Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My childhood in Romania included them filled with mashed potatoes, served with a copious side of fried onions….

Oh, so much yum in this statement!!!!  Love this!!!😃

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Power washed the back patio and driveway and I am exhausted. That was a workout.

We had the entire house, garage, and apartment power washed yesterday for the first time!  I usually use "Wet and Forget" but could never reach the second floor and attic.  I was planning on buying goggles (no more outside jobs without eye covering...week four still without eye makeup) and was planning on standing on a ladder to reach.  As I went for my morning walk last week, I saw that my neighbor was having his house power washed.  I went and talked to the young man and his assistant and asked for an estimate on my house.  Four of them showed up with two trucks, and they had the entire job done in one hour.  It looks great!!  I'm so glad I went for my walk that day!!😉

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had the entire house, garage, and apartment power washed yesterday for the first time!  I usually use "Wet and Forget" but could never reach the second floor and attic.  I was planning on buying goggles (no more outside jobs without eye covering...week four still without eye makeup) and was planning on standing on a ladder to reach.  As I went for my morning walk last week, I saw that my neighbor was having his house power washed.  I went and talked to the young man and his assistant and asked for an estimate on my house.  Four of them showed up with two trucks, and they had the entire job done in one hour.  It looks great!!  I'm so glad I went for my walk that day!!😉

I usually power wash the house myself but can't get to the peak.  I had looked at Wet and Forget but didn't like that it said it can take weeks to do anything.  Did you find it worked faster than that or did it take a long time?  I am also concerned about the smell and their warning for those with respiratory issues.  We got a quote last year for power washing the house and deck since we were going to restain the deck, but ended up doing it ourselves because I cheaped out!  I might call a couple of different companies this year and see what they charge because almost $1k seemed like a lot!  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How do you like "Wet and Forget?" We got some but I was nervous about using it on the patio because it has bleach and I concerned it might discolor our artificial pet grass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Power washed the back patio and driveway and I am exhausted. That was a workout.

Power washing can be a dirty, tedious job.  I did a lot of mine here, before we left.  Then I ended up power washing at my son’s house when we were in CA.  He has a deck, which was power washed and stained.  To one side is a brick paver patio, and on the opposite side are stone pavers and his postage stamp size lawn.  This photo shows part of the deck and brick patio we worked on.   We had cleaned blinds, and I had one hanging to dry.  

IMG_1326.thumb.jpeg.ce8766bba9720b89302d6482c58e8f2e.jpeg

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@cruiselvr04Happy 45th Anniversary to you both!!!🌹

+1

Adding my wishes for a happy 45th anniversary. 

• Like 8

Today was catch up, with work around the house day, since we are finally home.  

Drained, cleaned and refilled our hot tub today.   Also spent time cleaning up the yard.  Lots of branches and leaves down from the storms while we were gone.  

We did manage to squeeze in a little fun time.  We got our grandson a membership at our health club, and we all went for a swim at the pool today.  

Tonight, game time and a movie.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I usually power wash the house myself but can't get to the peak.  I had looked at Wet and Forget but didn't like that it said it can take weeks to do anything.  Did you find it worked faster than that or did it take a long time?  I am also concerned about the smell and their warning for those with respiratory issues.  We got a quote last year for power washing the house and deck since we were going to restain the deck, but ended up doing it ourselves because I cheaped out!  I might call a couple of different companies this year and see what they charge because almost $1k seemed like a lot!  

Jim said Wet and Forget is fine if you don't mind waiting a while.  I always sprayed it, and then would go back and rinse it.  $1k sure is a lot!!!  My friend up the street told me she pays $500 for her house and pool shed, so I was prepared with a price in mind.  I had the young man come over after he'd finished across the street to give me a price.  I first asked what he would charge just to do the front and sides of the house, since the attached apartment is only one story., and the back of the house I could stand on a ladder and do that.  He walked completely around the house and apartment and only charged $400 to do everything!   They did a great job.  Now I only have to power wash the gate and fence, as well as the patio pavers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's Graduation time in our town!  Last night was the 8th Grade Graduation from the town's Intermediate School, and this evening it is the High School Graduation.  I love that we can hear the Pomp and Circumstance being played from our backyard.  Last night I walked over to watch the Graduates, but also to hear the school band, since our youngest grandson William was playing for his school.

Tonight, I just stayed in the yard and listened.  Our grandson  Jack is involved with directing the cameras for the Graduation, and Ryan is playing in the high school band.

Next year, we'll be in the stands for both Graduations, since Jack will be graduating as a Senior, and William will be graduating as an 8th grader.  Our oldest grandchild Chris will be graduating from Villanova.  

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This is the roller coaster I grew up on.  It seemed a rickety old thing that was sure to collapse at any moment.  I'm sure it was safe but you always felt like you were going to flying out with just that one single bar clamped down across your lap.  I don't know how old that one in Quebec is but this one was built in 1958

https://www.pne.ca/rides/wooden-roller-coaster/

That reminds me of the Dragon Coaster at Rye's Playland Park, just north of NYC.  That single "safety" (haha) bar was so loose, I also thought I'd be flung out to my death into the Long Island Sound. Thankfully my beer belly kept me wedged in. 

