Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Overnighted in NYC.  We were blessed with beautiful weather.  Photo from the Staten Island ferry last night:

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.88d11b85497c850cf464d83d7fe2c020.jpeg

Stunning photo. 

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Picked my wife’s new car today 😀

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.801f815350ef82e055d7b838ab33d074.jpeg

love the red. 

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

then took it down to Seal Beach.

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.e12cb8c7d2acf0f8ab651ce1f2bc8804.jpeg

That seagulls like, Dave, do you got any fries for me. Fries. Fries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Overnighted in NYC.  We were blessed with beautiful weather.  Photo from the Staten Island ferry last night:

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.88d11b85497c850cf464d83d7fe2c020.jpeg

My first ever job was for US Lines located at 1 broadway in 1967 , the computer room where I worked had a huge window with a perfect view of the Statue of Liberty. Also used to attempt to stay up all night on last night of my New York City cruises so I could see the statue , great picture.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My 2nd b2b leg is less than 2 months away and I'm still unable to book entertainment.  I was able to book entertainment for the 1st leg approx. 1 month ago so not sure what the issue is.  We don't need to see Grease twice but we would like to see the Ice and Aqua shows again.  Maybe late night comedy as well.

@Tree_skier Love your wife's new red car.

@taznremmy Not sure I commented previously but your gorgeous photo of the Statue of Liberty is the most amazing one I've seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My 2nd b2b leg is less than 2 months away and I'm still unable to book entertainment.  I was able to book entertainment for the 1st leg approx. 1 month ago so not sure what the issue is.  We don't need to see Grease twice but we would like to see the Ice and Aqua shows again.  Maybe late night comedy as well.

@Tree_skier Love your wife's new red car.

@taznremmy Not sure I commented previously but your gorgeous photo of the Statue of Liberty is the most amazing one I've seen.

Last night was sign in for oct 20 and online took me 25 minutes to sign in, got in after after 10 minutes then another 15 minutes of error check back later though some got in sooner on the app. Not that my time to board mattered, just wanted to go back to bed. Dont forget to sign in next Wednesday at midnight. Even if you have to wait, unless boarding time doesnt matter to you. Royals IT dept, sure often it's a few minutes but last night worse. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Stunning photo. 

love the red. 

That seagulls like, Dave, do you got any fries for me. Fries. Fries.

I’m sure he has been fed thousands of time.  I was amazed how close i was able to get to him without spooking him.  I didn’t use any zoom when I took that picture.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I win for seeing the most pier runners of the day. Ok, they aren't actually running. All aboard was 10 minutes ago. Not sure what happened. It must have been a tour with at least 4 bus loads of people.

20240904_183402.thumb.jpg.060f429b605f38dafae219e100b5d0cf.jpg

Well that was Dave and I and about the same amount of people on our Celebrity cruise coming back from Panama Canal excursion.  The busses literally dropped us off right at the gangplank!🤣

• Like 3

@George C Good news! My doctor approved of the meds you take for cankles so I am going to see if this helps on my next cruise. He thinks it will be ok to take them for 7 days or so and then go back to my regular meds. Question though, Did you take these meds starting on your cruise or start a few days before your cruise?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Picked my wife’s new car today 😀

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.801f815350ef82e055d7b838ab33d074.jpeg

then took it down to Seal Beach.

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.e12cb8c7d2acf0f8ab651ce1f2bc8804.jpeg

Congratulations on the new car & hope it brings many years of happy motoring to you and DW,

As others said, I love the color. Too many cars out there are just the same boring shade of black, white or gray.  You'll have no problem finding your car i a crowded parking lot.🙂

Most important question: did the seagull "christen" the car with their special gift that only they can give,from above? 😁

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@George C Good news! My doctor approved of the meds you take for cankles so I am going to see if this helps on my next cruise. He thinks it will be ok to take them for 7 days or so and then go back to my regular meds. Question though, Did you take these meds starting on your cruise or start a few days before your cruise?

i would wait a couple of days . i didn't change other medication . can affect drinking , but i do drink alot. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Congratulations on the new car & hope it brings many years of happy motoring to you and DW,

As others said, I love the color. Too many cars out there are just the same boring shade of black, white or gray.  You'll have no problem finding your car i a crowded parking lot.🙂

Most important question: did the seagull "christen" the car with their special gift that only they can give,from above? 😁

Nah, I was parked about a block from the beach just to be safe. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I took the Staten Island Ferry to and from Manhattan every day when I worked Downtown.

I took the ferry every day from Manhattan to the Henry Kaufman Campgrounds in 1959 where I was working as an Asst.Counsellor.

My pay for the summer was $25.00 plus lunches and beverages .

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, George C said:

i would wait a couple of days . i didn't change other medication . can affect drinking , but i do drink alot. 

So to be clear you did not start taking those meds your first day of the cruise but after a few days?

