Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is not unusual for a nipple to show up as a possible lung lesion. If there is a question they will usually repeat the x-ray with a nipple marker.

I always laugh about those "pasties" they put on them for a Mammogram.  😮😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, we drove into Pittsburgh to do a few things with our grandson

Looks like a great trip and I'm sure your grandson was thrilled. That submarine looks awesome. I been to Pittsburgh many times and never knew about the sub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

After reading that article, definitely good you are only renting.   This wont be good for future sales.

Agreed.  Doesn't sound like a good situation.  I don't like it when someone says "90-95% of the underdrains have been repaired.."  Don't you know exactly what's been repaired?  Why not say 17 of 20 have been repaired, 2 are in the process of being repaired, and one is being planned.  That would give me a lot more confidence that they have the situation under control.  Maybe that's just the detail oriented engineer in me talking.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's a nice thought, and I don't want to, and am not trying to be the wet blanket here...but actually all of us turn the next level during the middle of a cruise.  I can't imagine the hassle that would be for the LA on board to make exceptions for everyone...IMHO.  😮  

I was simply patient and told myself that my next cruise...at the next level...was going to be something to really look forward to!  Made the anticipation that much better!  🙂 

I guess I can try, and if I am unsuccessful, be gracious!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yikes!  Bucky and I both had the Moderna shots with the 2nd one in February. 😮  

Once again so sorry to hear you picked it up, but hopefully won't be too bad since you got the shots.  Hoping for a speedy recovery!  

I believe the Moderna shots will help you get through it if you unfortunately get it.  Trust it. Seems to have made a difference for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Venice!!  Great place for finding ancient shark's teeth along the beach, which is beautiful there BTW!  🙂 

When visiting we went to the beach and were finding shark’s teeth.  It was cool until I thought, there is only one reason we are finding so many teeth.  About that time someone yelled look!  Luckily it was dolphins but it got me to jump 😂 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, George C said:

I guess you can call what Sorrentos serves pizza and I admit I have ordered it a few times , it would absolutely never pay for pizza that bad. 

You have to be kidding,George.Sorrentos may not compare with DiFara or any other Brooklyn Pizza but it is very good pizza.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You have to be kidding,George.Sorrentos may not compare with DiFara or any other Brooklyn Pizza but it is very good pizza.

I totally disagree but I will try another slice in November on the allure .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

I totally disagree but I will try another slice in November on the allure .

There is a Sorrento’s pizza place in a Long Island mall.I think it is the same company .Whenever I was in the mall at the food court there were more people buying pizza there than any other food.

The only really bad pizza I ever had was in a store similiar to Costco.

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I am so sorry for your inability of being with your family and going to Cedar Point.

We live 2 hours from there and have not gone in 4 years.Miss it, great local place.

Love it there.

Get better.

Re your post on taking a course about religions of the world.When I was in high school I had three close friends who I am still in contact with.One guy was a Buddhist,one Catholic and one Jewish.The summer after graduation I worked for a newspaper owned by the American Baptist Convention.

In college I had a friend who was Methodist and another Presbyterian as well as a guy who was agnostic and an atheist.

I had the opportunity to take a class in religion and found it fascinating.

Each of my children have 3 Masters degrees.In my opinion there is nothing wrong with having more than one degree even if you never use it.

I majored in Psychology and Sociology with a minor in English with a concentration in Literature.

I have a doctorate in religion solely because I found it fascinating not because I had any thought of being anything in the field.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a Sorrento’s pizza place in a Long Island mall.I think it is the same company .Whenever I was in the mall at the food court there were more people buying pizza there than any other food.

The only really bad pizza I ever had was in a store similiar to Costco.

I always thought Sorrento's was a name RCI decided to give the place. I'm not so sure it is run by an outside company.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always thought Sorrento's was a name RCI decided to give the place. I not so sure it is run by an outside company.

The one in the mall has the same color lettering as the one on the ships.

Or it may just be a coincidence.George C and I grew up in Brooklyn .People tell me that there was a Sorrentos in my part of Brooklyn in the 40’s and 50’s.I was never there nor do I recall where it was located.It is possible that it may just be a name that draws in customers.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, grows like a weed too!  😉  So does mine.  

We are already due for another hair cut.  I have appointment tomorrow at hair salon here I have never used before.  Wanted to get it done before transfer to rental #4 on Saturday.   I think Bucky is going wild man until we get back to Florida.  😮 

You're brave to try a new hair stylist.  I can't wait to see your #4 new digs.  Wild Man Bucky!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I can’t remember how many times I walked past this submarine on the river in Pittsburgh.  Yesterday was the first time I ever went inside. 

FA2BD1D2-F7FC-4EC9-B00F-6300C56523CC.thumb.jpeg.3945ee8abf8c84cb973d7c7b4793d833.jpeg

The USS Requin has been part of the Science Center since the 1990’s.  It was built in 1945, at the end of WW II.  