The scariest part for me wasn't the speed or steep drops (tame by today's standard) but the fact that at 6'2'', it seemed like I would hit my head when entering the dragons mouth tunnel or crossing under the trestle.  There is a short video at the bottom of this link.

https://www.aceonline.org/page/Dragon

• Like 5

10 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I don’t like roller coasters anymore but DH will still do them.  Our 45th is Sunday and we’re going back to Branson to celebrate.  It has completely changed since our honeymoon there.  We usually take some grands with us but this time we’ll be on our own.  It’s supposed to be in the high 90’s so I’m pretty sure we’ll find a wet ride to cool down on. There’s also a cave that might sound good for an afternoon. 

Happy 45th Anniversary.    I hope you have lots of fun and weather cooperates for your trip.

Cheers🥂

• Like 1

Played bridge and opened and put away a wardrobe box. Easy one to unpack, mostly pillows and blankets like I have no quilts lol. We didnt burn up the bridge tables again today. I bid my suit and she dosnt have them so keeps pushing and pushing. I had 10 high card pts and a 8 card suit, started at 1 2 3 4 before she quit changing suits and let me have the bid. A couple like this where she just is a bit of a bid hog. But shes 95 so whatever. I'm surprised she can still drive herself places and get around at her age and be that sharp. We made plans for next Wednesday and everyone said July 4, sure we still want to play. There is a parade starting from the vets place july 4, and the organizer was afraid parking might be tight. 

I googled aldi and dollar stores today and also went to Ollie's. Aldi was sold out of bleach and Ollie's usually has shopping carts to buy but all sold out. Maybe I could have used some more pledge or wood spray to dust but didnt do much damage today to my wallet for a change. Trying bleach on that ink pen stain on a nice white fluffy towel. My own little shopping cart I can stick in the car would be nice. The elevator is so slow up to floor 8. Also tried that hardware type store I bought a truck like thing for mom but they had nothing but big stuff. So I drove around trying to note where anything interesting was. Stopped to check the price of a pizza place, 22 slices of cheese pizza and a drink lunch special 8.99. I think that's a lot for cheese. Toppings were more and that's just their lunch special price. I want toppings for that price, at least pepperoni. 

Called my bil daughter today to talk about a few things. He bought this ranger pick up when they got their car totalled by a 18 wheeler. I suggested if her pick up ever goes out he gift her the pick up. And buy a car my sister can get in and out of easier. My sister hates it. Her reply was even I said when karen was younger she was spoiled, she needs to be pushed to work on pulling herself up into this cab. I think that's ridiculous. My sister has days she a bowl of jello. Her best days she is on a walker. A pick up that the seat is up so high to get into is a stupid choice. I'm offering to pay for a new car and take my sister into consideration, not just live off her money. 

Same problem we had when mom died he went into the safe and cleaned out the house after I told him to stop and he was a thief. The house was in my name only and I'm trustee. I dont get that he thinks decisions are his to make. Buying a vehicle your hc wife hates to me is selfish. Well I said ok, it's not my decision to make,, just put it in the back of your mind i think a car with lower seats karen can get into ..see if there is some vehicle out there karen can get in he would enjoy. Shes 71, with epilepsy almost all the time. And he takes a blind lady to church on sundays with a large seeing eye dog. He turns 86 this year. So bought himself something brand new from the showroom dealer. I'm glad to be moved away. My sister has had balance issues since she was born she had to wear a helmet she fell so much. She fell backwards already off his concrete front steps and hit her head and we worried about brain damage. He was like I told her to use a walker not a cane, not his fault. And she wants to be married,  imo she would have married anyone. He could have been a lot worse. I asked, that's all I can do. Offered to pay for another new car. 

So I toured the area today after bridge looking for a couple of things. Out and about seeing new sights. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I know how that feels.   A couple weeks ago I pressure washed our patio pavers, gutters, soffits, one side of the house that gets mildew on scallop siding at the top, the driveway and front walk.   I was exhausted and my arms were sore the next day but I love bringing out the pressure washer every Spring.   Everything looks so clean and fresh when done.   I wish I could bring it inside and door my floors with it🤣  I hate moping even though I have a steam mop.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know how that feels.   A couple weeks ago I pressure washed our patio pavers, gutters, soffits, one side of the house that gets mildew on scallop siding at the top, the driveway and front walk.   I was exhausted and my arms were sore the next day but I love bringing out the pressure washer every Spring.   Everything looks so clean and fresh when done.   I wish I could bring it inside and door my floors with it🤣  I hate moping even though I have a steam mop.

It’s amazing just how much dirt, film, algae etc gets on patios and driveways. Looks almost brand new now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

One year while I was busy with my ailing parents I paid someone around $800 to do our patio, side of house and front walkway since then I have been cheap and do myself.   I have fun doing it and seeing the results.     Eric knows to stay out my way when he sees me bring the pressure washer from the shed.   Otherwise he would have a deep wash that he wouldn't want😂

When we get home from the shore I need to re-apply polymeric sand to that patio pavers.    