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

Well that was Dave and I and about the same amount of people on our Celebrity cruise coming back from Panama Canal excursion.  The busses literally dropped us off right at the gangplank!🤣

We had the same issue on our Panama Canal excursion this past April on Radiance. I think there were 3 or 4 buses doing the Expansion of the Panama Canal "The Present & The Future". It went from Colon to Agua Clara locks then through Panama City to the Miraflores locks and visitor center. We were in the last bus, and late leaving since 8-10 people seemed to disappear between the theater and the buses. There were 3 people from shore Excursions and 2 people from the tour company trying to figure out what to do or how long to wait. Eventually we just left without them. Coming back, traffic was brutal through Panama City. I think we were 45 minutes late coming back. Long after "all aboard". Scanning in, my wife & I were 04, & 03. There were 2 people behind us. When the last person was scanned, the security guy called out "00"! and there were muffled cheers. 🙂 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Last night was sign in for oct 20 and online took me 25 minutes to sign in, got in after after 10 minutes then another 15 minutes of error check back later though some got in sooner on the app. Not that my time to board mattered, just wanted to go back to bed. Dont forget to sign in next Wednesday at midnight. Even if you have to wait, unless boarding time doesnt matter to you. Royals IT dept, sure often it's a few minutes but last night worse. 

Thanks for the reminder.  Shame you had sign-in problems. I have to put the date on my fridge calendar where I see it all the time, not just when I'm on my cell. BTW, in past cruises, we were never checked for sign in time when we arrived at the terminal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So to be clear you did not start taking those meds your first day of the cruise but after a few days?

Copied this from Andrew’s review where the subject came up.  Seems different advice from Ocean Boy.

9/2/2024 at 9:39 PM,  Sea Dog said:

I should qualify my statement as I love my family here on CC, FOB and Dani’s thread. This cankle thing has really inhibited me enjoying cruising. Starts out ok but towards the end of the cruise my feet are so sore and tender. I can’t even fit into my shoes very well. I guess if I didn’t like good food and drink I wouldn’t have this problem.

You need to start the diuretic on the first day before you even board the ship. Do we need to be on the same cruise so I can show you how to do this?😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully this is the last hoop to be officially florida. Changed drivers license ok, insurance cheaper her. Got rid of their progresso thing that plugs into your steering wheel, that says I brake too hard. Have to send it back before sept 21. My cruise leaves sept 13, hope I get their little bag to send it back. 

Title for car and license plates got me. I was told by the nice lady who did my license just bring my title and proof of florida insurance. All my papers for my car didnt make it in the move. None. Some things didnt arrive. Have to move on. Sent for a new title and texas sent it back. Instead of original date it has the date as date I requested the duplicate title. Whoa there, we need proof you owned the car more than 6 months. So I went home and pulled up emails from the nissan dealer from the salesman and nissan thank you for purchasing you nissan here. Work orders, and receipts addressed to me by name with the VIN # of my car. Yes of course proof of insurance going back. Oh we need the exact date you purchased the car, and the sales receipt. The dealership changed hands and all older paperwork was erased off their computers and stored at dallas dodge. Dallas dodge phone system says press 0 for operator and then repeats the same in a loop. I've pressed 2 for sales, a few times managed to get transferred to financial and their mailboxes are always full and they dont answer. I've called 30 to 50 times.

The email from the original sale had my salesmans private cell phone number on it. Left him a message he returned. Thank goodness he returned my call and eventually knew someone to call that no one else could do.  Meanwhile I've sent another request to texas same form as before asking if they can send a registration or something with original date, that florida wouldnt take the title they send. But I now have my sales receipt to go back in tomorrow new appointment.

Florida seems like a scam to me. If I had purchased a new car in the last 6 months I have to pay a new sales tax on it??? Even though I paid it to texas? Really? I kept asking if I cant get a copy from 2020 of my sales receipt of buying the car do you really mean the only way to get a new title would be to pay the assessed value of my car sales tax? Yes they kept saying if I couldn't get the sales receipt with the exact date I bought it I had to pay sales tax on my car which only has 24k miles on it. Sales tax I'm assuming would be thousands. It's also $225 extra if you never had a license plate in florida before. This sure seems like a money grab to me. 

I think it's obvious I've had the car, or I wouldn't have nissan receipts for work done addressed to me with my car vin # and proof of insurance all of which they say they cant accept as proof I've owned the car more than 6 months. I call it a scam. Government overreach. So anyone thinking of moving here don't buy a car shortly before you arrive. Florida wants a whole another sales tax paid to them. I would have booked my upcoming cruise b2b but knew I had this to finish. And add in now returning progressives little plug in device has to be mailed back. Let's hope the envelope self mailer comes before sept 13.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Copied this from Andrew’s review where the subject came up.  Seems different advice from Ocean Boy.

9/2/2024 at 9:39 PM,  Sea Dog said:

I should qualify my statement as I love my family here on CC, FOB and Dani’s thread. This cankle thing has really inhibited me enjoying cruising. Starts out ok but towards the end of the cruise my feet are so sore and tender. I can’t even fit into my shoes very well. I guess if I didn’t like good food and drink I wouldn’t have this problem.

You need to start the diuretic on the first day before you even board the ship. Do we need to be on the same cruise so I can show you how to do this?😄

Hey, I'm just some guy on the internet.....

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am going to head your advice. I trust you explicitly.

You should follow your doctor's advice. That is why you have him. I really need to stay out of medically related issues on these boards. Sometimes I just can't stop myself.

• Like 15