Now for something completely different

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is that payout or per year?

Per annum.

He (Mick) doesn't decide what he gets paid so can't blame him. What irks me is that in June last year the state tried to freeze the salaries of public servants, police, nurses etc.. Anyone remember that? Front line workers putting their lives on the line and the pollies want to hold back what they have gone above and beyond for.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Per annum.

He (Mick) doesn't decide what he gets paid so can't blame him. What irks me is that in June last year the state tried to freeze the salaries of public servants, police, nurses etc.. Anyone remember that? Front line workers putting their lives on the line and the pollies want to hold back what they have gone above and beyond for.

What does the premier get?

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Yes, Fuller. It's in today's paper. $665,000 after 2.5% rise on top of a $20,000 rise last year.

So on retirement he could take a lump superannuation sum of 665k x 8, around 5 million $. Or he could take it as an indexed life time police pension, 72.75% of  $665k and tax free when he hits 60 yrs of age. He would be in the same super scheme as me, but I can tell you now mine is almost a non event compared to his. The member contribution is 6% of salary, no more, no less.

Good luck to him. He could afford a few world cruises, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

About the same I think.

Seems a lot for a police commissioner.  Before the salaries were set, the head of Premiers Department used to hate when he got a

salary rise because it would be featured on the front page of the Courier Mail.

33 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Seems a lot for a police commissioner.  Before the salaries were set, the head of Premiers Department used to hate when he got a

salary rise because it would be featured on the front page of the Courier Mail.

Well, that is what the Govt gives him, he is on contract.  He deserves it, I would not want the job. He has a department of 17,000 sworn officers and probably 3,000 public servants - civvies in admin etc. Compare the salary to a corporate exec, not big.  The 4 deputy commissioners are probably on $450,000 these days. A Sergeant would be on $150K an Inspector would be on $200K and a Superintendent $250K, good money these days.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Well, that is what the Govt gives him, he is on contract.  He deserves it, I would not want the job. He has a department of 17,000 sworn officers and probably 3,000 public servants - civvies in admin etc. Compare the salary to a corporate exec, not big.  The 4 deputy commissioners are probably on $450,000 these days. A Sergeant would be on $150K an Inspector would be on $200K and a Superintendent $250K, good money these days.

I agree not many people would want the job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Per annum.

I remember,  as my wage was frozen for the 6 months. Affects more than my pay and my super, deeply affects moral as well. Especially , as at the same they gave businesses and welfare recipients several bulk payments to help stimulate the economy and also thanking public servants  for stepping up during covid.

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

100 km/h winds down here on NSW Far South Coast, cyclonic bomb. Lot of damage, trees down, power cuts etc.  Blow a dog off a chain, a big dog at that.🐶

Hope your property is not affected Les. Take care. No golf for you today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

100 km/h winds down here on NSW Far South Coast, cyclonic bomb. Lot of damage, trees down, power cuts etc.  Blow a dog off a chain, a big dog at that.🐶

Yikes, that sounds ominous, be safe mate. I have to believe you have vital supplies.

• Haha 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I thought about it, but then there was also hail forecast, so as it is over the 2nd car, I preferred to save the car.

Good call Mic. The last time I was in Saskatchewan it was just after a hail storm went through, there was a Ford dealership and their entire inventory was a write off except the ones that were in the building.

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Good call Mic. The last time I was in Saskatchewan it was just after a hail storm went through, there was a Ford dealership and their entire inventory was a write off except the ones that were in the building.

In January last year after Melbourne had a very damaging hail storm which severly damaged our carport I had to pick up my son from a large panel beater as his car had been hail damaged as well. I was astounded to see that every car in the extensive parking area had hail damage from minor right through to being written off. 

We had some fairly wild winds around our place last night but no damage. We're lucky as our house is tucked down from street level and is fairly sheltered.

We had our car hail damaged on Christmas Day once. We were staying in the Yarra Valley at a holiday rental cottage and a super-cell storm went through late afternoon. The family had come out for lunch with us but managed to get home safely. The cottage didn't have any covered parking so we watched in horror as the car got smashed. We were able to get the windscreen replaced for the drive back to Sydney luckily.

• Like 2