FDB17970-A06F-49A0-B615-04B1D596B032.thumb.jpeg.16af3cfbcd102842353338c7382ed735.jpeg

Inside

A0D4B919-04BC-4931-AA6A-1A0EB9672154.thumb.jpeg.bb5f26ce600f7570aabb39e9f1f60b89.jpeg

Thru the hatch

E26023AE-BAD1-4A07-9585-0C251B65D79A.thumb.jpeg.129ff615773a0c1ca77a59107ad1f4d1.jpeg

Some of the cramped quarters 

B37DA0F6-06BF-44A7-A6FA-32799921CACE.thumb.jpeg.8b254fc2745d9a2387e1664471a43087.jpeg

99D3BB88-461A-4739-902D-A3B52DAB0859.thumb.jpeg.095254ae3b745dc00ac45669072f65e3.jpeg

Captains quarters

EAF13D36-B8E1-4F0B-8448-D6AA26C89352.thumb.jpeg.c78f18f0d19801d3ad1a37ff0e866075.jpeg

Control room

FBFBFB26-76DB-4D36-AD88-18DD68B97DCF.thumb.jpeg.f2e06e8cfb82660ac09a45d19b9b20a6.jpeg

Bunks

C3F87D98-5C7A-411D-BFB2-F3F5B292B86D.thumb.jpeg.bba275da44891b4074343947658d43da.jpeg

And the ship plans

5E3FB46E-92C7-4C79-B76B-712E96ADE8ED.thumb.jpeg.fae7d51fb3d00037e734cbb2dd912b9e.jpeg

I know most photos now are digital, usually in a phone or tablet.  If I were you (just a suggestion) I would print all of these photos and put them in a photo album so they are readily available for your grandson to keep for many years to come.

• Like 3

So sorry that Israel is now on a mandatory indoor mask protocol.  I know Dani can't be happy about that especially the rapid rise of the Delta variant. 😒

One person in Houston is in the hospital with the Lambda covid variant.  Originally found in Peru the same time the Delta variant was discovered in India.  Unfortunately, it just takes one infected person for it to spread.

It seems when one variant is on the decline another one will pops up?

I have a friend whose friend refuses to get vaccinated and claims he doesn't trust it since it was not approved but "only" authorized.  I asked my friend what he's afraid of?  So far it's proven effective against covid and people are not dropping like flies from it.  Just my perspective.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

If I were you (just a suggestion) I would print all of these photos and put them in a photo album so they are readily available for your grandson to keep for many years to come.

We do something similar, using mixbook or Shutterfly.  You can drop photos and text into a little hardcover book.  I have used them for some cruises and other occasions, and that is what I am doing for the family history book I have been working on this year. 

For some reason, work on that history book has slowed down this summer.  😂. I will have enough copies of it published, so that each grandkid will have one of those. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I believe the Moderna shots will help you get through it if you unfortunately get it.  Trust it. Seems to have made a difference for me.

Are you back home now?    How you feeling after the infusion?     You mentioned earlier about some of the others in the infusion area looked to be worse than you, I wonder if they were vaccinated.      

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry that Israel is now on a mandatory indoor mask protocol.  I know Dani can't be happy about that especially the rapid rise of the Delta variant. 😒

One person in Houston is in the hospital with the Lambda covid variant.  Originally found in Peru the same time the Delta variant was discovered in India.  Unfortunately, it just takes one infected person for it to spread.

It seems when one variant is on the decline another one will pops up?

I have a friend whose friend refuses to get vaccinated and claims he doesn't trust it since it was not approved but "only" authorized.  I asked my friend what he's afraid of?  So far it's proven effective against covid and people are not dropping like flies from it.  Just my perspective.

I just heard about the Lambda variant yesterday on this thread.     

There will continue to be many variants/mutations of this virus and hopefully our vaccines will continue to work.   I just wish more people would get vaccinated.     We seem to be at a stand still with only 64.5% of PA residents vaccinated with 1 shot or more.    I don't think the majority of the unvaxxed will change their mind anytime soon.    I am sure Royal is closely watching too.   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We do something similar, using mixbook or Shutterfly.  You can drop photos and text into a little hardcover book.  I have used them for some cruises and other occasions, and that is what I am doing for the family history book I have been working on this year. 

For some reason, work on that history book has slowed down this summer.  😂. I will have enough copies of it published, so that each grandkid will have one of those. 

Yes, I forgot about those books from Shutterfly.  Wonderful idea.

@Sea Dog I don't know why I forgot about that.  I'm thinking of how photos were preserved in the dinosaur age 😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know most photos now are digital, usually in a phone or tablet.  If I were you (just a suggestion) I would print all of these photos and put them in a photo album so they are readily available for your grandson to keep for many years to come.

That’s a great idea.  Most of the time we dump our phone photos to backup and forget about them.  Lately my wife prints some off at Walmart and then sticks them on the fridge.  We also have a board that says Grandkid’s Make Life more Grand.  It has a string below it and with mini clothes pins we hang pics of grandkids.

• Like 2