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Played bridge and opened and put away a wardrobe box. Easy one to unpack, mostly pillows and blankets like I have no quilts lol. We didnt burn up the bridge tables again today. I bid my suit and she dosnt have them so keeps pushing and pushing. I had 10 high card pts and a 8 card suit, started at 1 2 3 4 before she quit changing suits and let me have the bid. A couple like this where she just is a bit of a bid hog. But shes 95 so whatever. I'm surprised she can still drive herself places and get around at her age and be that sharp. We made plans for next Wednesday and everyone said July 4, sure we still want to play. There is a parade starting from the vets place july 4, and the organizer was afraid parking might be tight. 

I googled aldi and dollar stores today and also went to Ollie's. Aldi was sold out of bleach and Ollie's usually has shopping carts to buy but all sold out. Maybe I could have used some more pledge or wood spray to dust but didnt do much damage today to my wallet for a change. Trying bleach on that ink pen stain on a nice white fluffy towel. My own little shopping cart I can stick in the car would be nice. The elevator is so slow up to floor 8. Also tried that hardware type store I bought a truck like thing for mom but they had nothing but big stuff. So I drove around trying to note where anything interesting was. Stopped to check the price of a pizza place, 22 slices of cheese pizza and a drink lunch special 8.99. I think that's a lot for cheese. Toppings were more and that's just their lunch special price. I want toppings for that price, at least pepperoni. 

Called my bil daughter today to talk about a few things. He bought this ranger pick up when they got their car totalled by a 18 wheeler. I suggested if her pick up ever goes out he gift her the pick up. And buy a car my sister can get in and out of easier. My sister hates it. Her reply was even I said when karen was younger she was spoiled, she needs to be pushed to work on pulling herself up into this cab. I think that's ridiculous. My sister has days she a bowl of jello. Her best days she is on a walker. A pick up that the seat is up so high to get into is a stupid choice. I'm offering to pay for a new car and take my sister into consideration, not just live off her money. 

Same problem we had when mom died he went into the safe and cleaned out the house after I told him to stop and he was a thief. The house was in my name only and I'm trustee. I dont get that he thinks decisions are his to make. Buying a vehicle your hc wife hates to me is selfish. Well I said ok, it's not my decision to make,, just put it in the back of your mind i think a car with lower seats karen can get into ..see if there is some vehicle out there karen can get in he would enjoy. Shes 71, with epilepsy almost all the time. And he takes a blind lady to church on sundays with a large seeing eye dog. He turns 86 this year. So bought himself something brand new from the showroom dealer. I'm glad to be moved away. My sister has had balance issues since she was born she had to wear a helmet she fell so much. She fell backwards already off his concrete front steps and hit her head and we worried about brain damage. He was like I told her to use a walker not a cane, not his fault. And she wants to be married,  imo she would have married anyone. He could have been a lot worse. I asked, that's all I can do. Offered to pay for another new car. 

So I toured the area today after bridge looking for a couple of things. Out and about seeing new sights. 

The vehicle he purchased does sound ridiculous and hopefully he comes to his senses and gets something more sensible.    For now you planted the idea into his head, IMO I would leave it be and let him think it was his idea when the time comes.    

Glad you are having fun with your new Bridge group and exploring the area.   More R & R is on it's way for you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That reminds me of the Dragon Coaster at Rye's Playland Park, just north of NYC.  That single "safety" (haha) bar was so loose, I also thought I'd be flung out to my death into the Long Island Sound. Thankfully my beer belly kept me wedged in. 

The scariest part for me wasn't the speed or steep drops (tame by today's standard) but the fact that at 6'2'', it seemed like I would hit my head when entering the dragons mouth tunnel or crossing under the trestle.  There is a short video at the bottom of this link.

https://www.aceonline.org/page/Dragon

I remember as a kid going to catholic elementary school we had a trip to Rye play land by boat I believe, totally loved it , but that was late 50’s . I didn’t have to worry about my height then , now at 6’ 4” with bad knees there are a lot of broadway theaters that I need to avoid . 

• Like 5

That's interesting. Hardly anyone in our neighborhood pressure washes. We have one, but it is for doing the deck. We never used it on the house. The exterior painter did the house with his high pressure one before he painted and then let Bill borrow it for the week, so Bill did the driveway and porch. I think that is the first time they have ever been done. It does make a remarkable difference. 😊

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's interesting. Hardly anyone in our neighborhood pressure washes. We have one, but it is for doing the deck. We never used it on the house. The exterior painter did the house with his high pressure one before he painted and then let Bill borrow it for the week, so Bill did the driveway and porch. I think that is the first time they have ever been done. It does make a remarkable difference. 😊

I've never pressure washed anything.  I'll hose down the driveway whenever I wash the car & occasionally will hose down the back deck with the same garden hose.  The nozzle does have a "turbo jet" setting that increases the pressure which seems to be enough. 

The house is a medium dark-ish blue so it hides the dirt very well. It'll probably look a little better if I pressure wash it but it certainly does not look dingy.

• Like 4

It appears that ordering 16 Disney Gift Cards, in different denominations, from different retailers, is enough to trigger a fraud alert from our credit card company.

The good news is we got them all, and used them to pay off our Disney trip.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1