors across the street never lost theirs. Maddening.

How about all of the other DFW people? Everybody OK?

Many tree limbs, fences and power lines down in our area but we have power.  We have an electric driveway gate that was damaged -  will need professional repair.  We’re now driving up to our Rogers Arkansas place which was just a couple of miles from that tornado. This spring weather has been crazy. 

• Like 4

Downtown Youngstown Ohio

Around 10 miles from where we live had a building with a natural gas leak and eventually an explosion. 
6 people taken to local Trauma Center. 
One person unaccounted for. 

Downtown closed off. 
Waiting for updates. 

IMG_1045.thumb.jpeg.0b6b4ac48868a2e2a94784bf26b03c7e.jpeg

Unable to post slide show. 
in essence just shows the site from various angles. 

Prayers for those injured and missing man. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Your Tiki patio looks awesome!  

I remember going to Hawaii Kai restaurant in NYC in the 60s-70s.  It had that Tiki vibe.  You would have loved it.

I loved the Hawaii Kai, Bonnie!!  Now, that's a blast from the past!!😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Many tree limbs, fences and power lines down in our area but we have power.  We have an electric driveway gate that was damaged -  will need professional repair.  We’re now driving up to our Rogers Arkansas place which was just a couple of miles from that tornado. This spring weather has been crazy. 

Sorry to hear that you had damage to your gate.  I sure hope there won't be any surprises when you arrive at your Rogers Arkansas place.  Good luck.

@sgmn  Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with us, Sue!  I did not know that there was a John F Kennedy Memorial and an acre of land that is American soil, given by Queen Elizabeth when Kennedy was killed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@sgmn  Thank you for sharing your beautiful day with us, Sue!  I did not know that there was a John F Kennedy Memorial and an acre of land that is American soil, given by Queen Elizabeth when Kennedy was killed.

That is nice and very interesting. But I was trying to figure out what it means exactly? Do you have to show ID to visit? Is the US required to maintain it? Are there flags? Could you run there after committing a crime? Interesting concept. 

I'm not being serious; I just think that is such an interesting and gracious thing for the Queen to do. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Wife texted our neighbor who watches our house when we are gone and told us our house is fine , a neighbor two houses away had his backyard fence torn down , our. 8 ft fence is really solid . 
    Had a fantastic lunch at bar- bills a famous local bar with absolutely the best Buffalo Wings and beef on wick . Earlier my wife was out with her best friend and I was drinking with her husband, now we just came from New York City where average drink was $20, between the two of us we had 3 beers one vodka and two scotches and entire bill was $32 😁😁, will add a couple pictures of bar bills later. 

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is nice and very interesting. But I was trying to figure out what it means exactly? Do you have to show ID to visit? Is the US required to maintain it? Are there flags? Could you run there after committing a crime? Interesting concept. 

I'm not being serious; I just think that is such an interesting and gracious thing for the Queen to do. ☺️

Ha ha, no passports required. The board on the site says its maintained by a trust. 

The main point of Runnymede is because of the Magna Carta,  written in 1215 which was the first step in limiting the powers of the monarch and giving power to the people.

An interesting place to visit if you're over here and close to Windsor and London 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@h20skibum Mark, Happy 40th Birthday to your daughter.  Wishing you many, many more birthday celebrations with her.  

@TravelGirlinDallas Happy Belated Birthday!  

@BonTexasNY Bonnie your impromptu get together sounds like it was so much fun. Sometimes unplanned is the best way. 

@George C  George I’m so sorry about Shelagh’s hand injury.  Hope she’s not in much pain. 

Still waiting……👶

What’s up with these duplicate pages CC?  I have enough trouble keeping up without all the extras lol. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum Mark, Happy 40th Birthday to your daughter.  Wishing you many, many more birthday celebrations with her.  

@TravelGirlinDallas Happy Belated Birthday!  

@BonTexasNY Bonnie your impromptu get together sounds like it was so much fun. Sometimes unplanned is the best way. 

@George C  George I’m so sorry about Shelagh’s hand injury.  Hope she’s not in much pain. 

Still waiting……👶

What’s up with these duplicate pages CC?  I have enough trouble keeping up without all the extras lol. 

Me too Deb!  And I don’t think all of my pictures are loading 🤷‍♀️!

• Like 1

Our oldest grandson is graduating high school on Saturday, cannot believe how the years have flown by.  He is our first grandchild so I call him Number one! The other five get annoyed🤪His sister graduates grammar school at the end of June and my daughter’s son graduates next Friday.  They could have spaced these kids out better!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Just a lazy sea day today.  I have been getting my Vitamin D dose!image.thumb.jpg.a130871d0503c66b8b4ddb62aa50654f.jpg

My kind of day. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our oldest grandson is graduating high school on Saturday, cannot believe how the years have flown by.  He is our first grandchild so I call him Number one! The other five get annoyed🤪His sister graduates grammar school at the end of June and my daughter’s son graduates next Friday.  They could have spaced these kids out better!!!!

Congratulations to your grandson. Boy does time fly by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations, Marietta! 

How is Charlie doing?  Is he going to be able to make it to all of the graduations?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1